Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what ever Carrot does is automatically more important.... if that's not the most biased statement I've heard I don't know what is.
You say Yamato has dream which could last after this arc which is going to sea but ignore carrots dream which Pedro, her mentor, told her in his final moments and the fact that carrot also has a similar ambition of wanting to explore the ocean. You shouldn’t be talking about being biased
Post automatically merged:

Not to mention that you Yamato the benefit of the doubt on developing a dream after the end of onigashima but don’t give such leniency to Carrot on her dream despite the fact that Pedro her mentor figure told her about the dawn in his final moments

You say Yamato has dream which could last after this arc which is going to sea but ignore carrots dream which Pedro, her mentor, told her in his final moments and the fact that carrot also has a similar ambition of wanting to explore the ocean. You shouldn’t be talking about being biased
I never ignored it... I've called in question the actual importance it is to her, she certainly doesn't seem to care so much for it but just Pedro's death.
She wanted an Adventure, not wanting to live the life of adventure... theres a difference.

Yamato never said she wanted to be on Ace's ship to see the world. She had never explained why she wanted to go out to sea with Ace.
I don't think she wanted to be on Ace's ship to join his crew or see the world because she told Luffy that he should give her a ride on his ship, not that he should let her ride on his ship. A ride on a ship means neither joining a crew nor seeing the world. After all, Jimbei said to the sun pirates that he wants to ride on Luffy's ship, he doesn't want a ride on his ship.

Last edited:
Yamato never said she wanted to be on Ace's ship to see the world. She had never explained why she wanted to go out to sea with Ace.
I don't think she wanted to be on Ace's ship to join his crew or see the world because she told Luffy that he should give her a ride on his ship, not that he should let her ride on his ship. A ride on a ship means neither joining a crew nor seeing the world. After all, Jimbei said to the sun pirates that he wants to ride on Luffy's ship, not to have a ride on his ship.
Chapter 985 page 9
Yamato:“I wanted to go to sea with Ace and his Friends so badly...But I have been imprisoned on this island since the age of eight 8”.
Luffy: “those prison shackles.”
Yamato: “That’s right!!! They will explode If Leave this Island “. To be honest it, could all be lie... I mean, what father would blow his own child?!!”
Page 10
Yamato:“But imagining the possibility that it’s true keeps me trapped with fear... I know what father is like!!”
Luffy:” Listen!! Do you really want to fight on our side ?! “It’ll mean seeing whoop Kaido right before your eyes”
Yamato: “I wish that I could do the same!! “Do you have any idea how many times he’s beaten me since childhood?! “Every time I challenged him he ensured I paid the price!
Luffy: “fine I’ll take those off”!!
Yamato “You don’t understand, these have kept me trapped here for 20 years without...”

The situation with Yamato is very similar sanji in whole cake island to extend period time. At same time Kaido was actually honest truthful towards his child. While Sanji had secret sibling that care about him in the situation. In other words Sanji we’re fake explosive cuffs. While Yamato were actually legit.

Chapter 985 page 9
Yamato:“I wanted to go to sea with Ace and his Friends so badly...But I have been imprisoned on this island since the age of eight 8”.
Luffy: “those prison shackles.”
Yamato: “That’s right!!! They will explode If Leave this Island “. To be honest it, could all be lie... I mean, what father would blow his own child?!!”
Page 10
Yamato:“But imagining the possibility that it’s true keeps me trapped with fear... I know what father is like!!”
Luffy:” Listen!! Do you really want to fight on our side ?! “It’ll mean seeing whoop Kaido right before your eyes”
Yamato: “I wish that I could do the same!! “Do you have any idea how many times he’s beaten me since childhood?! “Every time I challenged him he ensured I paid the price!
Luffy: “fine I’ll take those off”!!
Yamato “You don’t understand, these have kept me trapped here for 20 years without...”

The situation with Yamato is very similar sanji in whole cake island to extend period time. At same time Kaido was actually honest truthful towards his child. While Sanji had secret sibling that care about him in the situation. In other words Sanji we’re fake explosive cuffs. While Yamato were actually legit.
And Oda turned it into a gag scene, was hardly in focus and was over quickly.

