ONE PIECE CHAPTER 992: REMNANTS

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I see Marco, the more I’m convinced that he’s going to be the last member of the crew. This chapter is another small confirmation for me.

“Everyone who is left is free.”

That tells me a lot about Marco. Besides just being Ace’s brother, and besides Whitebeard’s last order to him being to not let Luffy die, and besides the symbolism of someone from Whitebeard’s crew overseeing the transition of the old era to the new, as Whitebeard predicted with his dying breath, and besides Marco being the most prominent person outside of the main players and Jinbe at Marineford in relation to Luffy and his speech that should the fail in protecting Luffy, it would be their (the WB pirates) greatest shame, Marco is primarily there simply because he wants to be. Which says a lot about how he feels about Luffy.

Marco showing up in Wano was huge in the sense that we’re going to be seeing him for a *long* time now. The duration of Wano through the fight against Teach. We’re going to see a lot of development between him and Luffy, and him and the crew. Already, the relationship between the two is built upon the same basis that Jinbe’s relationship with Luffy was, and look how that turned out. Jinbe has now joined the crew and is, in my opinion, closer to Luffy than anyone on the crew besides Zoro and then Nami. Really do think that him being there because he wants to be is the best reason for him to be, and the biggest reason for him joining the crew down the road (and that’s without mentioning how that line is straight out of Luffy’s ideology).

The rest of the chapter was great too, with the scabbards putting up a tremendous (the Oden tribute was great), but futile, fight against Kaido. It won’t last much longer until Luffy gets there and then Kaido is screwed. Luffy, Law, Kid, Marco, Drake, and probably Hawkins will absolutely be beating him.

But the Marco bit was the best portion of it to me. Can’t wait to see more of him.
so you’ll include drake and hawkins in the kaido fight instead of zoro the one with enma and superiority over the scabbards who is also a worst generation member. Wow Lmfaoo zoro haters always surprise me

Oh really? Wow...I did think calling Marco a doctor when he appeared healing those villagers as superficial too. We've not seen him do anything "doctor related" before that and he wasn't said to be one before that either? I didn't know that about Thatch, interesting.

The Usopp point is a great comparison, that makes sense. And hence why they needed Franky ultimately ofc. So if Marco were to join then, he would have another role? Although I don't think there any roles needed specifically now and he can just join anyway?
Maybe as a Lookout?

I would like him to join, I hope you're right about it. It would make sense on why Oda brought him to Wano too then and his connections to Blackbeard that will come into play later on naturally. There's also Weevil who has to come into play somehow, who's bound to encounter Luffy sooner or later and thus Marco will be involved then surely.
I think the role thing is a bit to overused. Robin is an archeologist, that’s not a role on a ship. Maybe he’ll have a hobby that will turn into a role, like the crew’s photographer or something lol.

With Wano, Weevil, and then Blackbeard, as you mentioned, Marco is going to relevant with the crew for a long time, which only increases his chances.
I personally think a WB remnants also needs to be present to witness Blackbeards demise with his own eyes and who would be better fitting than Marco, right?

However i can't see him be more as an ally
I think Marco will join after helping them fight Teach. Luffy vs Blackbeard, the other nine vs nine of the titanic captain, and then Marco vs the last one, whoever that may be. So he’s not only going to witness it in my opinion, but be an integral part of it.
so you’ll include drake and hawkins in the kaido fight instead of zoro the one with enma and superiority over the scabbards who is also a worst generation member. Wow Lmfaoo zoro haters always surprise me
Yes, I will, because Hawkins has more relevance to Kaido, Drake is a marine, both are captains, and Zoro is far too weak. Zoro has zero relevance to Kaido. Enma’s significance was negated the moment that it was revealed that Enma was not the only sword to cut Kaido, because Oden used two swords. It was not Enma that cut Kaido, it was Oden. Zoro holding Enma does not mean that he is as strong as Oden. He also has no “superiority” over the scabbards, whatever the blue hell that means. Beyond that, It is idiotic to suggest that Zoro will go from fighting Pica and then drawing Killer to fighting Kaido.

For future reference, Zoro is my second favorite character. I’m just not looney tunes like the Zoro fanboys that infest this site, and apparently because I choose to be more even about Zoro, it makes me a hater. Don’t quote me with this nonsense again.

You on the #YamatoIsNakama train with us, Gargsy?? We also stan Black Maria and the Scabbards, so climb aboard if you haven’t already!! :funky:
Gorgeous Yamato and Black Maria ?

Liking those Stars shining right trough my eyes !

I take your train right away, waiting at #moreGorgeousGirlsForNakama, then flying up Enel Moon's to "BonKureiHaveToReturn Station.

This train a Rocket, we will fly high, I tell ya'

:moonwalk:

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Beatiful color spread. Sharing music, food and laughs with friends. Much needed during these times. And a refreshing departure from heavier ongoing story events.

Marco is cool af. His words about the "Remanants" being free to follow the words of their fallen leader set a nice canvas for the Scabbards using Oden's Ryou vs Kaido.

