Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrot and Yamato are tied. This only mean that this will be a long arc until we see either of them join.

Recently, there’s been some talk about whether Marco would make a fine Strawhat or not.

Problem is, I don’t see him abandoning any if the Whitebeard remnants. Plus who will be the captain of Marco steps down? Jozu? Vista?

The possibility sounds great as Marco does see so much potential in Luffy, but I doubt he will ever leave the other Whitebeard Pirates.

Carrot and Yamato are tied. This only mean that this will be a long arc until we see either of them join.

Recently, there’s been some talk about whether Marco would make a fine Strawhat or not.

Problem is, I don’t see him abandoning any if the Whitebeard remnants. Plus who will be the captain of Marco steps down? Jozu? Vista?

The possibility sounds great as Marco does see so much potential in Luffy, but I doubt he will ever leave the other Whitebeard Pirates.
I doubt Marco is gonna join. What would even be his role? I think his Devil Fruit gives him the ability to heal people, so doctor would make the most sense. However we already have a doctor and having 2 would be redundant. I can only imagine him remaining an ally akin to Law.

how are they tied.
The poll.

I don’t meant that in a literal since because everyone’s just voting for who’s likely than their own asset.

I doubt Marco is gonna join. What would even be his role? I think his Devil Fruit gives him the ability to heal people, so doctor would make the most sense. However we already have a doctor and having 2 would be redundant. I can only imagine him remaining an ally akin to Law.
That’s the route I would like him to be the most. Just an ally. He’s the best leader option the scattered Whitebeard Pirates really have at this point. No way he would ditch them all just for Luffy.

Perhaps they can be part of the fleet with Whitebeard gone?

Do any of ya’ll think that the Klaubaterman’s gonna make a reappearance? At least as an incarnation of the Thousand Sunny?
That’s a good question actually.

I’ve been thinking this for quite some time since Franky implied that all ships have a soul (Klaubaterman). Maybe he will reappear when the Sunny barely survives escaping Wano or an island near Laugh Tale’s location.

I’ve been thinking this for quite some time since Franky implied that all ships have a soul (Klaubaterman). Maybe he will reappear when the Sunny barely survives escaping Wano or an island near Laugh Tale’s location.
This might seem like a long tangent but please hear me out.

What do all the people who joined Luffy’s crew (other than Luffy himself) during the East Blue have in common? They’re all physically ordinary humans with no body alterations.

What to the people who joined during Paradise have in common? They’re all modified humans.

And so far, all the only person who’s joined in the New World is a Non human.

If we go by the 4 person per sea theory, there are still 3 more people who need to join. I believe because of pattern I mentioned before, the next 3 SHs will also be non humans like Jinbe. This is why I’m starting to doubt people like Vivi, Kine’mon or Smoker will ever join the SHs in the New World.

The reason I brought up the Klaubaterman is because he/she wasn’t a human at all but a spirit/fairy. I think this incarnation may take up an official spot in the crew and will be the third person to join in the New World after we get either Yamato or Carrot in Wano. Though I’m personally leading towards Yamato since she’s not only a female but she was also accosiated with an evil organization (Like Nami with the Arlong Pirates and Robin with Baroque Works).

Why do I think this Klaubaterman will be the third one to join in the New World? Well if we look at patterns, Usopp was the third person to join in the East Blue and Franky was the third person to join in Paradise. What do they both have in common? They’re handy and both took care of the ship. I think a Klaubaterman joining (a literal non-human ship fairy) would fit in many of the patterns I previously mentioned quite nicely.

What do all the people who joined Luffy’s crew (other than Luffy himself) during the East Blue have in common? They’re all physically ordinary humans with no body alterations.

What to the people who joined during Paradise have in common? They’re all modified humans.

If we go by the 4 person per sea theory, there are still 3 more people who need to join. I believe because of pattern I mentioned before, the next 3 SHs will also be non humans like Jinbe. This is why I’m starting to doubt people like Vivi, Kine’mon or Smoker will ever join the SHs in the New World.

The reason I brought up the Klaubaterman is because he/she wasn’t a human at all but a spirit/fairy. I think this incarnation may take up an official spot in the crew and will be the third person to join in the New World after we get either Yamato or Carrot in Wano. Though I’m personally leading towards Yamato since she’s not only a female but she was also accosiated with an evil organization (Like Nami with the Arlong Pirates and Robin with Baroque Works).

Why do I think this Klaubaterman will be the third one to join in the New World? Well if we look at patterns, Usopp was the third person to join in the East Blue and Franky was the third person to join in Paradise. What do they both have in common? They’re handy and both took care of the ship. I think a Klaubaterman joining (a literal non-human ship fairy) would fit in many of the patterns I previously mentioned quite nicely.
Perhaps if that's the case, Oro Jackson's or Noah's Klabautermann physical incarnate will join? That reminds me of the sea kings' discussion about Noah when it was damaged by Luffy that someone or a certain group of people can be able to repair it...

Of course we can write off Going Merry and Thousand Sunny Klabautermann because Sunny is still an actively sailing ship and it is also the reincarnation of Merry's...

Perhaps if that's the case, Oro Jackson's or Noah's Klabautermann physical incarnate will join? That reminds me of the sea kings' discussion about Noah when it was damaged by Luffy that someone or a certain group of people can be able to repair it...

