Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
She only sees Luffy as an opportunity to imitate Oden after she couldn't join Ace. Yamato is currently lacking a deeper reason to join Luffy. Right now, she just wants to be a copy of Oden, not herself.

Besides, only exploring the world did not allow Oden to join Roger. He had the position on Roger's ship that Robin now has. Exploring the world is a bad reason and offers nothing for the story. At the moment she is also lacking a position.

Luffy also told her that she can't become Kozuki Oden because she has to be loved by everyone in Wano.

Yamato needs a deeper goal that offers more for the story and makes more sense than the dawn of the world.

Exactly. Franky was a thug that beat Usopp and robbed their cash.

It did not take until the Franky Family begged to come with Luffy and Galley-La for him to no longer see Franky as his enemy.
Yes. Yamato is already off to a better start, and it looks as if she will be spending significant time with Luffy in this arc, so that will surely grow. And she wants to join already.

Idk, I think her dialogue is pretty cut and dry. Others have translated the raw text from Japanese and Korean and she literally says she wants to go out to sea with Luffy. This isn't like Caribou trying to use Luffy to escape Wano, Yamato specifically wait for Luffy himself to show up because of Ace. Luffy just gets fixated on the fact she calls herself Oden, plus he does not know her yet so he's not really that impressed.

Watch, they are having these interactions now because Luffy is meant to be her "savior" in many ways. Once this happens, we will find out her actual dream and her skillset. There's just not enough to know about Yamato right now, so we do need to just chill and wait for the coming months.

I still believe that apart from jinbe, yamato and another male will join the crew this arc, to complete the mmfm pattern per seas.

I can also see BB's crew expand with former antagonists we already know to set up the final battle on a one on one matches
That MFMM Pattern theory, Yamato makes sense in the requirement that the female recruit was from an enemy group (Nami from Arlong Pirates, Robin from Baroque Works) and that she needs to be "freed" from some forces...

Yeah we gotta see where she ends up after this arc. Its clear the entire crew will jump in power and play "catchup", kind of like how Jinbe was pretty much stronger than everyone until the timeskip.
True... After this war, Luffy would be in the bottom of Yonko tier... Zoro and Sanji will catch up to Jinbe who will be YC tiers... The rest will be veteran tiers alongside Yamato...

This single little panel kills every positive thoghts about the idiot rabbit. All these talk about her "greatness","potential","importance",only for she,when the war barely started,be putted in ground easily by living objects. After this, there is no arguments against she being one of the crappiest characters and will be made of trash during all the war,certainly being killed.
Carrot, too weak... The crew doesn't need another weakling...

Kind of unfair to say when Nami is literally right next to her and they were running away from a Yonko lol
Nami is 1 of the weaklings... That just means that if Carrot joins, she'll be another weak tier... The crew doesn't need another one...

If she is going to be a Strawhat she could really do with getting a facial scar or something distinctive like that. She is far too similar facially to Nami for my liking- I can tell them apart, but c'mon Oda, you can do better than slightly thicker eyebrows and lower eyelashes.
She has horns, probably has pink or gray hair and a darker skin tone...

She only sees Luffy as an opportunity to imitate Oden after she couldn't join Ace. Yamato is currently lacking a deeper reason to join Luffy. Right now, she just wants to be a copy of Oden, not herself.

Besides, only exploring the world did not allow Oden to join Roger. He had the position on Roger's ship that Robin now has. Exploring the world is a bad reason and offers nothing for the story. At the moment she is also lacking a position.

Luffy also told her that she can't become Kozuki Oden because she has to be loved by everyone in Wano.

Yamato needs a deeper goal that offers more for the story and makes more sense than the dawn of the world.
That's where her character develops... She has to be herself... I think she'll write her own "Bible" but about her SH journey... She'll be the chronicler...

That was also not enough to accompany Roger. Only Chronist was enough for Whitebeard, but not for Roger. As I said, he still needed the role that Robin now has.
It would make sense to have someone record their adventures though given how many misconceptions and mysteries there are about Roger. I don't know if that's enough for a position on the crew, but it's something.

It would make sense to have someone record their adventures though given how many misconceptions and mysteries there are about Roger. I don't know if that's enough for a position on the crew, but it's something.
But was still too little to join Roger. Oden had the position on Roger's ship to translate poneglyphs and learn about the history of the void century. Now Robin has the role. Even Robin makes more sense to be the Kozuki Oden in the crew.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
โ€Ž
Honestly I see Yamato not knowing shit about being a pirate (actually sailing on the sea, not just by example of her father), so she comically just ends up being "cabin boy" lol
I agree, if she joins cabin boy/pirate apprentice makes the most sense for her. It's an actual job that has been mentioned in the series, her father had the same job with Rocks and it makes more sense than a chronicler that's missed the majority of the adventure

Great way to bring back some of the older allies from paradise and give them growth.
Durval and the Rosy Life Riders could join Division One and the Beautiful Pirates.
The Saruyama Alliance could join Division Two and the Barto Club.
Hachi could Join the Fourth Division and Ideo.
Oimo and Kashii could join Division Six and Hajrudin.
And Gin and Pearl could join Division Seven and Orlumbus.

Great way to bring back some of the older allies from paradise and give them growth.
Durval and the Rosy Life Riders could join Division One and the Beautiful Pirates.
The Saruyama Alliance could join Division Two and the Barto Club.
Hachi could Join the Fourth Division and Ideo.
Oimo and Kashii could join Division Six and Hajrudin.
And Gin and Pearl could join Division Seven and Orlumbus.
And Bellamy can bring the Sky People.

:smithnie:

I agree, if she joins cabin boy/pirate apprentice makes the most sense for her. It's an actual job that has been mentioned in the series, her father had the same job with Rocks and it makes more sense than a chronicler that's missed the majority of the adventure
I didn't even think about a chronicler missing most of the journey:milaugh: That would be pretty stupid. Cabin boy could work, but it would be more than a little weird. Not sure what other role she could take. We know next to nothing about her though so who knows what she could end up being good at. Right now she's certainly in a prime position though simply due to asking to join. I think she will be the final Strawhat.

No matter how you look at it, Yamato has to leave wano. We saw what the people of wano did to the kurozumi family. She would 100% be hunted to death if she stayed in wano post- Kaido.

Furthermore, with her connections to Oden and the whole handcuffs plot device, leaving wano seems like an integral part of her character.

So either she leaves with Luffy or she leaves with someone else. And I for one cannot see who else she could leave with. Her being an Oden fangirl already makes her a prime candidate for a straw hat.

as for her dream and role, that will come later. If we don't see much, then I guess we can rule her out. But there is too much we don't know about her for now to say she won't join.

If I were to guess, I would say that Momonosuke joins the crew with Carrot and yamato coming along as his retainers. Momonosuke would be the cabin boy. I think this is likely as momonosuke's story doesn't seem to just end in wano. He has a special power that allows him to control zunisha, be that an ancient weapon or something else, it will be of huge significance to the end of the story. And with him being Oden's son and all, it just doesn't make sense for him to stay on wano the rest of luffy's journey, especially when he has already come so far.

Momo even has a relationship with zoro, imo similar to shanks and rayleigh. I can see Hiyori becoming the shogun/empress of wano post-kaido with momonosuke sailing off with Luffy after reading his father's journal.

this would also fulfill carrot's role. imo she also can't just disappear after wano, as Oda already spent so much time establishing her relationship with the crew.

In any case, I see more arguments for Yamato joining than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.