Anime & Manga THE GREAT DEBATE: Which leg did Vergo use on Judge's son?

Which leg did Vergo use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You actually act so fucking smug but you know shit people
That is real rich coming from a bloke that told folk to go and commit suicide because they disagreed over his interpretation of a Japanese children's comic. Lel.
This is the onkly logical conclusion of what you guys are arguing for, and this motherfucker must pivot more and turn more to get the leg across like Vergo has it. It's not a fucking debate, this is not it. Just look at it and rub your two brain cells together a little
Cause we all know how great Oda is when it comes to anatomically correct drawings and consistent body proportions.
Nah son, that shit is Goda’s canon, just like that time when Sanji’s left leg suddenly grew to be equal in length to his entire body while his right leg spontaneously lost half of it’s width below the knee.
This is irrefutable evidence that Sanji also learnt CP9’s Life Return ability over the Time Skip but Oda has simply been unable to explain that due to limited panels.
The real deal is in the panels. We see Vergo predominantly lead with his left leg in his attacks throughout the fight.
There is no indication or implication of any random leg change in this short exchange. If Oda wanted a leg change then he would have explicitly shown it in this fully on screen fight.

C

critical mindset

That is real rich coming from a bloke that told folk to go and commit suicide because they disagreed over his interpretation of a Japanese children's comic. Lel.

Cause we all know how great Oda is when it comes to anatomically correct drawings and consistent body proportions.

The real deal is in the panels. We see Vergo predominantly lead with his left leg in his attacks throughout the fight.

There is no indication or implication of any random leg change in this short exchange. If Oda wanted a leg change then he would have explicitly shown it in this fully on screen fight.
Oda maybe has to show everything to you, but he expects us to be mature readers. He can't show everything because really then it would destroy the suspense of the whole event. You're supposed to read that and it be a big shocker. SHOCK VALUE. Oda did it really nice there imo.

Oda maybe has to show everything to you, but he expects us to be mature readers. He can't show everything because really then it would even destroy the suspense of the whole event. You're supposed to read that and it be a big shocker
Yes because the most logical thing to do with a predominantly visual piece of media is not provide a visual. :smoothieduck:

Clearly big brain thinking. :smart:

I don't see why not. Oda wants readers to jump out of their socks reading it. If he showed some leg switch in between, that's shit writing man
Not showing what visually goes on in a visual fight is both subpar writing and subpar fight choreography.

If this leg change shows how supposedly vastly inferior Sanji is to Vergo as you have been banging on about then why not explicitly show it? Would that not raise the stakes, the suspense and the tension?

The only reason Oda would not show it is if it never happened. Guess what?

It never happened.

C

critical mindset

@critical mindset you are going to win this debate by attrition
Man, this is not a debate lmao. It's not a debate when you guys have nothing lmao
Not showing what visually goes on in a visual fight is both subpar writing and subpar fight choreography.

If this leg change shows how supposedly vastly inferior Sanji is to Vergo as you have been banging on about then why not explicitly show it? Would that not raise the stakes, the suspense and the tension?

The only reason Oda would not show it is if it never happened. Guess what?

It never happened.
No Oda did it just great. In fact it was perfect.

Oda is not even making it a secret
Still a drawing mistake.
It can happen. Even Oda makes mistakes in terms of drawings.

This left tilt is impossible with what you’re saying. The dudes you post pivot their foot and the leg it is bent in the other direction
Wait, how exactly do you know that this is the left tilt of Vergo's stationary body?
It rather seems like a right tilt of Vergo's stationary leg.

I didn’t show her the panel so she didn’t understand I wanted her to use more momentum when she came at me. Doesn’t matter. She did the kick you said is impossible and she does it while standing fully straight so it’s hard for her to balance.
She performed this kick

It's a right tilt of her right knee but look at this panel again:

See that Vergo didn't only do a complete "right tilt" with his right knee - hypothetically - he bent his knee at 90 degrees which is still different than the kick of your girl.

