Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on man give Carrot some credit she just 15 years old, even Luffy when 15 doesnt have gut to start travel yet. Dont compare her with old dude Jimbei who gone through a lot shit in the world. Plus only two maybe 3 people on the ship which is the best what they do. Robin the only person who can read poneglyh, sanji is the best cook and brooks the musician. Others are still learning to be the best, dont ever says zoro the best swordman yet of course he will, just like Luffy will the king of pirate. Dont forget Nami does not even know how to navigate in grandline when they first enter. Eventually they will learn doing their job in time. So Carrot will improve for lookout eventually will happen but I still hope Carrot can fight and defeat perospero. Right now I still have doubt. But I will give her credit consider how old she is.

Come on man give Carrot some credit she just 15 years old, even Luffy when 15 doesnt have gut to start travel yet. Dont compare her with old dude Jimbei who gone through a lot shit in the world. Plus only two maybe 3 people on the ship which is the best what they do. Robin the only person who can read poneglyh, sanji is the best cook and brooks the musician. Others are still learning to be the best, dont ever says zoro the best swordman yet of course he will, just like Luffy will the king of pirate. Dont forget Nami does not even know how to navigate in grandline when they first enter. Eventually they will learn doing their job in time. So Carrot will improve for lookout eventually will happen but I still hope Carrot can fight and defeat perospero. Right now I still have doubt. But I will give her credit consider how old she is.
False notion. From what we know, Luffy left at 17 for a reason not because he was gutless. Stop spreading lies. Chopper was 15 when he left, where was he? I don't see him mentioned. But as well has experience and knowledge of his job.
Carrot being a lookout for what? Anybody can do it. It's a ridiculous notion to think they need a lookout as an actual job. If you're looking for that to be the reason she joins it's a sad pathetic one.

The only thing that can save Yamoto is character development.

The “I’m Oden” gags could lose their luster if overused like “May I see your panties?” and Sanji’s perversion. She would have to be likeable and tolerable to readers if it means her getting more screentime as a crew member.

There’s a reason Barto is a grand fleet captain instead of a crew member since his fanboyism would grow annoying than relatable if we seen more of it.
Sanji’s perversion is likely due to genetic modifications though. All 4 brothers, and even Reiju to less extent, display it. I think some modifications, related to personality, were successful on Sanji like they were on his brothers.
I was also annoyed by his perversion a bit previously but thinking that it was a pre-determined trait given by Judge lessens my annoyance at least a bit lol

False notion. From what we know, Luffy left at 17 for a reason not because he was gutless. Stop spreading lies. Chopper was 15 when he left, where was he? I don't see him mentioned. But as well has experience and knowledge of his job.
Carrot being a lookout for what? Anybody can do it. It's a ridiculous notion to think they need a lookout as an actual job. If you're looking for that to be the reason she joins it's a sad pathetic one.
Where the lies? Ace and Sabo also left araound that age. Typically Luffy been told or discuss that age is proper plus there is flashback Luffy left after he feel he is strong enough and said goodbye to Dadan and co.15 years old Choper can fly few meter and destroy few Daifuku ship? That some achievement for me. Choper 15 is still improve his medical knowledge after being sent away Bartlomew Kuma. Cleraly he still not good enough infact all the crew being blown to improve their respectable jobs. It is not whether there is best or not because they will improve their job eventually. Even the best cook in the world still need to learn 99 recepies. Yeah you are right anybody can be lookout just as well anybody can navigator, cook heck even franky can play guitar but was he the musiacian? Of course anybody can is just where you interest and talent are. Nobody in the crew show interest in job and only since Pedro and Carrot are the one being shown repeatedly in that job that people start supporting Carrot for the job and clearly Oda also has that intention he clearly just testing the water and still not fully decided yet Carrot join the crew. Carrot been following the crew untill now and being called her full name rather than nicknames by also suggesting that. It clear but not 100% or she may not join. But you just want the best? Not happening. Everybody improve their skills bit by bit. Even 90 years old Brooks is in middle class. I am not Carrot fan but I admit the intention and is just be like owh ok when her join there no suprise or excitement. I like Ulti charcter more but she will not join because she believed Kaido is going to be PK.