Hold up buster. Could you elaborate this about Yamato please. I am for her as well. Why do you think she is straw hat material than someone like carrot?
That list are just how I felt about those which were suspected to be the next crew member since I started reading the manga in its latest chapters more than a decade ago, not actually how I think...

There is just that certain feels I always felt distinct/common with all the members which happens to be present to Franky, Brook, Jinbe and even Yamato... Some may not have that feels right away but hints were present before the feels (Luffy's ideal shipwright drawing looks like Franky, praises for Jinbe's steering skills)...

That feels, I never felt with Carrot, even after nearing 200 chapters... She simply doesn't have the "heart and soul" of a Straw Hat, I can't see that from her... I think the closest I can feel for Carrot is similar to Brownbeard or Leo...

And Oda turned it into a gag scene, was hardly in focus and was over quickly.
How did it turn into a “Gag scene?”
Luffy has been learning on how to use Ryou since the udon prison. After he was free he has been “learning to master this ability”. When luffy free Yamato is kind clear is not difficult for him anymore so he has progress since back than.

I kind of see it as a heartbreaking/betrayal moment. The realization your father actually wanted to kill her. Right now she distancing herself from father call him by his real name. When child usually calls parent by there first name that kinds says something. She is upset what he is done to her. Helga in hey Arnold usually calls her parents by the first name. The reason is they don’t have strong bond with each other. Same thing could be said, with Yamato as well with her own father.

Last edited:
Yamato should either join law or luffy by being momos retainer
I don’t think Yamato should join Law since she doesn’t own him anything in the first place. If kid and Law wanted to get someone powerful join them. There plenty members yonko children that up for grabs especially if going against big mom Territory. I am not saying Law or Kid are going marrying someone into family. I do believe they might find some member of Who has commonalities and goals like they do. Heck marco even stated the remaining whitebeard pirates are not bound by the will there captain. Plus since warlord system has been abolish there some warlords among them they can easily join the crew.

Last edited:
Yamato should either join law or luffy by being momos retainer
Why :kayneshrug:. Only reason she is saving momo is because of Oden and her belief towards not because he sees him as a ruler like other retainers or rather any retainer. There is nothing binding her to be made a retainer like others nor she even cares about retainer shit. And Law? He is irrelevant. His "Plan" to take down Kaido was nothing except taking down DD. There is no grand plan to take down Kaido at all. His plot is done. Only thing we might see is probably something with his DF maybe and something with the Kaido fight which again is not a grand strategy he had from long back. I would rather she disapppears from series than become a retainer for no reason neglecting her other aspects and moreover she also calls him momonosuke kun, not something a retainer or someone who sees other as ones superior calls him.

I don’t think Yamato should join Law since she doesn’t own him anything in the first place. If kid and Law wanted to get someone powerful join them There plenty members yonko children that up for grabs especially if going against big mom Territory. I am not saying Law or Kid marrying into family. I do believe they might find some member of big family Who have commonalities and goals like they do. Heck marco even stated the remaining whitebeard pirates are not bound by the will there captain. Plus since warlord system has been abolish there some warlords among them they can easily join the crew.
Thatd be cool as hell ngl and really hope its the case

I only say yamato should join law only if he doesn't join luffy
Post automatically merged:

Why :kayneshrug:. Only reason she is saving momo is because of Oden and her belief towards not because he sees him as a ruler like other retainers or rather any retainer. There is nothing binding her to be made a retainer like others nor she even cares about retainer shit. And Law? He is irrelevant. His "Plan" to take down Kaido was nothing except taking down DD. There is no grand plan to take down Kaido at all. His plot is done. Only thing we might see is probably something with his DF maybe and something with the Kaido fight which again is not a grand strategy he had from long back. I would rather she disapppears from series than become a retainer for no reason neglecting her other aspects and moreover she also calls him momonosuke kun, not something a retainer or someone who sees other as ones superior calls him.
Yamato doesn't have to be a retainer i just want momo to join too