Action spreads were pure eye candy. I admit I underestimated the Scabbards because their fighting abilities weren't fleshed out. I thought if it was just basic brawling, Kaido would have an easy time. But their unique techniques + Oden Nitoryu + Ryou is a lethal combination.

Normally not a fan of subversion, as I like to get a pay off for established set up. I was expecting what we're seeing now to be Supernovas vs Kaido while the Scabbards fought Jack/Calamities. But I can't deny I'm loving the emotional investment they're showing fighting for Oden's dream. The little flashback panels of Oden quarreling with them about training are wholesome. A little disappointed in Kiku and Izo not getting cooler individual techniques tho.

Raizo is my favorite part of this chapter. Seeing one of the least emphasized characters have such an awesome ability is the kind of unpredictable combat I prefer to a linear “X is stronger than Y”. Similar to how things worked with Apoo's ability overwhelming “stronger” characters.
Since Zoro was the first character to have Ryou foreshadowed back in Alabasta, and we know he was taught by Koshiro who's a confirmed Shimotsuki, I'd love to see him use Ryou extensively like the other Wano Samurai. Not to ZKKC levels tho lol. I believe Kaido will clean house soon, maybe the tragedy that normally occurs in Act 3 of Kabuki plays is Scabbard deaths....we'll see.

I remember in the SBS or Vivre Card they mentioned how each scabbard signified one of the ingredients that make Oden. So you could say together they're a metaphor for Oden's will/Ryou. If I recall, we never saw any of Kaido's suicidal and alcoholic tendencies before Oden's death. Every time he drinks he laments his inability to live up to Oden’s legendary death. So he yearns for a grand death (Jumping off Sky Island, dying in the greatest war ever, etc..). “For I am a story to accompany your drinks”. Can't wait for Kaido's flashback.

Big Mom is my favorite female character (when I'm thinking with my upper half) and she continues to be the ultimate wildcard. A scheme to backstab Kaido is most certainly underway. It's ironic that she asks her children to trust her when she's never done anything to earn it. Can't wait to see how this plot line resolves. I'm not ruling out Katakuri and Cracker coming to Wano just yet :kata:

Black Maria looks gorgeous in this chapter. She was worried for Momo and isn't taking action against the samurai at all, she's got an ulterior motive. I'm pretty certain the song is foreshadowing Momo running into Hyori soon. I guess she was that silhouette that was following Jinbei and Robin.

Thanks for the new avy.

I think the role thing is a bit to overused. Robin is an archeologist, that’s not a role on a ship. Maybe he’ll have a hobby that will turn into a role, like the crew’s photographer or something lol.

With Wano, Weevil, and then Blackbeard, as you mentioned, Marco is going to relevant with the crew for a long time, which only increases his chances.
I think Marco will join after helping them fight Teach. Luffy vs Blackbeard, the other nine vs nine of the titanic captain, and then Marco vs the last one, whoever that may be. So he’s not only going to witness it in my opinion, but be an integral part of it.

Yes, I will, because Hawkins has more relevance to Kaido, Drake is a marine, both are captains, and Zoro is far too weak. Zoro has zero relevance to Kaido. Enma’s significance was negated the moment that it was revealed that Enma was not the only sword to cut Kaido, because Oden used two swords. It was not Enma that cut Kaido, it was Oden. Zoro holding Enma does not mean that he is as strong as Oden. He also has no “superiority” over the scabbards, whatever the blue hell that means. Beyond that, It is idiotic to suggest that Zoro will go from fighting Pica and then drawing Killer to fighting Kaido.

For future reference, Zoro is my second favorite character. I’m just not looney tunes like the Zoro fanboys that infest this site, and apparently because I choose to be more even about Zoro, it makes me a hater. Don’t quote me with this nonsense again.
Hawkins and drake are weaker then zoro. So is all the scabbards that’s why none of them had the strength needed to tame enma. Zoro having enough ryou to tame the sword that only oden was Abe to tame does mean That zoro is on the same level as oden why else would oda make that there parallel? Zoro has stated many times that he wants to fight kaido was portrayed just like the other worst generation members in oni Gishma. Keep crying zoro is going to cut kaido

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
"OdA caN´T DrAw FiGHHTs mEh"...
Never want to hear that again, I though people already stand up after the Katakuri vs Luffy fight, look right now how he draw Scabbard vs Kaido and showing really cool fights, Oda has still the talent to draw really good fights, better then other mangakas from Shonen jump. If Oda want to draw fight, he actually can make great fights and his choreopraphy for fights is still amazing, if Oda do sometimes more such panels without offscreen, I think everyone would be happy xD.
The chereopraphy art for this fight was really amazing, Oda do great job in this one.
I don't dabble in combat related threads, so I can honestly say I never see people actually say Oda CAN'T draw fights. He's a top manga artist in all aspects, he simply chooses to draw an adventure manga over a battle manga.

Screenshots from an old thread I made

Status
Not open for further replies.