Where the lies? Ace and Sabo also left araound that age. Typically Luffy been told or discuss that age is proper plus there is flashback Luffy left after he feel he is strong enough and said goodbye to Dadan and co.15 years old Choper can fly few meter and destroy few Daifuku ship? That some achievement for me. Choper 15 is still improve his medical knowledge after being sent away Bartlomew Kuma. Cleraly he still not good enough infact all the crew being blown to improve their respectable jobs. It is not whether there is best or not because they will improve their job eventually. Even the best cook in the world still need to learn 99 recepies. Yeah you are right anybody can be lookout just as well anybody can navigator, cook heck even franky can play guitar but was he the musiacian? Of course anybody can is just where you interest and talent are. Nobody in the crew show interest in job and only since Pedro and Carrot are the one being shown repeatedly in that job that people start supporting Carrot for the job and clearly Oda also has that intention he clearly just testing the water and still not fully decided yet Carrot join the crew. Carrot been following the crew untill now and being called her full name rather than nicknames by also suggesting that. It clear but not 100% or she may not join. But you just want the best? Not happening. Everybody improve their skills bit by bit. Even 90 years old Brooks is in middle class. I am not Carrot fan but I admit the intention and is just be like owh ok when her join there no suprise or excitement. I like Ulti charcter more but she will not join because she believed Kaido is going to be PK.
Lol Sorry but No, just a whole bunch of bullshit just to try to say Carrot fits. It doesn't need some special thing or talent, your making lookout way more important than it actually is...

Carrot has less desireable effect or low selling point everywhere within her character. Her shape which chopper already has make her low selling point. Her cuteness which also almost same Chopper meke her low on selling. Her sad past lost mentor and how Oda not put it in the effect how Franky lost Tom also low selling point. Her style sneaking into the ship not dramatic as the effect when Robin sneaking after Alasbasta make her low selling point. Her fighting style generate elektro almost the same like Nami lighting make her low selling point. Not beating anyone important in WCI just like Sanji, Jinbei or Bege make her low selling point. At least Sanji make a cake which able to distract Big Mom, Jinbei and the gang help in the escape and Bege sacrificing his ship to distract Big Mom. Her intention jon as a lookout make her less selling point. Her ambition to adventure to the sea which almost the same as Usop make her less selling point. At least put it in better word to be brave warrior of the sea. But I still admit the intention by oda show she has the biggest possibilities to be next nakama so far and she may not join if the affect Oda hope from her character not been achieved. The situation Roger reject Pedro may still can happen to her if Oda has new aspiration. Just like from a stupid low class villain with stupid bird Oda new aspiration turn her to a Princess of a country we seen in Vivi and she got complete turn arround aside from she still cannot fight and that bird still stupid
Post automatically merged:

The best selling point Carrot has was as 15 years old she got way bigger boobs compare to nami when she 18. Way bigger than Robin during her teenager and Hancock when she is 16 during escaping from marijeos. Teenager in new world has bigger boobs. Remember Rebecca and Shiraoshi also 15 also Pudding 16. Bow to Oda sensei.

Luffy call her by name good selling point.
Not with minks and fighting along side strawhats good selling point.
She alone cause trouble to Daifuku with Jinbei need whole Sun Pirates. Well diffrent objectives Jinbei want to stop pursuers while Carrot want to delay. Since she is alone I give her a good selling point on this one also.
Eager to fight just like Luffy and Zoro I gave her good selling point also.

Last edited:
It's just speculation. There's no firm evidence but there are hints to suggest that Yamato's story could end up with her as the shogun of Wano for a while until Momo's old enough to rule himself. I personally think Yamato's a distraction, or a red-herring for the real next straw hat we're getting this arc.