If he doesn't end up with luffy id prefer law after him. I doubt hes gonna stay in onigashima or even wano

I kind of see it as a heartbreaking/betrayal moment. The realization your father actually wanted to kill her. Right now she distancing herself from father call him by his real name. When child usually calls parent by there first name that kinds says something. She is upset what he is done to her. Helga in hey Arnold usually calls her parents by the first name. The reason is they don’t have strong bond with each other. Same thing could be said, with Yamato as well with her own father.
It was done with gag tears though. Also, the conflict was introduced in one chapter and resolved immediately the next. So no, she has no further character conflict that would have supposedly made her leave the island in the span of 2 chapters. That's kinda what I mean by how rushed I feel about Yamato. She is definitely a strong presence, that much I can say. But I still can't buy it when we were 70+ chapters deep into this arc before knowing this character existed and we already reached the climax.

That's why I can't buy Yamato. If she had been introduced earlier like the Wano retainers, characters who back on Oro Jackson people used to show their nakama potential over Carrot, then maybe I would have given her a shot. Maybe. But we're way too deep into this arc and I just don't buy it. I said it before and I'll say it again, I think Yamato's existence will finally address the close-mindedness of the people of Wano since Chapter 965 showed that's how basically Orochi's reign started, the persecution of his family based off of his grandfather's attempt to kill the Kozuki line. Imagine being the daughter of the man who killed the much beloved Oden. That's gonna need to be resolved in some capacity. This is not making excuses, this is a conflict established since Oden's flashback and a reason why Kanjuro betrayed the Scabbards.

So far, Yamato just established a meaningful relationship with Momonosuke and Shinobu. Let's see where that leads. Whether she still wants to head out to sea like she wanted acting as "Oden" or wants to protect Momonosuke with her life on the line as "Yamato."

It was done with gag tears though. Also, the conflict was introduced in one chapter and resolved immediately the next. So no, she has no further character conflict that would have supposedly made her leave the island in the span of 2 chapters. That's kinda what I mean by how rushed I feel about Yamato. She is definitely a strong presence, that much I can say. But I still can't buy it when we were 70+ chapters deep into this arc before knowing this character existed and we already reached the climax.

That's why I can't buy Yamato. If she had been introduced earlier like the Wano retainers, characters who back on Oro Jackson people used to show their nakama potential over Carrot, then maybe I would have given her a shot. Maybe. But we're way too deep into this arc and I just don't buy it. I said it before and I'll say it again, I think Yamato's existence will finally address the close-mindedness of the people of Wano since Chapter 965 showed that's how basically Orochi's reign started, the persecution of his family based off of his grandfather's attempt to kill the Kozuki line. Imagine being the daughter of the man who killed the much beloved Oden. That's gonna need to be resolved in some capacity. This is not making excuses, this is a conflict established since Oden's flashback and a reason why Kanjuro betrayed the Scabbards.

So far, Yamato just established a meaningful relationship with Momonosuke and Shinobu. Let's see where that leads. Whether she still wants to head out to sea like she wanted acting as "Oden" or wants to protect Momonosuke with her life on the line as "Yamato."
Sigh....shaking my head. The situation with Yamato is very similar sanji in whole cake island to extend period time from her perspective. At same time Kaido was actually honest truthful towards his child. While Sanji had secret sibling that care about him in the situation. In other words Sanji we’re fake explosive cuffs. While Yamato were actually legit.
Luffy has been learning on how to use Ryou since the udon prison. After he was free he has been “learning to master this ability”. When luffy free Yamato is kind clear is not difficult for him anymore so he has progress since back than. It like luffy saying if your going help us you got protect momo. That person who we risking are lives For.
Introduction is not really a problem since Katkurai wouldn’t
Show up until later arc he was antagonist while Yamato end up being ally.
I told you this before and I’ll say it again it’s technically kind of oden’s fault. He let the country go crap when his own followers ask him take charge and responsibility. He left his country for his personal desires. He wanted go on adventure with roger pirates. When he found out the truth about his country thanks to poneglaphs. It use to be open to the world. He wanted accomplish that however, oden knew for fact he abandon his country a long time ago. So he couldn’t force way to be shogun. He does believe followers and children can carry on his will for him. What I don’t think he expected that child of his enemy would carrying on his will for him. There might possibility that Yamato might have her own goals that she personal desires. That is not directs towards her idol. Characters like Nami and robin had ulterior motive that don’t align with the antagonist or what other said about them. It might possible Yamato might be same position. So right now currently Yamato focusing on the main plot at hand. While carrot and Wanda are focusing subplot in the arc. If kinemon were to live this arc he might actually shogun instead momo.