She wouldn't keep a proper balance with a proper stance either; because that's not how you kick with your right leg.

Furthermore, Sanji WAS responding to Vergo's kick with his RIGHT LEG - as @Reborn elaborated above - and yet, the same Sanji still uses his right leg in response to a right kick being thrown at a weird angle? If Vergo did a round house kick, he would have moved his leg at a different direction.

BTW, you was wondering why I brought up that "Vergo's bones would fracture itself"? You know how joints work? The bones ARE flexible, that's why your girl is able to bent her right leg like that. But it has clear limits. That's why you do not see a single martial artist performing the same kick like Vergo... because Vergo didn't kick like that either.

As I said, if there was a switch, Oda would have drawn it. I've showed you an example where Oda drew panels inbetween, so he clearly gives a fuck if a character switches legs or arms due to the choreography.

All in all, we're talking about the same guy who draws something like this:

I mean, look at Sanji's fucking leg length...
You are just overanalysing a panel as usual. Calm down and take a break, you are taking it too seriously. I don't want to be consistently tagged by you on this topic either since it really begins to annoy me a lot lol.
Post automatically merged:

Also, I am no expert lol
We all are not pure experts but imo, your argument was well-elaborated. Have you done martial arts before?

Last edited:
C

critical mindset

Still a drawing mistake.
It can happen. Even Oda makes mistakes in terms of drawings.
No, this is not a drawing mistake because it perfectly lines up with the rest of the evidence

Wait, how exactly do you know that this is the left tilt of Vergo's stationary body?
It rather seems like a right tilt of Vergo's stationary leg.
Thanks for providing the panel where you see his leg leaning left, seen from low angle behind Sanji where we can see the tilt of not just his leg but also see the slight left tilt of his upper body and hip to the left. Again, runs contrary to your right-leg agenda lol.

You can not get a left leaning tilt like this. Can you not for the life of you understand this? "pseudo science" lmao

See that Vergo didn't only do a complete "right tilt" with his right knee - hypothetically - he bent his knee at 90 degrees which is still different than the kick of your girl.
It's because she is throwing a kick high up as she stationary and was told to see how high she could kick it with the bent like that, she did it without problem. Vergo has his body tilted, that's why his foot and knee is facing forward. My girl just needs to reorient her stance and she capures Vergo completely. For her kicking like that is piece of cake. That's why I asked her to just swing through the motion the best she got. She did some weird stuff in the beginning but that's no matter, I showed you her swinging the leg, no problems

and yet, the same Sanji still uses his right leg in response to a right kick being thrown at a weird angle? If Vergo did a round house kick, he would have moved his leg at a different direction.
literally same angle as my girl with just some reorientation of his actual stance you get the same angle. And you can't call that right kick a roundhouse kick. Sanji was just too slow to grasp what was going on then. He literally didn't expect that. I mean granted he kicked with his right, then broke off the clash and next up we see him doing a reverse roundhouse swipe,. Sanji is too damn slow to reacto to any of that properly while Vergo looks outright bored. It's clear Sanji was lagging
BTW, you was wondering why I brought up that "Vergo's bones would fracture itself"? You know how joints work? The bones ARE flexible, that's why your girl is able to bent her right leg like that. But it has clear limits. That's why you do not see a single martial artist performing the same kick like Vergo... because Vergo didn't kick like that either.
Joint fractures don't occur from doing swift changes of the body. It handles such strain perfectly unless you go just way past your allowed range of motion. This definitely is not it. The reason you don't see martial artist do this is because it is a retarded kick that has no power behind it. That's why

And btw, for all speaking about Vergo's flexibility @Owl Ki Vergo is flexible as a goddamn chair

You are just overanalysing a panel as usual
That is a panel with low focus. Vergo's clash with Sanji is one of paramount importance. It was very specific down to the actual action lines that join up to the left tilt to his left buttcheek, thus proving it can only be the left leg

:suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.