Current Events Zoro Will not be "Defeated" in the Onigashima Raid

Should Zoro be defeated in the Onigashima Raid?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
While it is true that Zoro has had subsequent defeats and losses (Enel, Lucci, Borsalino and the Yeti Brothers come to mind as plausible losses), none of them were in straight 1 vs 1s against his arc opponents, and none of them were swordsmen. In short, none of them were duels.
Against Enel it was not a 1v1, that's true.
It was a 4v1 and Enel stil rekt all of them, including Zoro.
Or against Lucci, it was a 2v1 with Luffy. Zoro attacked Lucci from behind and got one shotet.
What exactly would a straight 1v1 situation change?
And according to some people here, Kizaru is a swordsman too, so Zoro lost to a swordsman, no?
Post automatically merged:

My point exactly duh
It's stil a lose isn't it?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Against Enel it was not a 1v1, that's true.
It was a 4v1 and Enel stil rekt all of them, including Zoro.
Or against Lucci, it was a 2v1 with Luffy. Zoro attacked Lucci from behind and got one shotet.
What exactly would a straight 1v1 situation change?
And according to some people here, Kizaru is a swordsman too, so Zoro lost to a swordsman, no?
Post automatically merged:

It's stil a lose isn't it?
Youve literally just quoted me to say he didnt fight kizaru.

HA001

Zoro got one shotet - a crushing defeat. This was not even worth being called a fight.
Got it now?
Or do you thing if it was a ''real 1v1 fight'' - what ever that is, because apparently there are ''real'' ones and ''fake'' ones - , the outcome would be different?
It wasnt even a fight. Kizaru shot him when he didnt even know he was there.
Got it now.
It doesnt matter about the outcome cause its not a fight. So its not a point.

It wasnt even a fight. Kizaru shot him when he didnt even know he was there.
Got it now.
It doesnt matter about the outcome cause its not a fight. So its not a point.
Really? Zoro didn't know? Zoro had his swords out when he was hit by Kizaru, so he had enough time to do that before getting wrecked.
Zoro would get always one shotet by Kizaru - following your logic, it is never a ''fight''? So Zoro can't lose if it's not a ''fight'', lmao.

And why do you copy my ''Got it now''? You didn't gave any point lol.

HA001

Really? Zoro didn't know? Zoro had his swords out when he was hit by Kizaru, so he had enough time to do that before getting wrecked.
Zoro would get always one shotet by Kizaru - following your logic, it is never a ''fight''? So Zoro can't lose if it's not a ''fight'', lmao.

And why do you copy my ''Got it now''? You didn't gave any point lol.
Im glad youre a 1000 iq genius who thinks flampe and luffy fought.

Hi new here !

A lot of loose ends surrounding Zoro have not been tied up:

- Oda teased a Zoro flashback regarding his connection to Wano, and the Shimotsuki clan. There has to be some kind of big emotional moment to trigger it if we have to go all the way back in East Blue.
- The Nidai Kitetsu is an obvious power up but it is still on mainland Wano.
- Kanjuro intends to kill Hiyori who is still at the northern grave yard.
- The people of Ebisu are still under the effect of the Smile fruit and Oda made a big point when Yasuie died. Zoro was really pissed.
- Hawkins implied that the Straw Hats will stay on Wano for a month and its been two weeks.

I don't think Zoro would lose a one vs one against a swordsman. However, it might be a team loss that forces most of the straw hats to retreat that would effectively end the third act on a tragedy like in the Kabuki play. Its a perfect set up if Oda wants to explore Zoro's backstory cause flashbacks tend to happen during an emotional moment. Act 4 would be about the straw hats regrouping and gaining new allies until the end of the month and the finale.

Think of Act 3 as the Infinity War and Act 4 as the Endgame :smart:

Hi new here !

A lot of loose ends surrounding Zoro have not been tied up:

- Oda teased a Zoro flashback regarding his connection to Wano, and the Shimotsuki clan. There has to be some kind of big emotional moment to trigger it if we have to go all the way back in East Blue.
- The Nidai Kitetsu is an obvious power up but it is still on mainland Wano.
- Kanjuro intends to kill Hiyori who is still at the northern grave yard.
- The people of Ebisu are still under the effect of the Smile fruit and Oda made a big point when Yasuie died. Zoro was really pissed.
- Hawkins implied that the Straw Hats will stay on Wano for a month and its been two weeks.

I don't think Zoro would lose a one vs one against a swordsman. However, it might be a team loss that forces most of the straw hats to retreat that would effectively end the third act on a tragedy like in the Kabuki play. Its a perfect set up if Oda wants to explore Zoro's backstory cause flashbacks tend to happen during an emotional moment. Act 4 would be about the straw hats regrouping and gaining new allies until the end of the month and the finale.

