Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I am happy we have someone with with different fighting style. That’s relative to a cyborg and pacifist on the team. Kaku would be more of clone zoro in terms fighting if you ask me.
Yeah I definitely agree about the overall fighting style, even though Zoro's swordsmanship is pretty unusual with his 3 swords style. I guess I just wanted something new and irregular, this was my point all along. :)

After thinking about it more, and I can’t believe I didn’t realize it before, but I think the main reason I’m currently not as inclined to see Carrot as a potential recruit is because of what happened at Zou. Usually, Luffy is the one to defeat some sort of boss character of an arc, which is what significantly helped lay the foundation of Luffy starting a friendship with each of his crew mates, whether it’s because of a deal gone wrong, a lack of confidence, or the boss character getting in the way of the potential recruit by causing complications for them in general.

I think if Luffy had been the one to kick Jack’s ass back at Zou, then I’d be seeing Carrot more as a potential recruit, but because Zunesha was the one who ended up kicking Jack’s ass, I don’t see it that way as much. Luffy wasn’t even the one who called on Zunesha to kick Jack’s ass, as it was Momo that called on Zunesha to do that.

That understood, then I suppose me seeing Carrot more as a potential recruit at least partially depends on Luffy kicking Perospero’s ass, as Perospero ended up being the reason Pedro blew himself up and is what compelled Carrot to attempt to avenge him.

I know that trying to see patterns in the Straw Hat recruitment might be fruitless since Oda can change up any recruitment process there was any time he wants, but if I was asked if I myself saw some sort of pattern, then I guess it would be that.

Last edited:
After thinking about it more, and I can’t believe I didn’t realize it before, but I think the main reason I’m currently not as inclined to see Carrot as a potential recruit is because of what happened at Zou. Usually, Luffy is the one to defeat some sort of boss character of an arc, which is what significantly helped lay the foundation of Luffy starting a friendship with each of his crew mates, whether it’s because of a deal gone wrong, a lack of confidence, or the boss character getting in the way of the potential recruit by causing complications for them in general.

I think if Luffy had been the one to kick Jack’s ass back at Zou, then I’d be seeing Carrot more as a potential recruit, but because Zunesha was the one who ended up kicking Jack’s ass, I don’t see it that way as much. Luffy wasn’t even the one who called on Zunesha to kick Jack’s ass, as it was Momo that called on Zunesha to do that.

That understood, then I suppose me seeing Carrot more as a potential recruit at least partially depends on Luffy kicking Perospero’s ass, as Perospero ended up being the reason Pedro blew himself up and is what compelled Carrot to attempt to avenge him.

I know that trying to see patterns in the Straw Hat recruitment might be fruitless since Oda can change up any recruitment process there was any time he wants, but I was asked if I myself saw some sort of pattern, then
I guess it would be that.
Luffy isn’t really Focus on perospero right now. Carrot is putting her efforts go after him for revenge alongside with Wanda. I am guessing next couple chapters I can’t be so sure about this. I do believe Jinbei going fight against jack. Since Jinbei and sanji are telling luffy reserve his energy for Kaido. Kaido did tell jack go patch himself. You could say in some ways Kaido is major character as well the boss of jack. That Luffy and his alliance have deal with. So she could still join I guess.
I think reason why I am little “if” about carrot joining potentially as the “last member if they are 10 members”.
She hasn’t really done anything significant through out wano lately. She in my opinion has been reduce to background or support character through out wano. Especially going through act 1,2, and 3 there nothing worth remembering on what she did. I am not denying carrot did some significant things through whole cake island. Heck the only things worth remembering is her suslong transformation as well her potential role. But If you compare that to the other characters. It’s doesn’t come close to what Brook and Jinbei were able accomplish. Even chopper coming up with plain outsmart bruelee came in handy save carrot. Using Bruelee own ability against her really came handy to regroup everybody. As well making there present unnoticed from big mom’s crew. Luffy using Bruelee ability to outsmart Katkurai really help him overcome his fight against the first commander. Yes, carrot does lose her mentor figure in the story. There wasn’t really much to that backstory though. Maybe I’m wrong, but I didn’t really see much development with her character in whole cake island. She still that cheerful bunny we know and love. You do see her inherent will from pedro though.
If they were 12 members I wouldn’t mind additional member to the crew. However, if they were “10” I don’t believe she will create a lot shock value or clout for other people talk about her. The only thing carrot good for is marketing in terms of community known as “furries or monsters characters”. Since they have been gaining traction lately through out years ever since 90s with space jam and late 2010s monster museum. You could say same thing with Yamato since she either ogre or dragon. Yamato in a lot ways looks more humanize mixed with horns.

