ONE PIECE CHAPTER 992: REMNANTS

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean i'm rarely wrong powerwise and from the beginning i said that oden was stronger than any and all admirals and so is kaido. admiral would be near dead from Such attack. oh and i keep on saying that current sabo is admiral tier and that thé strongest SB are close to yc1 tier and not mère yc3
Sabo is admiral tier ? lol
if admiral is 100%
Sabo is 30%

Fuji beat him and another commander how can Sabo be admiral tiee

"OdA caN´T DrAw FiGHHTs mEh"...
Never want to hear that again, I though people already stand up after the Katakuri vs Luffy fight, look right now how he draw Scabbard vs Kaido and showing really cool fights, Oda has still the talent to draw really good fights, better then other mangakas from Shonen jump. If Oda want to draw fight, he actually can make great fights and his choreopraphy for fights is still amazing, if Oda do sometimes more such panels without offscreen, I think everyone would be happy xD.
The chereopraphy art for this fight was really amazing, Oda do great job in this one.
I agree with your post! :cheers:

And, frankly speaking, that statement I bolded is by far the dumbest among countless One Piece-related statements that I have seen in my life.

Luffy vs Don Krieg
Luffy vs Arlong
Zoro vs 100 Bounty Hunters
Chopper vs Chess-Marimo
Luffy vs Crocodile (all 3 rounds)
Usopp & Chopper vs Mr. 4, Miss Merry Christmas, and Lassoo
Sanji vs Mr. 2
Nami vs Miss Double Finger
Zoro vs Mr. 1
Zoro vs Braham
Luffy vs Wiper
Ordeal of Iron Battle Royal
Luffy vs Enel
Davy Back Fight (all 3 rounds)
Sanji vs Wanze
Franky vs Nero
Luffy vs Blueno
Straw Hat Pirates vs CP9 (all fights)
Zoro vs Ryuma
Straw Hat Pirates vs Gecko Moria & Oz
Marineford War
Law vs Smoker
Luffy vs Don Chinjao
Luffy & Law vs Doflamingo
Luffy vs Katakuri
Zoro vs Hawkins

The conclusion of many people: Yeah, Oda doesn't know how to draw fights.

Me:

right
cause she knows luffy took katakuri and cracker down
yet refers to him as part of kids.
That makes it one of two options:
- Either Oda doesn't think while he's writing the dialog, lol, just wanna make BM cocky at the expense of logical thinking based on Luffy defeating her right hand

- Or basically Oda set Marco apart from Katakuri level where Big Mom considers Marco of higher caliber than Katakuri

And, frankly speaking, that statement I bolded is by far the dumbest among countless One Piece-related statements that I have seen in my life.

Luffy vs Don Krieg
Luffy vs Arlong
Chopper vs Chess-Marimo
Sanji vs Mr. 2
Zoro vs Mr. 1
Zoro vs Braham
Luffy vs Wiper
Luffy vs Enel
Sanji vs Wanze
Franky vs Nero
Luffy vs Blueno
Zoro vs Ryuma
Marineford War
Law vs Smoker
Luffy vs Don Chinjao
Luffy vs Katakuri
Zoro vs Hawkins

Me:

Oda is not very good at drawing fights compared to other mangakas.

That's not shitting on him, that's just the reality.

He has other strengths.

Even from the fights you mentioned, only three or four were actually done really well from an artistic standpoint (artwork, paneling, pacing etc.).

Luffy vs Don Krieg
Luffy vs Arlong
Chopper vs Chess-Marimo
Sanji vs Mr. 2
Zoro vs Mr. 1
Zoro vs Braham
Luffy vs Wiper
Luffy vs Enel
Sanji vs Wanze
Franky vs Nero
Luffy vs Blueno
Zoro vs Ryuma
Marineford War
Law vs Smoker
Luffy vs Don Chinjao
Luffy vs Katakuri
Zoro vs Hawkins

Me:

Oda can draw fights

I think his main weakness is that he loves One Dimensional Fights(Brawlers and Swordmen) way too much, but he makes up for it with his usage of Fight Psychology.

I feel that these days with so many short fights he hasn't allowed Psychology to shine us much in fights anymore which is why they don't feel as memorable as Pre Timeskip fights.

Kaido's fighting like a Pokémon that ran out of PP on all his other moves lmfaooo 😭 All my man knows how to do is Boro Breath 😂

This is definitely the peak of the Scabbards' fight against Kaido and they've done extremely well, big respect. Now Kaido's gonna transform and mop but nonetheless this was hype as shit, even if Oda made Kaido fight like an idiot lmao.

Marco looking like a boss btw :steef:
Actually, Pokemon has me fucked up with Kaido because I keep thinking in dragon type terms, what with him looking like Rayquaza and having that atk and sp atk split. When the spoilers mentioned Kiku's snow move I thought it would hurt him most. I was surprised Boro breath wasn't half effective, but I guess the mirror coat was just good like that.

So far before going to Complete Forme he has dragon claw, thunder shock, super fang, and fire blast... based on his modest attack power or kinda bad accuracy

Oda is not very good at drawing fights compared to other mangakas.

That's not shitting on him, that's just the reality.

He has other strengths.

Even from the fights you mentioned, only three or four were actually done really well from an artistic standpoint (artwork, paneling, pacing etc.).
:smart:
Mentioning technical components of storytelling doesn't make for an elaborate criticism by itself. What is there besides a subjective opinion?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.