Of course we can write off Going Merry and Thousand Sunny Klabautermann because Sunny is still an actively sailing ship and it is also the reincarnation of Merry's...
Those are some pretty solid observations. Though I have strong doubts that the Klaubaterman of the Noah or any other ship is going to board the Sunny and join the SHs.

I don’t know if this is considered canon but near the end of the One Piece special “Episode of Merry” there is actually a scene where the Klaubaterman of Merry/Sunny appears sitting on the mast of the Thousand Sunny watching Ussop and Brook talking about the Going Merry. Maybe this could be foreshadowing that this isn’t the last we see of him/her.

Here a link to a picture of the scene I’m talking about.
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Klabautermann?file=Klabautermann_Episode_of_Merry.png

Last edited:

Honestly I don’t know this is fantasy world anything could happened. The merry end up saving the crew in enis lobby.

Those are some pretty solid observations. Though I have strong doubts that the Klaubaterman of the Noah or any other ship is going to board the Sunny and join the SHs.

I don’t know if this is considered canon but near the end of the One Piece special “Episode of Merry” there is actually a scene where the Klaubaterman of Merry/Sunny appears sitting on the mast of the Thousand Sunny watching Ussop and Brook talking about the Going Merry. Maybe this could be foreshadowing that this isn’t the last we see of him/her.

Here a link to a picture of the scene I’m talking about.
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Klabautermann?file=Klabautermann_Episode_of_Merry.png
That's not canon... But I think Sunny's Klabautermann will appear in physical from in front of the entire crew... But not as a recruit or whatnot since they already treat the ship as if it's a crewmate (why would someone already in the crew apply to join)...

I don’t think you actually need one because the whole point of water 7. Epecially the original goal was get shipwright. Repair of the Merry since it was damage. Beyond repairs there is nothing they can do about it. So Franky end up making new ship for them. That was his dream ship. Water seven had Best shipwrights you can imagine. It Also Take away from Franky dream making ship travel the whole world that he made himself. No thanks man I think we’re good best shipwright we have on the crew.

Last edited:
Fvck, cant believe i read the last six or seven pages of this thread and it s all about a yamato hater and a yamato supporter. Lol

People must learn to agree to disagree.

Anyway, anyone is entitled to his or her opinion, if wano is trash to someone then be it, like it will affect how oda actually writes it. Same goes to which character one wants to join after all, all of these were every individuals wishful thinking until it finally happens.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Fvck, cant believe i read the last six or seven pages of this thread and it s all about a yamato hater and a yamato supporter. Lol

Anyway, anyone is entitled to his or her opinion, if wano is trash to someone then be it, like it will affect how oda actually writes it. Same goes to which character one wants to join after all, all of these were every individuals wishful thinking until it finally happens.
I shouldn't shit on Yamato ( i mean this hard ) but I disagree with someone so i went in.

Yamato is far from joining the crew anyway so I'm good.

Exactly. Oda’s never gonna read these posts anyway. It’s not like anyone here can actually convince him to change the way he wants writes his story.

We’re just here to speculate for fun on how the story’s gonna go given all the possible hints Oda may or may not have given.

Some people may disagree with your interpretation of the evidence. And if you can’t convince them to your side just agree to disagree and move on.

As soon as personal attacks start being thrown, the whole conversation stops being fun.
Post automatically merged:

(why would someone already in the crew apply to join)...
Well nobody on the ship is even aware the Sunny is alive like the Merry was. Kinda hard to be considered a recruit if nobody really knows you’re alive and there.

I also don’t recall any instance in the story where the Sunny was called a nakama in the same way the Merry was so far. (Could be wrong)

Also remember that even though the Merry was considered to be Nakama by Luffy, the Merry was still thought by most to be an inanimate object. It wasn’t really considered to be in the same category as the rest of the crew (except Usopp) until near the end of Enies Lobby.

Also on official nakama lists, the Merry/Sunny is almost never included. I was thinking if the ship gained a physical manifestation that everyone on the crew was aware of, it would then be counted as a full fledged crew mate.

That being said, I’m not personally the biggest fan of the Ship being considered a full fledged crew mate. But ships being alive is still a thing in the story Oda introduced. So I felt this theory at least had to be discussed and considered as something Oda could do.
Post automatically merged:

It just felt like the last few pages was kinda this vitriolic debate rather than an actual discussion.
It wasn’t even a debate, it was just name calling.

Last edited:
We’re just here to speculate for fun on how the story’s gonna go given all the possible hints Oda may or may not have given.
That s the purpose of forums like this, it s always fun to speculate and create our own meaning to the stories.

When one tries to force to the other, or the other jusr hating on one's idea, it starts to get messy

Its funny how he does seem to be going the way people want for both Carrot and Yamato (encountering Perospero and Yamato's unique colors respectively). Still not sure if both are supposed to officially join with Jinbe but I feel like if Oda is going to make up for the last 10 years of not having new crew members, this is the perfect time to do so. Then just factor in the possibility of Vivi just joining towards the EoS as an ally.

For sure, I still think 11 is the number Oda is going for (aligning with Blackbeard's main crew at least), but I can't help but see 12 or 13 being the final roster count. I guess we'll find out soon enough. Yamato is warranted a flashback already just from hints to their past but it'll be interesting if Carrot gets something with Pedro too. Here I am still waiting for Jinbe to get something himself lol. He wasn't the focus of the Fisher Tiger flashback so I don't even count that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.