Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re missing the point.

The panels you posted are meant to show the Straw Hats up against overwhelming odds, and the perspective plays into that.

This panel is meant to show the MCs and Yonko as equals, as it’s chapter 1000 and this is how far the main characters have come.

And thus, Oda draws both parties in comparable lights. Perspective shots exist for a reason bro, and a perspective shot like that would not be appropriate here.
I guess..... I just think Oda would have been better off if he didn't include the panels of the characters faces, no split panels or anything. Big Mom and Kaido look really awkward in that panel.

Luffy = Kaido isn’t something I ever meant to imply, the New Era being = to the Old Era is though. Which is why both parties were drawn from the same angles and using the same perspective shots.
Bruh. The narrative is culminating in this moment. You can’t disregard a narrative climax because you still aren’t ready to put Luffy = to Kaido on your tier list.

He’s capable of defeating any top tier right now. He’s not stronger than any of them but he is capable of defeating them.
I doubt it, hence why he's with 4 people and more to come to fulfill the prophecy of beating a single dude. This is enough to tell me that he cannot beat any top tier on his own yet. That should be reserved for later on in the series and be the next benchmark imo, otherwise it trivializes any further opponents. Espeically given that Kaido is likely the current n1 right now, is being poised to go down to a group(the prophecy) then after that Luffy coming out and fighting a top tier 1vs1 the next arc and winning.

That's how i think it'll go.
There is no tension because Oda is a complete failure, not because Oda wasn’t intending for the tension to be at its height right now lol. This is supposed to be the climax of the arc. Oda fucking all of the prior stuff up doesn’t change that.
I think there is no tension because things havent started going down or be serious yet, i still think this raid will somewhat fail.

Act 3 isnt the climax in my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.