Last edited:
Sigh....shaking my head. The situation with Yamato is very similar sanji in whole cake island to extend period time from her perspective. At same time Kaido was actually honest truthful towards his child. While Sanji had secret sibling that care about him in the situation. In other words Sanji we’re fake explosive cuffs. While Yamato were actually legit.
Luffy has been learning on how to use Ryou since the udon prison. After he was free he has been “learning to master this ability”. When luffy free Yamato is kind clear is not difficult for him anymore so he has progress since back than. It like luffy saying if your going help us you got protect momo. That person who we risking are lives For.
Introduction is not really a problem since Katkurai wouldn’t
Show up until later arc he was antagonist while Yamato end up being ally.
I told you this before and I’ll say it again it’s technically kind of oden’s fault. He let the country go crap when his own followers ask him take charge and responsibility. He left his country for his personal desires. He wanted go on adventure with roger pirates. When he found out the truth about his country thanks to poneglaphs. It use to be open to the world. He wanted accomplish that however, oden knew for fact he abandon his country a long time ago. So he couldn’t force way to be shogun. He does believe followers and children can carry on his will for him. What I don’t think he expected that child of his enemy would carrying on his will for him. There might possibility that Yamato might have her own goals that she personal desires. That is not directs towards her idol. Characters like Nami and robin had ulterior motive that don’t align with the antagonist or what other said about them. It might possible Yamato might be same position. So right now currently Yamato focusing on the main plot at hand. While carrot and Wanda are focusing subplot in the arc. If kinemon were to live this arc he might actually shogun instead momo.
I'm not talking about the circumstances, it seems you didn't read what I've said before. If she had been shown earlier in this arc and had that conflict introduced sooner, there would have been a lot more payoff to Luffy learning Ryou. It was literally solved in 2 chapters.

I keep telling you, until Wano's lineage persecution gets addressed, it will keep happening. It's not about being an outcast, it is about being blamed for what your family did and being harassed for it when you can be a complete innocent. It's what led Orochi to become a tyrant despising his own people, thinking everyone of them is a target of revenge. It's what led to Kanjuro ultimately being the traitor because he, like Orochi, was a Kurozumi and was persecuted alongside his family. It's not a coincidence that this is being shown. It's not just the fact that Oden went adventuring with Whitebeard and Roger and leaving his country in a bad state. Its the fact that the persecution of Orochi's family, most of which were innocent, were hunted down, attacked, and killed for just being a Kurozumi and being a shogun allowed him to extend his wrath.

So please read what I'm saying. You have a tendency to ignore what I posted and say things that don't have anything to do with what I said. My point is that Yamato's character is the best character to address the persecution issue the country of Wano has had, since it ultimately was the reason it led to its downfall and tyranny for over the past 20 years. She is actively trying help the Scabbards' cause and is protecting the future of their country, even though she is the daughter of their enemy. I know at some point this will be addressed. There were some crazy theories people had like Tama or Toko being a Kurozumi, or Tama being Orochi's offspring to potentially address the issue. But now, we have Yamato and she can resolve that issue the best.

You can believe that Yamato will go with the Straw Hats and complete Oden's will, even though that was to just open this country’s borders, or she has her own goals that she wants to do. Because one is handled internally, but the other can potentially be external. What I said is that she is a character introduced pretty late in the game and I don't buy it, not just because I support Carrot, but if she was a character that had that potential, she would have been shown way earlier in the arc, such as whenever the story panned over to Onigashima, not 70 chapters down. As I said, she's stating her intentions as Yamato and not Oden, so let's see where that actually leads.

