Anime & Manga THE GREAT DEBATE: Which leg did Vergo use on Judge's son?

Which leg did Vergo use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

critical mindset

Its the left leg you don't need to look how he was kicking look at his arm when sanji blocked its the left and then you have the panel after sanji blocks the attack its obvious that its his left leg.
Oda's work would be very time-consuming if he had to explain every single detail just bc lazy bums don't pay attention. Oda expects us to understand that he used the right leg, so what happened after is implied that Vergo broke off the clash and switched position to try and see if he could do a reverse roundhouse swipe with his left leg and see if he could hit Sanji with it. In fact it is so strong a swipe you can see it heats up the air so hot if he use the colour of the flame as a gauge, it's even hotter than Sanji's DJ, being that it is white flames. Is that what Oda is going for here, we don't know, but it is a point to have in mind.

There's nothing special with the arm. What she is doing is very hard in fact as she is not angled like Vergo, she stands fully erect and does this. If she can do that then what Vergo did should be easier for her. That's why we only did this shot once because we actually have a life

Time to acknowledge your L
It was Vergo's right hand wearing his shoe like a glove and pants like a jacket.
People can read your posts in hindsight and see what you're arguing. Please folks do.

When BS and comedy is at the large, you don't know what's left or right anymore. I, too, am no longer able to decipher this. Lololol.
Post automatically merged:

But my sanity still kicks in; it tells me, "Vergo broke Judge's son right leg by the former's right." That's the ugliest kick I ever witnessed in my life. I've been competing in Taekwondo against great foes and I must reiterate how fucking awkward and retard a fellow kicker to deliver thar that type of blow. I can easily withdraw from the fight if my match can launch a kick while drinking coffee with his fucking leg crossed. BS

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
We back in business.

I'll just repeat some previous arguments.
It would align with Vergo's inherent and interwoven characterization of being somewhat of a joker, a parody on the underworld name of his boss and close friend Doflamingo. I for one can see this being true, Vergo wanted to get a chuckle or two and trolled Judge's son like that. There's also Vergo's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. That and Vergo's running gag of things being on the wrong place, like food on his face, which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons, would suggest this to be the case.

The SBS proves this

We have real life people able to move their bodies like that

C

critical mindset

It's not as straight forward the more i look at it, at first that does look like he used the right leg when he blocked Sanji. In the next panel panel where the break happens we see Vergo left foot. Maybe he kept switching blocked him with his right and kicking him again with his left
Yes, he broke off the clash and switched over to using his left leg for a reversed roundhouse swipe. Oda does not need to show him doing this shift as it is directly implied from the very fact that it is fucking obvious he used the right leg when they clashed. Oda instead chose to emphasise this cucked face
:gokulaugh::hihihi::hihihi:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Well I think it's time that I give my take on the matter - it's Sunday and I am quite free lmao

Okay, initially I thought that oda didn't draw the panel properly but when I looked at the panel and did some research then I realized that panel drawing is on point. How?

Let's break it down.

In this panel, vergo is moving towards Sanji with his left leg being held high.

What vergo is trying to do with such posture? He is moving towards Sanji in high speed while trying to attempt a round house kick.

Let's assume what would happen if Sanji wouldn't have blocked the kick?

Ignoring him getting blown away, vergo kick would look like this

Now imagine if you bent this round house kick from knees without changing this posture( a situation when someone blocks it from shin) we would have a position like vergo with his shoes/foot pointing outward and thus giving impression that right leg is being used which isn't the case.

But let's move on. Vergo attempted Kick but
Sanji blocked it.

The best way to block round house kick is stepping out of the kick's range or block it with arms like this.

But since vergo moved so fast then Sanji had no time to step out of his kick range nor he uses his hands in combat.

So, he tried to block the vergo round house kick in not so good manner - that is by using your shin .

This is one of the reason why Sanji shin cracked in first place along with vergo haki and speed of the kick

Now, let's come to the most important part - which leg vergo used?

Answer is it's Left leg which many already pointed out. How?

Well when someone blocks a round house kick in between with legs or shin then your kick looks like this
Round house kick performed with left leg. A style similar to vergo vs Sanji. Only difference is vergo knees got bent more inward giving the impression that he used right leg but this happened because vergo came too close too Sanji

Round house kick performed with right leg - to give better idea of how round house kick looks after being blocked

If you carefully observed the alignment of shoes or foot then it give impression that kick was performed from different leg but that's not the case.

If you still aren't convinced then let's look at this

In the above image, guy in red used round house kick and guy in Blue blocked it with arms. Notice that blue guy has in leg up in defence like Sanji. Imagine what would happen if he would have used his knees to block the round house kick in between?

The shoes alignment and the knees would have bent like vergo.

Look at this image - he is using right leg but his alignment of foot is turned outward. If he would have used his left leg then we would have similar posture like vergo.(use imagination)

If you still aren't convinced then look at position E.

This further becomes clear with the next panel. This panel demonstrates sanji deflecting vergo round house kick after blocking it.

Look at vergo. It's his left leg which gets deflected.

So it's the LEFT Leg - in all sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.