People talk about how Yamato wants to board Luffy's ship and travel due to the logic that Oden did that with Roger. But we don't need to apply that kind of backwards logic with a certain bunny. She wants to board and adventure entirely because of her own adventurous spirit. Not out of some simple "logic". That of course being Carrot, who ironically has more personality traits and similarities to Oden than his cosplayer known as Yamao.
Nothing about her story hints at her being the shogun after kaido goes down. Why would the people of Wano pick the son of the very person who they hate so much?

Nothing about her story hints at her being the shogun after kaido goes down. Why would the people of Wano pick the son of the very person who they hate so much?
I meant to say there are threads that could be developed to have meaning within the story.
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...ew-members-and-the-grand-fleet.79/post-555874

One of the images is broken, but this is what it was:
Wano set itself up for ruin by persecuting those with the bloodline of a daimyo killer. Wano created Orochi and Kanjuro. If it hadn't been for the citizens' treatment of them, it's possible they never would've turned into who they were. Yamato is also someone with the blood of a daimyo killer. This could be an opportunity for Wano to redeem itself by accepting her (after she helped save their country against Kaido).

Momo's the one who would get the say on who becomes shogun, and if after having talked to her and got to know her (like he is about to do right now as she has been assigned to protect him), then he could appoint her and vouch for her to the country, until he himself grows old enough to accept the position.

But as mentioned, this is all just speculation based on themes and ideas that have been presented in Wano already and on the nature of how things tend to go in these big rebellion arcs. Speculation, but not completely ungrounded.

Last edited:
Good video by Morj. An eloquent reiteration of what I and many others had already said in this thread. Even mentioning the idea of Yamato becoming the temporary shogun of Wano until Momo's of age.

Last chapter, Yamato got sent away from Luffy and the crew to instead look after Momo. This could be the beginning of their relationship and the path for Yamato finding who she really is and Momo developing trust in her, even though her father killed his father.

We saw from her talk with Luffy, that the latter hardly cares about "Yamao" and was far more interested in other things. We'll see how her time with Momo goes. Whether it's played for gags and is a brief thing, or whether it shows the signs of a closer relationship yet to come.
Oda won´t have Momo proudly shout out he will be Shogun just like he had Luffy do the same in Loguetown right before their supposed death just to shove in a stand-in Shogun.
It´s the return of the Kozuki.

Not saying she will necessarily join, and Morj made some good statements (but also not good ones) but that is nonsense.
Post automatically merged:

This conversation reminds me that I’m glad no one is pushing the Tama for Strawhat train here.

That’s why I barely touch Arlong Park anymore when one mod always spreads his propaganda like she’s a lock. :lusalty:
While every other mod always disagree.

Oda won´t have Momo proudly shout out he will be Shogun just like he had Luffy do the same in Loguetown right before their supposed death just to shove in a stand-in Shogun.
It´s the return of the Kozuki.
That's a fair point about the parallel to Loguetown. I would've said that it would be no different to compare it to Koby claiming he would become a Navy admiral, only for Fuji and Ryo to take the position instead, but this is slightly different.

However, there are certainly some deliberate parallels with Momo and Yamato. She's the same age Momo would've been if he hadn't jumped through time 20 years. We can look at her as an alternate Momo. Both the children of the lead figures on either side. Both have had issues with their identity. Both are expected to become shogun. And now Yamato's been sent to look after Momo with a potential closer relationship on the horizon due to their similarities.

Momo's still very young and lacking in strength, whilst Yamato's how old he would've been, but also very strong. In addition she is someone that would probably be able to relate to him more than anyone due to their similar struggles as the children of Oden and Kaido respectively.

Obviously I don't know what's gonna happen but there are some threads hanging for a role for Yamato in Wano because of all of this ^^. Daimyo of Kuri?? A diarchy?? Another retainer?? Who knows? These are just random speculations, but it is based on something of substance and the potential of the Yamato/Momo dynamic. Maybe when we actually see the two interact in the coming chapters, the direction will become a bit more clear.

Either way, I struggle to see Yamato ending up on the Sunny, regardless of what happens, for a whole host of reasons.

