Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think both do tbh. Yamato has looked wildly different in recent chapters from her debut and her color scheme has made it that much better
Post automatically merged:

I'd agree but unfortunately not my choice since both Carrot/Yamato seem to get increasing amounts of focus as the arc goes on. We'll see what happens
Not different enough, that's still Nami's face for the most part.....Color's help distinguish the characters better yes but what people first see is the black and white pages.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Not different enough, that's still Nami's face for the most part.....Color's help distinguish the characters better yes but what people first see is the black and white pages.
She's basically stronger version of Nami with horns.

Power scaling doesn't matter for Oda anyways. We have enough powerhouses in the crew already. Crew is balanced.

Yamato can join a boiling pot of oil with Oden.

You guys are pushing her the same way guys pushed Carrot when she was revealed and then joined WCI team.

This is deja vu for me.

You will be widely disappointed after Wano since I guarantee you that not Yamato nor Carrot joins SHP.
Literally both characters have vastly different backgrounds, relationships to Luffy, and issues going on. Not sure how you could be "reminded" of how people pushed Carrot.

When people oddly stand out at different points in the story, people like those characters enough to want them in the crew. Fan wishes like Monet or Perona or now fucking Ulti are pretty ridiculous asks, because they have absolutely no merit to joining Luffy.

Yamato and Carrot, personality wise, are some of the most unique females in the series (I won't argue design because that's entirely subjective to the reader, personality is pretty objective because you can easily compare them to others in the story). Both are not damsels. Both are pretty capable on their own. Both have DIFFERENT relationships with Luffy, both have a desire (like Vivi!) to want to adventure or leave their homeland for different reasons. Both have warranted tragedies and hints towards certain "goals".

The only thing they see truly missing are "dreams", but its clear we aren't nearly finished with the arc nor battles yet. These characters have been vast standouts compared to any other character since pretty much Jinbe or Kinemon when it comes to presence in the story with the main crew. The problem with Kinemon is his goals 99% align with saving his country and not sailing away, contrast to Vivi.

So I say it again, you have to wait because Carrot and Yamato are "weird" and pretty unorthodox when it comes to being in the story right now. @Shift explained Carrot already in that her placement hasn't really had focus yet she's been entirely persistent as more than just an ally (she acts like a strawhat and sails on their ship, as well as heavily interacts with them) for almost 200 chapters now.

Yamato is character that this pretty much the opposite. She was just literally introduced 11 chapters ago, with her first intro virtually being involved with Luffy and about Ace with a persistent goal. Most of her initial dialogue has been about leaving Wano after saving it and separating from her father. There is clear motivation and backstory to her character we haven't learned yet.

On one hand you have a character who is discovering what her mentor wanted her to do, on the other you have a character who is already driven to do the thing she is set out to do.

Are they both guaranteed? Fuck no. But they are way more likely candidates than anything we've had in hundreds of chapters

I know. There is still Elbaf. Maybe Raijin Island and etc. + by a miracle Vivi might be reintroduced in the story.

Straw Hats don't need another Powerhouse. The crew is well balanced anyway.
Through out story lately the straw hats have already showcase that there somewhat of elite pirate crew like no others before them. That not even there own rivals of there own generation can’t complete with them. The only Exception is possibly Blackbeard. There own captain Luffy is revered to be the fifth emperor of the sea by big news morgan. If luffy wants accomplish his goal be the pirate king to have crew that surpass shanks one day as well. I would say Yamato in someways would be more beneficial for their overall success if they hope survive the new world against upcoming threat that lie ahead. Doing things on there own without relaying on there own rivals to help them succeed. You know, luffy going be situation where he going fight shanks on his own with his respect crew right? So why not be prepared for upcoming threats lie ahead with other powerhouse.

You showed me 2 examples where I see two entirely different designs and personalities. Oda has a unique female differentiation problem. This is not one of them, not anymore at least. At first it seemed similar, but he's gotten way better at drawing her different enough.

And people promote Vivi (i do too) and don't even realize that she was the first Nami copy in the series, and her relevance is only going to increase as we near the EoS.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Through out story lately the straw hats have already showcase that there somewhat of elite pirate crew like no others before them. That not even there own rivals of there own generation can’t complete with them. The only Exception is possibly Blackbeard. There own captain Luffy is revered to be the fifth emperor of the sea by big news morgan. If luffy wants accomplish his goal be the pirate king to have crew that surpass shanks one day as well. I would say Yamato in someways would be more beneficial for their overall success if they hope survive the new world against upcoming threat that lie ahead. Doing things on there own without relaying on there own rivals to help them succeed. You know, luffy going be situation where he going fight shanks on his own with his respect crew right? So why not be prepared for upcoming threats lie ahead with other powerhouse.
She's fucking boring. There is literally nothing that she brings to the crew besides vet level strength.

Her goal is basically completed once she leaves Wano's shore by 5 meters on Sunny.

She got introduced 80 chapters deep. Oda must be on crack if he wants to make someone like her a straw hat.

+she won't abandon this Oden bullshit. She's been wanking this dog for 20 years.

I'm just saying you guys are in a queue for a big disappointement.

She's fucking boring. There is literally nothing that she brings to the crew besides vet level strength.

Her goal is basically completed once she leaves Wano's shore by 5 meters on Sunny.

She got introduced 80 chapters deep. Oda must be on crack if he wants to make someone like her a straw hat.

+she won't abandon this Oden bullshit. She's been wanking this dog for 20 years.

