Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit that with this chapter, Carrot's chances as a SH candidate are in a much more precarious state. On the one hand, she's finally taking on Peros and showing off a lot more of what she can do in battle. On the other hand, it's currently in her hax Sulong form, with Wanda who appeared out of nowhere, and away from everyone else. One of those three factors needs to change before the needle can move back in her favor.

It's a lot different from just being temporarily out of the picture. Carrot always had the chance to pop back into the foreground when needed. The issue now is the same as when Pedro was still around: she's still an active part of the Mink group with a lot of senior members above her. She naturally falls in line behind them when they're around. She's had just one feat on her own and in service to the SHs: the first Sulong transformation. If she can't break free from the shadow of the other Minks, she has a much harder case against her.

But here's the main takeaway: Carrot knows that there's a reason Pedro gave his life, yet she still doesn't know what that reason is. Pedro said Carrot would come to understand why the Straw Hats needed to survive over himself. Carrot still has that connection with the crew, and there's still time and opportunity for her to put it all together for herself.
Honestly, more people joining the straw hats is not what the story needs right now, we barely get enough focus on the straw hats now. But out of all the potential candidates Carrot is the most reasonable, since she's been here since Zou and Oda has given her moments. Plus She actually has a unique and distinguishable appearance unlike Yamato.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Carrot has 69 votes....

No comment.
I think most people voted out of odds, meaning even though Carrot is not their favourite on this list at all, they still happen to believe that she is the most likely candidate for taking a new spot in the crew. The reasons could be countless, like her overall time spent with the SHs, the Pedro matter or even the fact making her go back to Zou would not be a good choice from Oda's part.

In 80 chapter whole cake island what we do get
Two mvp of the arc brook and jinbei
Nami using big mom virve card control homies, as well team up luffy take down cracker and entire rage army. As her being by luffy side while sanji was beat the crap out of him
The two characters who we get know most in this arc are pedro and sanji.
carrot and chopper use bruelee mirror ability sneak around big mom Facility in order regroup with everyone else. Carrot highlight that worth remembering suslong transformation. Through interaction with crew she just appear support character going along ride with rest crew.

Last edited:
Carrot is a lame Character
And yamato is already annoying, her oden shit is old and tired and never funny

if I absolutely had to choose between the 2
I would definitely choose yamato

The crew needs a M3 esq member
No more “weaklings”
We have nami chopper and usopp

and I think that’s enough
Well tbh she's not that weak. Really Chopper isn't either, its just Oda portraying him like shit since Enies Lobby.

To me she currently feels around the level of Brook/Franky/Robin. She's only actually been stopped physically by Katakuri and Daifuku's Genie (to which she gimped later as Sulong and was too fast for him).

I still sort of think Oda's going for 11 or 13 members. If 11, definitely Yamato in my opinion as the last member. If 13, Yamato and Carrot, followed by Vivi in a later arc. You can even make power Quartets out of this if you want, but i find it silly

- Monster: Zoro, Sanji, Jinbe, Yamato
- Mid: Robin, Franky, Brook, Carrot
- Weak: Nami, Usopp, Chopper, Vivi

It...sort of works? Though granted I think hes just going to stick with 11. Love to be surprised by a triple join this arc though (Jinbe, Yamato, Carrot)
Post automatically merged:

Why do I feel the reason some Of you wants carrot to join is just because her sulong design?
A lot of people wanted her to join way before that. Sulong just helped because its a pretty good design and only hers seems to really stand out in comparison to the rest.

Honestly, more people joining the straw hats is not what the story needs right now, we barely get enough focus on the straw hats now. But out of all the potential candidates Carrot is the most reasonable, since she's been here since Zou and Oda has given her moments. Plus She actually has a unique and distinguishable appearance unlike Yamato.
I think both do tbh. Yamato has looked wildly different in recent chapters from her debut and her color scheme has made it that much better

I repaired it for you.
I'd agree but unfortunately not my choice since both Carrot/Yamato seem to get increasing amounts of focus as the arc goes on. We'll see what happens

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I'd agree but unfortunately not my choice since both Carrot/Yamato seem to get increasing amounts of focus as the arc goes on. We'll see what happens
Being asked by Luffy to do something does not mean Yamato makes it to the crew that's 1.

Carrot is Carrot. Once Sulong ends she's irrelevant.

Jinbei's reintroduction was this arc's addition to the crew. We still have Elbaf and etc.

Being asked by Luffy to do something does not mean Yamato makes it to the crew that's 1.

Jinbei's reintroduction was this arc's addition to the crew. We still have Elbaf and etc.
But didn’t luffy asked Franky do something while he was he facing off against lucci. As well putting trust someone look after the other person while trying risk there lives process. Ussop, chopper, Franky, brook, and Jinbei come to mind when doing that. luffy putting trust zoro and ussop go after jango to save Kaya.
Put trust into chopper to handle wapol subordinates
Believe Franky will retrieve robin and protect her for time being
Asking brook to lift him up trying finish off oars
Jinbei provided a ship to help escape impel down and agreeing to idea ally with Capone.
Tell his friends robin that she is not bad person.
Obviously offer his hat to Nami when she was at desperate state hopeless being betray arlong and her family be killed.

Last edited:

Yamato has formerly requested herself to join Luffy and leave Onigashima. That right there should have been a big flag. But again, we'll see.

And Carrots relevancy is with Perospero, not Sulong

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
But didn’t luffy asked Franky do something while he was he facing off against lucci. As well putting trust someone look after the other person while trying risk there lives process. Ussop, chopper, Franky, brook, and Jinbei come to mind when doing that. luffy putting trust zoro and ussop go after jango to save Kaya.
Put trust into chopper to handle wapol subordinates
Believe Franky will retrieve robin and protect her for time being
Asking brook to lift him up trying finish off oars
Jinbei provided a ship to help escape impel down and agreeing to idea ally with Capone.
Tell his friends robin that is not bad person.
Obviously offer his hat to Nami when she was at desperate state hopeless being betray arlong and her family be killed.
Yamato has formerly requested herself to join Luffy and leave Onigashima. That right there should have been a big flag. But again, we'll see.

And Carrots relevancy is with Perospero, not Sulong
You guys are pushing her the same way guys pushed Carrot when she was revealed and then joined WCI team.

This is deja vu for me.

You will be widely disappointed after Wano since I guarantee you that not Yamato nor Carrot joins SHP.

You guys are pushing her the same way guys pushed Carrot when she was revealed and then joined WCI team.

This is deja vu for me.

You will be widely disappointed after Wano since I guarantee you that not Yamato nor Carrot joins SHP.
If she doesn’t join she doesn’t join

This is deja vu for me.

I would more disappointed if a child were join.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Than luffy crew isn’t finish than he said, he wanted 10 people. I got 9 among the straw hats total
1. Zoro
2. Nami
3. Ussop
4. Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Robin
7. Franky
8. Brook
9. Jinbei
10. Unknown
I know. There is still Elbaf. Maybe Raijin Island and etc. + by a miracle Vivi might be reintroduced in the story.

Straw Hats don't need another Powerhouse. The crew is well balanced anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.