I meant to say there are threads that could be developed to have meaning within the story.
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...ew-members-and-the-grand-fleet.79/post-555874

One of the images is broken, but this is what it was:
Wano set itself up for ruin by persecuting those with the bloodline of a daimyo killer. Wano created Orochi and Kanjuro. If it hadn't been for the citizens' treatment of them, it's possible they never would've turned into who they were. Yamato is also someone with the blood of a daimyo killer. This could be an opportunity for Wano to redeem itself by accepting her (after she helped save their country against Kaido).

Momo's the one who would get the say on who becomes shogun, and if after having talked to her and got to know her (like he is about to do right now as she has been assigned to protect him), then he could appoint her and vouch for her to the country, until he himself grows old enough to accept the position.

But as mentioned, this is all just speculation based on themes and ideas that have been presented in Wano already and on the nature of how things tend to go in these big rebellion arcs. Speculation, but not completely ungrounded.
accepting/forgiving her and choosing her to become the shogun of Wano after kaido are two completely different things.
Momo would have a say in who is the shogun But to then say that Momo would choose a stranger (who’s related To kaido)he JUST met Over his blood sister makes no sense.

accepting/forgiving her and choosing her to become the shogun of Wano after kaido are two completely different things.
The people have no say. It's Momo's decision.
Momo would have a say in who is the shogun But to then say that Momo would choose a stranger (who’s related To kaido)he JUST met Over his blood sister makes no sense.
He wouldn't just have a say, he'd decide. Orochi originally became shogun because who they believed to be Oden's Dad decided to pick him, despite the fact that he was a kurozumi. Momo's the heir so it's his call.

And I agree it would make sense to pick Hiyori. But as I've always said, this idea is merely a possibility. Given the similarities in their circumstances, it could also make sense to pick Yamato. Especially considering the role Yamato will likely play in fighting to liberate Wano as opposed to Hiyori who is safe and sound back in mainland Wano away from the battle.

That's a fair point about the parallel to Loguetown. I would've said that it would be no different to compare it to Koby claiming he would become a Navy admiral, only for Fuji and Ryo to take the position instead, but this is slightly different.

However, there are certainly some deliberate parallels with Momo and Yamato. She's the same age Momo would've been if he hadn't jumped through time 20 years. We can look at her as an alternate Momo. Both the children of the lead figures on either side. Both have had issues with their identity. Both are expected to become shogun. And now Yamato's been sent to look after Momo with a potential closer relationship on the horizon due to their similarities.

Momo's still very young and lacking in strength, whilst Yamato's how old he would've been, but also very strong. In addition she is someone that would probably be able to relate to him more than anyone due to their similar struggles as the children of Oden and Kaido respectively.

Obviously I don't know what's gonna happen but there are some threads hanging for a role for Yamato in Wano because of all of this ^^. Daimyo of Kuri?? A diarchy?? Another retainer?? Who knows? These are just random speculations, but it is based on something of substance and the potential of the Yamato/Momo dynamic. Maybe when we actually see the two interact in the coming chapters, the direction will become a bit more clear.

Either way, I struggle to see Yamato ending up on the Sunny, regardless of what happens, for a whole host of reasons.
It is more comparable to Vivi not saving Alabasta, Rebecca not seeing and living with her dad and so forth, Coby is the only exception of the young generation getting inspired by Luffy group whose dream is so big and far away from his current status back then that it will take the entire series and probably an epilogue to achieve it.
What also distinguishes them from Coby, while the others, though being part of the endevour, the decisive figure was Luffy, so it was not only about inspiring them, but being physically reliant on him, and Luffy could solve their issue within the same arc or sage they were introduced. Coby on the other hand, he really needs to grow himself completely without help, both mentally and physically.