I'm not talking about the circumstances, it seems you didn't read what I've said before. If she had been shown earlier in this arc and had that conflict introduced sooner, there would have been a lot more payoff to Luffy learning Ryou. It was literally solved in 2 chapters.

I keep telling you, until Wano's lineage persecution gets addressed, it will keep happening. It's not about being an outcast, it is about being blamed for what your family did and being harassed for it when you can be a complete innocent. It's what led Orochi to become a tyrant despising his own people, thinking everyone of them is a target of revenge. It's what led to Kanjuro ultimately being the traitor because he, like Orochi, was a Kurozumi and was persecuted alongside his family. It's not a coincidence that this is being shown. It's not just the fact that Oden went adventuring with Whitebeard and Roger and leaving his country in a bad state. Its the fact that the persecution of Orochi's family, most of which were innocent, were hunted down, attacked, and killed for just being a Kurozumi and being a shogun allowed him to extend his wrath.

So please read what I'm saying. You have a tendency to ignore what I posted and say things that don't have anything to do with what I said. My point is that Yamato's character is the best character to address the persecution issue the country of Wano has had, since it ultimately was the reason it led to its downfall and tyranny for over the past 20 years. She is actively trying help the Scabbards' cause and is protecting the future of their country, even though she is the daughter of their enemy. I know at some point this will be addressed. There were some crazy theories people had like Tama or Toko being a Kurozumi, or Tama being Orochi's offspring to potentially address the issue. But now, we have Yamato and she can resolve that issue the best.

You can believe that Yamato will go with the Straw Hats and complete Oden's will, even though that was to just open this country’s borders, or she has her own goals that she wants to do. Because one is handled internally, but the other can potentially be external. What I said is that she is a character introduced pretty late in the game and I don't buy it, not just because I support Carrot, but if she was a character that had that potential, she would have been shown way earlier in the arc, such as whenever the story panned over to Onigashima, not 70 chapters down. As I said, she's stating her intentions as Yamato and not Oden, so let's see where that actually leads.
I get what you’re saying. The past action between one family led to the hatred the towards individual characters wanting revenge and hatred towards kozkui. This why characters like orochi and kanjoura had conceal there Identities from kozuki clan. As result they took advantage on those around them wanting revenge. At same time they had conceal there hatred towards Ill will of kozkui family. This gave rise orochi and Kanjoura. Sukiyaki (oden’s father) felt sorry for what his family did to Orochi’s family. As result oden’s father made him the place holder to be shogun until oden would eventually return. He did take advantage oden’s own family as well the people of wano. You could say oden in some way felt sympathetic in some way he thought orochi and Kaido could have code Honor within themselves as there own characters. As result he try give them the benefit of the doubt. He was trying his best save the lives of many in the process by acting silly for 8 years. It was already to late for orochi to forgive oden’s family. So ended up betraying his trust. Yamato has bloodline criminal she was lock away from father organization for 20 years. Being moved by Oden sacrifice the way he is life. Brought her to tears that he did something very honorable that no one else would do in there position. This influence her take on oden last request after he died. She end up finding out the truth from luffy that vassel of oden are still alive she was completely stunned and shocked by the result. She wanted help them the best way she can. Yamato feels ashamed that she couldn’t do anything to help momo from previous circumstance from 20 years ago. Now she has power to back momo up. As said, before is going take some times for the wano citizen fully trust her as her own individual person at end result. Since she is virtually unknown and descendent of that person that ruin their country 20+ years. Once boarder of wano are open to the rest world people are going know who Yamato is as character. Would this cause her leave or stay wano? That hasn’t Yet been revealed just yet. As I said before she has shown interest of wanting to go out to sea. However, could this event could change her mind? Will have to wait and see. I kind compare and contrast Yamato late introduction similar to Katkurai. The only differences one is an ally while other one antagonist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.