Think of Act 3 as the Infinity War and Act 4 as the Endgame :smart:
There are a lot of plot threads that have yet to be covered tbh.

Im glad youre a 1000 iq genius who thinks flampe and luffy fought.
Zoro took his swords out and was ready to fight, but got one shotet after that. He is a fodder against Kizaru. Kizaru could give Zoro 10min. of preparation time, he would stil get one shotet. But you wouldn't count it as a fight, because it would mean Zoro broke his promise, right?

What had to happen for you to say it was a fight? That's gonna be interesting to hear.

So because it was a one shot, does it mean Luffy vs Kaidou was not a fight?

Why should i think Flampe vs Luffy was a fight? Flampe interfered in Luffy's fight and i can't remember Flampe one shoting Luffy.

Kizaru was the only one standing in front of Zoro, Zoro had his swords out and got one shotet. Yet it's stil not a fight? :kayneshrug:

HA001

Zoro took his swords out and was ready to fight, but got one shotet after that. He is a fodder against Kizaru. Kizaru could give Zoro 10min. of preparation time, he would stil get one shotet. But you wouldn't count it as a fight, because it would mean Zoro broke his promise, right?

What had to happen for you to say it was a fight? That's gonna be interesting to hear.

So because it was a one shot, does it mean Luffy vs Kaidou was not a fight?

Why should i think Flampe vs Luffy was a fight? Flampe interfered in Luffy's fight and i can't remember Flampe one shoting Luffy.

Kizaru was the only one standing in front of Zoro, Zoro had his swords out and got one shotet. Yet it's stil not a fight? :kayneshrug:
Did zoro know kizaru was there before he got shot?

Did zoro know kizaru was there before he got shot?
I already told you that 3 times... are you even reading my comments?
When they split up, Zoro didn't had his swords out. No enemy followed him. The next time we see Zoro, he is laying on the ground with his swords out and Kizaru standing in front of him. Now do the math...
Zoro had enough time to pull his swords out. Zoro prepared to fight Kizaru and got shit on. What is there not to understand? Kizaru did not sneak attack him, if you are hoping for that.

Man, this is exactly like saying "Luffy doesn't need to be beaten ever again in any round, cause he already experienced the vast gap in power before timeskip in Marineford"

The idea is not giving Luffy or Zoro growth, they already got that long time ago

The idea is building stronger tension and make the fight SEEM deadly...
for the viewer to be thrilled and enjoy feelings of anexiety over a single round

HA001

I already told you that 3 times... are you even reading my comments?
When they split up, Zoro didn't had his swords out. No enemy followed him. The next time we see Zoro, he is laying on the ground with his swords out and Kizaru standing in front of him. Now do the math...
Zoro had enough time to pull his swords out. Zoro prepared to fight Kizaru and got shit on. What is there not to understand? Kizaru did not sneak attack him, if you are hoping for that.
No zoro didnt know kizaru was there before he got shot

No I will not love that. Zoro must start winning and prove a lot of people wrong. I quietly hope that all of this memeing Zoro by Oda will pay off in the real fights. I can't stand what Oda does with Zoro sometimes and stuff like fainting should never exist. Zoro losing will make zero sense and only regression for his character.
Zoro losing will make a lots of sense first they r facing two yonkos which is a guarantee that raid will definitely fail which means including zoro. Just because he made a promise that he would never lose doesn't mean that he won't. Zoro PTS has had easy opponents and king will be the first swordman that he will lose to. This will be good for zoro's character development because it will remind him of what it will take for him to be the strongest swordman and if he doesn't know the taste of defeat then could never be the world's strongest swordsman.

Zoro losing will make a lots of sense first they r facing two yonkos which is a guarantee that raid will definitely fail which means including zoro. Just because he made a promise that he would never lose doesn't mean that he won't. Zoro PTS has had easy opponents and king will be the first swordman that he will lose to. This will be good for zoro's character development because it will remind him of what it will take for him to be the strongest swordman and if he doesn't know the taste of defeat then could never be the world's strongest swordsman.
Zoro losing would ruin the whole point of his character in OP

No I will not love that. Zoro must start winning and prove a lot of people wrong. I quietly hope that all of this memeing Zoro by Oda will pay off in the real fights. I can't stand what Oda does with Zoro sometimes and stuff like fainting should never exist. Zoro losing will make zero sense and only regression for his character.
Everyone loses sometimes, you saying zoro should never lose means you want him to be a boring ass Marie sue. Heck the one time he “lost” post skip ya all kept going on about how he didn’t get his Advil and tummy ache too stronk and downplaying killers attack. I wonder why the insane hatred for making zoro more human and relatable?