Yeah but these parallels have nothing to do with the entire build-up of the Kozukis, especially Oden, and the people of Wa No. Everybody is waiting either for the Kozuki to return, or have been brainwashed against the Kozuki and need to wake up.
Putting someone they do not know of, even worse, is the child of the guy responsible for this mess, seems nonsensical, even if i doubt they will hold animosity against her.
Strength does not matter, here heritage is the most important thing.
What they are waiting for is this

He is the symbol that is going to lead Wa No into the future, even if he needs the help of stronger adults as his lieges with the day to day stuff. This is not about strength or age. So yeah, that´s a no-go. Plus Orochi was not the strongest either.

This obviously does and means nothing in regards to Yamato.
The parallel with Oden is a non-decisive thing, you can say Oda is pushing for Roger-Oden/Luffy-Yamato parallel, you can also easily say Daimyo of Kuri is possible (Oden was never a Shogun after all), you can say she would try to travel the seas alone just like Oden did with no relation to the dawn, simply picking up on the adventure site of Oden, you can say she thinks Luffy is the messiah and she needs to follow him, up to air right now.

What i agreed with Morj was the role thing, which for Yamato is non-existent and will be hard to establish.
On the other hand, him claiming it would be too obvious since Yamato stated she was waiting for Luffy is completely nonsense as well, we had Brook, who was asked the same chapter he was introduced, Sanji almost the same, Jinbe was asked but delayed, and people claimed it would be too obvious and something would happen for him not to join and so on, and now here we are.

Yeah but these parallels have nothing to do with the entire build-up of the Kozukis, especially Oden, and the people of Wa No. Everybody is waiting either for the Kozuki to return, or have been brainwashed against the Kozuki and need to wake up.
Putting someone they do not know of, even worse, is the child of the guy responsible for this mess, seems nonsensical, even if i doubt they will hold animosity against her.
Strength does not matter, here heritage is the most important thing.
What they are waiting for is this
My point was that precisely because Yamato is the child of the guy responsible for all of this is why I feel Yamato needs to be in a position of authority in order to send a message.

There would be no Orochi nor a Kanjuro if not for the people of Wano being dicks.
"You will reap what you've sown!!"

That was the root of the issue relating to the Kurozumis. IMO it's hardly enough to just go, "Yeah, you're alright actually. You're not that bad even though you're the daughter of Kaido". Wano citizens weren't just calling those with the bloodline of criminals mean names, they were hunting them down and slaughtering them, which inevitably led to an extreme resentment. That's a huge part of what caused the downfall of Wano, and it can't just be brushed aside. The most obvious manner in which the Wano citizens can redeem themselves is by accepting Yamato, daughter of Kaido, in a position of authority. That would be proof that their words of acceptance aren't just empty and evidence to suggest that there won't be another family shunned from society that's plotting in the sidelines for their revenge after the alliance leaves.

Saying, "the people of Wano wouldn't want to accept her" is exactly the issue. Of course they wouldn't, but the point is that they're going to have to if they want to prevent history from repeating itself. And prove it too. FMI citizens didn't just claim they accepted the inhabitants of the fishman district, they agreed to live among them. Dressrosa citizens didn't just state they supported tonttatas, they began to coexist with them. The same with the Shandians and Skypeians. There's always proof that things have changed.
This obviously does and means nothing in regards to Yamato.
The parallel with Oden is a non-decisive thing, you can say Oda is pushing for Roger-Oden/Luffy-Yamato parallel, you can also easily say Daimyo of Kuri is possible (Oden was never a Shogun after all), you can say she would try to travel the seas alone just like Oden did with no relation to the dawn, simply picking up on the adventure site of Oden, you can say she thinks Luffy is the messiah and she needs to follow him, up to air right now.
I personally don't find the Yamato/Oden parallel to be strong at all. Yamato is to Oden what Weevil is to Whitebeard. When talking about Oden's successors first you've got the 8 scabbards + Izo + Shinobu. Then you've got Momo and Hiyori. And then you've got Zoro, followed by Luffy. So Yamato rocks up as the 15th inheritor of Oden. That's hardly anything to write home about. Heck, I'd even argue that Carrot's more Oden than Yamato is. Her whole Oden cosplay is something she'll likely grow out of since, just like Momo's journey of self-discovery led him to accept his name, Yamato's is likely also gonna lead her down a similar path. That's also another reason why I thought her position as shogun would make sense, since Oden never wanted to be shogun.
What i agreed with Morj was the role thing, which for Yamato is non-existent and will be hard to establish.
On the other hand, him claiming it would be too obvious since Yamato stated she was waiting for Luffy is completely nonsense as well, we had Brook, who was asked the same chapter he was introduced, Sanji almost the same, Jinbe was asked but delayed, and people claimed it would be too obvious and something would happen for him not to join and so on, and now here we are.
I agree with Morj on that.

