Chapter Discussion Chapter 261: Inhuman Makyou Shinjuku Showdown, Part 33

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
Bruh people been complaining about culling game fights, especially Maki vs Sumo guy.
And how Kenjaku went to another country just to send some troops to culling games. That plotline went nowhere πŸ˜‚

I am not saying some people dont like Sukuna or shit on him, but there are people who 've been complaining about the story post Shibuya.
i know
thats why i said spam hate
u can clearly see the hate on this series increase a lot ever since 236 happened

1) you went and looked for a video that conforms to your views. I'll stick to the lrevailing fan opinion about the arc

2) The anime received mixed reviews because the animation was all over the place...as has been discussed in real time as it was released. Same reason OPM season 2 was ass while the manga version was amazing
1) I picked the most popular review of season 2 on youtube because I had seen it before and the IGN one caused controvery. I did not custom-watch 10 reviews and cherry-pick ones just to argue with you. Climb out of your own ass.

2) Again, not true. Just go to MAL.

See these top 3 reviews on the page:

Just expand the bottom 2.
:suresure:

@notAfanboy One of the only actually well-telegraphed and foreshadowed moments in the story a mistake is all I needed to hear.

Adios bozos
Ehhh, foreshadowing does not translate to being good.

It may have worked if Yuji got equally good power up during culling games, but he did not.

There is an imbalance right now and even you agreed that Yuji's sidelining in this chapter was bad.

I am saying the same shit, yet you get all defensive when it comes to Sukuna. Stop dick riding a fictional character.

And of course I would hate 2 of the main cast members getting sidelined. Why I would not want main cast to shine?

1) I picked the most popular review of season 2 on youtube because I had seen it before and the IGN one caused controvery. I did not custom-watch 10 reviews and cherry-pick ones just to argue with you. Climb out of your own ass.

2) Again, not true. Just go to MAL.

See these top 3 reviews on the page:

Just expand the bottom 2.
:suresure:
Penguinz0 or whatever his name is has millions of subscribers and his channel is mostly non-anime related. Ofc the ocassional anime video of his will be "popular" due to his own large fanbase

2) Manga readers commenting on (first comment) the bad animation and how the story is bad due to hindsight they have due to being up to date with the manga post Shibuya

2) Manga readers commenting on (first comment) the bad animation and how the story is bad due to hindsight they have due to being up to date with the manga post Shibuya

Ah, so now you're deflecting criticism of Shibuya to be criticism of post-Shibuya.

Look dude, I don't even disagree that Shibuya is better than Culling Games/Shinjuku.

But frankly, I don't agree that Shibuya was great and then there was a big quality drop.

It's all mediocre to me writing wise.

I've said this many times and I'm gonna say it again, personally, I only read JJK for the fight.

The chapter where Sukuna takes over Megumi is the best in the entire series.
Bruh, I would have liked it if Nobara and Yuji were doing some crazy shit.

The truth is, they are not.

It is not specifically about Sukuna. Look at it as a whole.

I see it like this:

Big Mom and Kaido decides to fight together.
They are already overpowered.
Luffy fails to awaken his DF.
Sanji and Franky are turned into homies by Big Mom and forced to fight against their own allies.

Kidd and Law are taken down by Kaido.

Now, somehow Zoro (dubbed as 2nd MC) has to fight against Kaido, because the MC dont have what it takes to put up a good fight. Of course, Zoro will lose.
On top of it, Big Mom and Kaido show their awakened forms. Gain power ups and fuck up the main cast even more πŸ˜‚

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, why this happened? Because Luffy failed to awaken his DF.
But in One Piece, he awakened his DF because Oda put him against strong opponents, got him trained in Haki from Ray and Old man in Wano.

The whole JJK structure is strange. I understand why people like it, because it is unique.
But, it comes with its own issues.
The problem starts when you start to blame those who point out these obvious issues.

I've said this many times and I'm gonna say it again, personally, I only read JJK for the fight.
And then you take issue when I say you are only focused on the powerscaling aspect of the story?

I get calling it mediocre, it's mediocre for me as a whole as well, but I enjoyed the premise of the story. The initial characters and how the story was shaping up. The very very small lore pieces we got. And the even smaller world building.

It's a manga of what ifs that was rushed through to get to this point imo, and now it's dragging ironically enough (this is the 33rd chapter of the Sukuna fight)

It's a manga of what ifs that was rushed through to get to this point imo, and now it's dragging ironically enough (this is the 33rd chapter of the Sukuna fight)
And apparently, Gege wanted to finish it by the end of 2023 πŸ˜‚
Post automatically merged:

u can clearly see the hate on this series increase a lot ever since 236 happened
That is one of the reasons.

The hate started after Shibuya and has been increasing gradually.

1) Easy to attribute it to post 236

2) Hard to understand that Gege failed to show positive moments for the main cast.

People coming from other shonen series dont understand that JJK is different.

Main cast has been on a losing streak, even the Ws they got are after massive Ls. Like defeating Mahito costed Mechamaru, Nanami, Nobara, and countless other human beings.
I think it is ok for people to be pissed if you understand where they are coming from.
(Not speaking for Gojo wankers and power scalers). @zenox

Last edited:
Dropped and underdeveloped plot points of the top of my head:
- Where is Sukuna's Trident thing?
- Heian era info (anything substantial on Sukuna, Kenjaku, Tengen etc)
- Yuki Tsukumo's soul research (and her as a character overall)
- The 3 Big Clans backstage politics (zero Gojo clan members, Zenin killed off, a handful of Kamo clan servants are all we ever saw)
- The Higher Ups - zero relevance
- Oversees sorcerers - only Miguel's tribe is known. No sorcerers beside that, anywhere?
- Nobara fate ambiguity - with Todo back she is again in limbo. Why?
- What did the Kyoto students do during the CG?
- What are the countries Kenjaku visited up to right now? Was there any point in him going to China and the US?
- 3 Vengful Spirits - Michizane was mentioned a couple of times as a historical figure, yet no mention of his Spirit appearing in a manga dedicated to exorcising spirits

And then you take issue when I say you are only focused on the powerscaling aspect of the story?
No, I don't take issue with that.

I take issue with pretending that the main focus of JJK was ever anything other than that and then talking down to people.

I get calling it mediocre, it's mediocre for me as a whole as well, but I enjoyed the premise of the story. The initial characters and how the story was shaping up. The very very small lore pieces we got. And the even smaller world building.

The manga is titled "Sorcery Fighting" and was only ever going to focus on battles, the power system, and battle mechanics.

No, I don't take issue with that.

I take issue with pretending that the main focus of JJK was ever anything other than that
A story's main focus is not the story? Very funny attemot at an axcuse

and then talking down to people.
?
That's literally you and your lot 24/7 LMAO

The manga is titled "Sorcery Fighting" and was only ever going to focus on battles, the power system, and battle mechanics.
Right, why even have dialogue at all, just have nice drawings of punchies and kickies :gokulaugh:

A story's main focus is not the story? Very funny attemot at an axcuse

?
That's literally you and your lot 24/7 LMAO

Right, why even have dialogue at all, just have nice drawings of punchies and kickies :gokulaugh:
Ah yes, because dialogue and character interactions are superior as is written into the laws of the universe.

You really are a fatty manga elitist.