I'm just saying you guys are in a queue for a big disappointement.
A badass shouen female character who can stand alone in a fight without assist of others to help her and come save her. Someone who is inspired by someone else to be strong and tough like they are go on same adventure like her idol. A character who has a distinctive personality that relate to classic Tom boy and tough girl that’s has very different personality from that of Nami and robin. Is also well trained fighter who use to fighting taking damage. Sure, I wouldn’t mind joining the crew. I don’t think she is borning character. I think she honorable, honest, innocent, she really is not the brightest person but she does make it up with her own strength And her own moral beliefs.

How about we wait more than 10 chapters before we are super critical of a new character, yeah?

We know barely anything about Yamato's full history with Kaido and Oden (which is warranting a flashback and we are getting it), her relationship with Ace, her potential connection to Otama, her possible devil fruit and additional strengths, or even fundamentally WHY she decided to call herself Oden. What makes her hide her identity behind a mask? Why does she do this?

Like, in an arc with so many characters, you have to wait. People waited forever for this Carrot/Perospero confrontation (since the 930's I've heard of the possibility), and it actually started to happen. Wano is not small by any means. Let this shit breathe

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
How about we wait more than 10 chapters before we are super critical of a new character, yeah?

We know barely anything about Yamato's full history with Kaido and Oden (which is warranting a flashback and we are getting it), her relationship with Ace, her potential connection to Otama, her possible devil fruit and additional strengths, or even fundamentally WHY she decided to call herself Oden. What makes her hide her identity behind a mask? Why does she do this?

Like, in an arc with so many characters, you have to wait. People waited forever for this Carrot/Perospero confrontation (since the 930's I've heard of the possibility), and it actually started to happen. Wano is not small by any means. Let this shit breathe
HE FUCKING INTRODUCED HER 80 CHAPTER DEEP.

Literally we are reaching climax of the arc and you fucking think that she will join.

Fuck her strength and innocence.

Kaido should've killed her.

I hope he has another child who is not brainwashed to fucking respect someone like oden.

Literally we are reaching climax of the arc and you fucking think that she will join.

I hope he has another child who is not brainwashed to fucking respect someone like oden.
But this arc has base on kabuki play. So they’re technically five acts where still third act. Where likely going get kaido backstory and Yamato upbring

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
But this arc has base on kabuki play. So they’re technically five acts where still third act. Where likely going get kaido backstory and Yamato upbring
and? Do you really believe some bum ass flashback of Yamato getting beaten to pulp by her dad would ignite some empathy from me for her character after reading manga for 10 years?

This is the same cycle fandom is going on when Carrot was introduced and then joined sanji retrival team>

Arc ain't even remotely over. Raid started 70 chapters in and the arc probably won't even be over by 140 chapters so in RETROSPECT, it won't matter how late she was introduced. Plus, if the connections to Tama actually happen the way some people think, then technically that connection was established the first chapter Luffy arrived on Wano.

Also, calm the fuck down. You care too much about about a fictional character joining the crew when you can just have fun discussing the possibility, not ranting about how "shit" it will because YOU don't like it.

and? Do you really believe some bum ass flashback of Yamato getting beaten to pulp by her dad would ignite some empathy from me for her character after reading manga for 10 years?

This is the same cycle fandom is going on when Carrot was introduced and then joined sanji retrival team>
What did you want Yamato be like pudding of this arc just use luffy to kill momo? Break samurai sprits as well as being opposing force luffy. Your child isn’t going follow same path as you parent what you set them out them be. Sometimes your child beliefs there ideology differ from you as parental figure either we child and as well adult. Nami didn’t become marine after mother was killed by pirate. Luffy didn’t become revolutionary nor a marine underneath bandits.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Arc ain't even remotely over. Raid started 70 chapters in and the arc probably won't even be over by 140 chapters so in RETROSPECT, it won't matter how late she was introduced. Plus, if the connections to Tama actually happen the way some people think, then technically that connection was established the first chapter Luffy arrived on Wano.

Also, calm the fuck down. You care too much about about a fictional character joining the crew when you can just have fun discussing the possibility, not ranting about how "shit" it will because YOU don't like it.
can't have fun when everyone acts like she's fucking tip top 100% straw hats post wano wank the shit out of her and this fucktard oden.

She's next carrot. benefit of the arc.

This manga is way post times of being enjoyable yet I read it cuz I'm addicted to it like most of the people who read this for long time.

Reddit is even worse. fcking pigs there everyone would let yamato sit on his face and throw her on the sunny every chapter thread.

There is nothing to enjoy about this fucking arc and this late addition character fam NOTHING.

V2 CARROT

What did you want Yamato be like pudding of this arc just use luffy to kill momo? Break samurai sprits as well as being opposing force luffy. Your child isn’t going follow same path as you parent what you set them out them be. Sometimes your child beliefs there ideology differ from you as parental figure either we child and as well adult. Nami didn’t become marine after mother was killed by pirate. Luffy didn’t become revolutionary nor a marine underneath bandits.
I want her dead or never being introduced 80 chapters deep that's 1.

can't have fun when everyone acts like she's fucking tip top 100% straw hats post wano wank the shit out of her and this fucktard oden.

This manga is way post times of being enjoyable yet I read it cuz I'm addicted to it like most of the people who read this for long time.

Reddit is even worse. fcking pigs there everyone would let yamato sit on his face and throw her on the sunny every chapter thread.

There is nothing to enjoy about this fucking arc and this late addition character fam NOTHING.

V2 CARROT

Big mom and kaido have been around for a long time so of course they would have there own children.

V2 CARROT

So, you wanted be situation where explain Kaido’s suicidal tendencies and depression because child death. Look we might still get Kaido’s backstory why he act the way he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.