Oda absolutely hates being predictable. In his first few years with the east blue straw hats, he was extremely straightforward, but after they joined the grandline Oda tried to make each recruitment story a bit more surprising. Like how he framed things to make it look like Kureha was going to join at first, even having Luffy invite her, only to then immediately start pushing for Chopper. How he made it extremely likely that Vivi would join, only to do a complete surprise twist with Robin. How Oda admitted in interviews to trying to confuse readers into thinking other characters (such as Paulie) would join during W7, only for the early antagonist Franky to join. Then the very act of Brook joining immediately in the chapter he was introduced is a crazy twist in itself. And finally with Jinbe, who wasn't obvious, and then was obvious, and then Oda dropped death flag after death flag to try and and add some doubt to make his survival and joining all the more surprising and exciting.

Yamato's being pushed with the idea of joining immediately, but not in the same fashion as Brook. Brook's was done in the very moment we first saw him. The idea for Yamato was introduced but not given an answer. Since she didn't join in the very moment, the situation changed from a surprise "recruitment on sight" to instead everyone thinking that this character will join at some point down the line, which totally takes away the surprise. That's why it can be expected to subvert her recruitment with something else. Taking Carrot for example, if she were to join, although it would be fitting and make sense, it would still be surprising to the general reader, since it's not an idea Oda has completely transparently introduced in the manner that he did with Yamato.

Last edited:
As I see it, yamato is clearly done with wano. She wants to go outside. That's it. Accept this.

So she will join clearly. With jinbei and yamato having a relationship with ace, it seems like the nakama in the new world will have a relationship with ace.

So maybe someone from the spade pirates will join and the rest will join the grand fleet? The vc of ace? And even if not, the spade pirates will join the grand fleet for sure, I think.

My point was that precisely because Yamato is the child of the guy responsible for all of this is why I feel Yamato needs to be in a position of authority in order to send a message.

There would be no Orochi nor a Kanjuro if not for the people of Wano being dicks.
"You will reap what you've sown!!"

That was the root of the issue relating to the Kurozumis. IMO it's hardly enough to just go, "Yeah, you're alright actually. You're not that bad even though you're the daughter of Kaido". Wano citizens weren't just calling those with the bloodline of criminals mean names, they were hunting them down and slaughtering them, which inevitably led to an extreme resentment. That's a huge part of what caused the downfall of Wano, and it can't just be brushed aside. The most obvious manner in which the Wano citizens can redeem themselves is by accepting Yamato, daughter of Kaido, in a position of authority. That would be proof that their words of acceptance aren't just empty and evidence to suggest that there won't be another family shunned from society that's plotting in the sidelines for their revenge after the alliance leaves.

Saying, "the people of Wano wouldn't want to accept her" is exactly the issue. Of course they wouldn't, but the point is that they're going to have to if they want to prevent history from repeating itself.

I personally don't find the Yamato/Oden parallel to be strong at all. Yamato is to Oden what Weevil is to Whitebeard. When talking about Oden's successors first you've got the 8 scabbards + Izo + Shinobu. Then you've got Momo and Hiyori. And then you've got Zoro, and then you've got Luffy. So Yamato rocks up as the 15th inheritor of Oden. That's hardly anything to write home about. Heck, I'd even argue that Carrot's more Oden than Yamato is. Her whole Oden cosplay is something she'll likely grow out of since, just like Momo's journey of self-discovery led him to accept his name, Yamato's is likely also gonna lead her down a similar path. That's also another reason why I thought her position as shogun would make sense, since Oden never wanted to be shogun.