Last edited:
Luffy isn’t really Focus on perospero right now. Carrot is putting her efforts go after him for revenge alongside with Wanda. I am guessing next couple chapters I can’t be so sure about this. I do believe Jinbei going fight against jack. Since Jinbei and sanji are telling luffy reserve his energy for Kaido. Kaido did tell jack go patch himself. You could say in some ways Kaido is major character as well the boss of jack. That Luffy and his alliance have deal with. So it could still join I guess.
I think reason why I am little “if” about carrot joining potentially as the “last member if they are 10 members”.
She hasn’t really done anything significant through out wano lately. She in my opinion has been reduce to background or support character through out wano. Especially going act 1,2, and 3 there nothing worth remembering on what she did. I am not denying carrot did some significant thing through whole cake island. Heck the only thing worth remembering her suslong transformation as well potential role. But If you compare that to the other characters. It’s doesn’t come close to what Brook and Jinbei what they were able accomplish in whole cake island. Even chopper coming up with plain outsmart bruelee came in handy save carrot. Using Bruelee own ability against her came really handy to regroup everybody in order make there present unnoticed from big mom’s crew. Luffy using Bruelee ability to outsmart Katkurai really help him overcome the first commander. Yes, carrot does lose her mentor figure in the story. There wasn’t really much to that backstory though. Maybe I’m wrong but I didn’t really see much development with her character in whole cake island. She still that cheerful bunny we know and love. You do see the inherent will from pedro though.
If they were 12 members I wouldn’t mind additional member to the crew. However, if they were 10 I don’t believe she will create a lot shock value or clout for other people talk about. The only thing carrot good for is marketing in terms of community “know as furries or monster characters”. Since they have been gaining traction lately through out years ever since 90s with space jam and late 2010 monster museum. You could say same thing with Yamato since she either ogre or dragon. Yamato in a lot looks more humanize.
If any, Carrot suits joining the ranks of Shishilian, Concelot and Giovanni the best, their version of D'Artagnan...

I can see both Carrot and Yamato joining no problem. Yamato cause of obvious Oden parallels. Carrot because she’s been around since Zou, played a role in WCI and I can’t imagine why Oda would give her that much screen time if otherwise. Carrot also featured in a SH heavy panel celebrating the return of Jimbei. Carrot will join kinda like how Franky did, as an ally and later nakama. Plus 2 new female crew mates wouldn’t hurt.
I’ve also seen people mention Momo and Tama as potential nakama. But I don’t see it, I’ll admit I’m biased though. Don’t like Momo for reasons.
But I do look forward to his potential as the son of Oden and his DF power working in tandem with his potential swordsmanship.

People will cite Shanks and Buggy’s presence on Roger’s ship as apprentices as proof for Momo and Tama joining fullfilling a similar role. Due to the parallels seen between the Roger pirates and the SHs. But I’d argue that those are two different matters because it’s alluded to Shanks and Buggy possibly being on the crew since infancy.
They’d also argue that as Oden’s son he must learn the poneglyph cypher from Robin, because it’s his heritage. But Robin already fills the role that Oden did on Roger’s ship. Following the discovery of the One Piece and the upcoming Great War, whose to say that information will be needed post then.
I believe Momo is the New world equivalent of Vivi and as such his journey ends in Wano. As the future Shogun, and the future he represents for Wano, he needs to stay and mature into his position with the help of his vassals, and daimyo. That’s were I see Tama becoming Momo’s Shinobu or Fukurokuju. Both becoming allies of Luffy, nothing more and nothing less.

I can see both Carrot and Yamato joining no problem. Yamato cause of obvious Oden parallels. Carrot because she’s been around since Zou, played a role in WCI and I can’t imagine why Oda would give her that much screen time if otherwise. Carrot also featured in a SH heavy panel celebrating the return of Jimbei. Carrot will join kinda like how Franky did, as an ally and later nakama. Plus 2 new female crew mates wouldn’t hurt.
I’ve also seen people mention Momo and Tama as potential nakama. But I don’t see it, I’ll admit I’m biased though. Don’t like Momo for reasons.
But I do look forward to his potential as the son of Oden and his DF power working in tandem with his potential swordsmanship.

People will cite Shanks and Buggy’s presence on Roger’s ship as apprentices as proof for Momo and Tama joining fullfilling a similar role. Due to the parallels seen between the Roger pirates and the SHs. But I’d argue that those are two different matters because it’s alluded to Shanks and Buggy possibly being on the crew since infancy.
They’d also argue that as Oden’s son he must learn the poneglyph cypher from Robin, because it’s his heritage. But Robin already fills the role that Oden did on Roger’s ship. Following the discovery of the One Piece and the upcoming Great War, whose to say that information will be needed post then.
I believe Momo is the New world equivalent of Vivi and as such his journey ends in Wano. As the future Shogun, and the future he represents for Wano, he needs to stay and mature into his position with the help of his vassals, and daimyo. That’s were I see Tama becoming Momo’s Shinobu or Fukurokuju. Both becoming allies of Luffy, nothing more and nothing less.
Do you see the potential Vivi possibly returning to the straw hats as well?

Do you see the potential Vivi possibly returning to the straw hats as well?
Kinda. She’ll always be an honorary SH, and there is potential for her return. We don’t know what went down at the Reverie involving Alabasta. But we do know that at least 2 members of Luffy’s grand fleet were present: Leo and Sai. If they were somehow involved they could always make it back to Luffy, because they have a Vivre card. But ultimately I think her place is in Alabasta, unless it gets buster called, or ancient weaponed to non-existence.

Kinda. She’ll always be an honorary SH, and there is potential for her return. We don’t know what went down at the Reverie involving Alabasta. But we do know that at least 2 members of Luffy’s grand fleet were present: Leo and Sai. If they were somehow involved they could always make it back to Luffy, because they have a Vivre card. But ultimately I think her place is in Alabasta, unless it gets buster called, or ancient weaponed to non-existence.
I think “if” Vivi we’re returning join the straw hats her new goal might probably be why did the nefertari family decide not ally with world government or part of Mary Geouse celestial Dragon. I remember father was interested lost history. It might tie in something with in void century. Since elder stars consider nefertari family’s traitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.