I agree with Morj on that.

Oda absolutely hates being predictable. In his first few years with the east blue straw hats, he was extremely straightforward, but after they joined the grandline Oda tried to make each recruitment story a bit more surprising. Like how he framed things to make it look like Kureha was going to join at first, even having Luffy invite her, only to then immediately start pushing for Chopper. How he made it extremely likely that Vivi would join, only to do a complete surprise twist with Robin. How Oda admitted in interviews to trying to confuse readers into thinking other characters (such as Paulie) would join during W7, only for the early antagonist Franky to join. Then the very act of Brook joining immediately in the chapter he was introduced is a crazy twist in itself. And finally with Jinbe, who wasn't obvious, and then was obvious, and then Oda dropped death flag after death flag to try and and add some doubt to make his survival and joining all the more surprising and exciting.

Yamato's being pushed with the idea of joining immediately, but not in the same fashion as Brook. Brook's was done in the very moment we first saw him. The idea for Yamato was introduced but not given an answer. Since she didn't join in the very moment, the situation changed from a surprise "recruitment on sight" to instead everyone thinking that this character will join at some point down the line, which totally takes away the surprise. That's why it can be expected to subvert her recruitment with something else. Taking Carrot for example, if she were to join, although it would be fitting and make sense, it would still be surprising to the general reader, since it's not an idea Oda has completely transparently introduced in the manner that he did with Yamato.
You are pushing for a narrative and plot point which is at best minor while pushing aside the main conflict of the entire arc, yep nope, to claim anybody but Momo can and will be Shogun is utter nonsense, sorry.

You can´t call it weak when said character states herself she wants to be Oden, then wants to follow Luffy, the Roger parallel, to achieve a certain goal. None of the scabbards fit this, neither does Momo. She, basically from the opposite side, was completely overwhelmed with inspiration by Oden´s actions, while for the scabbards, it was more their emotional connection from knowing him. She literally talks about carrying his will the moment she could talk to Luffy alone. How far Oda will push this remains to be seen, but it´s definitely not weak, especially considering it is the main attribute of her character so far, and she has been heavily featured since chapter 983.
It´s not nakama worthy yet obviously but it is the central conflict of her character.
I know you would argue that for Carrot, but let´s leave it at that.

This is also utter nonsense. To like to surprise the audience with some things does not negate being predictable with others, you can pretty much compare the instances in which Oda was predictable to him surprising the audience, and it becomes obvious.
Franky was obvious the moment he got his flashback before Enies Lobby, and that´s completely disregarding the fact that only 10 or so chapters before he was introduced Luffy literally drew him as what he imagines a shipwright to look like, Chopper became obvious the moment anybody laid eyes on him, Brook the same. The only "twist" was Robin´s which purposely was shaped as a twist. To push the "grandline is more surprising" does not work remotely, sorry.
Jinbe was obvious except for people who did not want him to join and made up stupid and even more stupid claims. Most people knew he would ultimately join, we were discussing the reasons of why Oda postponed it (too strong, as a connection to BM Pirates, seeing his personal dream, how he got the scar and so forth) but it was obvious even before Luffy asked him, the connection to his characters was way too big due to the events of Impel Down and especially Marineford. So to claim it was not obvious, once again, is nonsense.

Yeah no, you are making things up here. The surprise was that the son/daughter of the enemy would immediately ask to join him is the essential thing. Brook was obvious, but by your definition, since he declined, it was not a done deal either.
Being too obvious or not obvious enough are not arguments for One Piece, never were, never will be.
For now we have someone who by her own words wants to join Luffy to fulfill something and shape a certain parallel, that´s it, nothing more, nothing less. How Luffy will ultimately react to this, how Oda will shape their relationship and so forth, all is up in the air, but definitive statements like Morj´s and yours lack credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.