Anime & Manga THE GREAT DEBATE: Which leg did Vergo use on Judge's son?

Which leg did Vergo use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Well I think it's time that I give my take on the matter - it's Sunday and I am quite free lmao

Okay, initially I thought that oda didn't draw the panel properly but when I looked at the panel and did some research then I realized that panel drawing is on point. How?

Let's break it down.

In this panel, vergo is moving towards Sanji with his left leg being held high.

What vergo is trying to do with such posture? He is moving towards Sanji in high speed while trying to attempt a round house kick.

Let's assume what would happen if Sanji wouldn't have blocked the kick?

Ignoring him getting blown away, vergo kick would look like this

Now imagine if you bent this round house kick from knees without changing this posture( a situation when someone blocks it from shin) we would have a position like vergo with his shoes/foot pointing outward and thus giving impression that right leg is being used which isn't the case.

But let's move on. Vergo attempted Kick but
Sanji blocked it.

The best way to block round house kick is stepping out of the kick's range or block it with arms like this.

But since vergo moved so fast then Sanji had no time to step out of his kick range nor he uses his hands in combat.

So, he tried to block the vergo round house kick in not so good manner - that is by using your shin .

This is one of the reason why Sanji shin cracked in first place along with vergo haki and speed of the kick

Now, let's come to the most important part - which leg vergo used?

Answer is it's Left leg which many already pointed out. How?

Well when someone blocks a round house kick in between with legs or shin then your kick looks like this
Round house kick performed with left leg. A style similar to vergo vs Sanji. Only difference is vergo knees got bent more inward giving the impression that he used right leg but this happened because vergo came too close too Sanji

Round house kick performed with right leg - to give better idea of how round house kick looks after being blocked

If you carefully observed the alignment of shoes or foot then it give impression that kick was performed from different leg but that's not the case.

If you still aren't convinced then let's look at this

In the above image, guy in red used round house kick and guy in Blue blocked it with arms. Notice that blue guy has in leg up in defence like Sanji. Imagine what would happen if he would have used his knees to block the round house kick in between?

The shoes alignment and the knees would have bent like vergo.

Look at this image - he is using right leg but his alignment of foot is turned outward. If he would have used his left leg then we would have similar posture like vergo.(use imagination)

If you still aren't convinced then look at position E.

This further becomes clear with the next panel. This panel demonstrates sanji deflecting vergo round house kick after blocking it.

Look at vergo. It's his left leg which gets deflected.

So it's the LEFT Leg - in all sense.
:seriously::seriously::seriously:
The Right Leg Gang just sent you a letter.

Here's Reborn opening it

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
@Reborn

What's your opinion about the cheerleader's stance? I've seen the full video and she could barely hold her balance although the kick itself wasn't even performed like Vergo's apparent right leg round house kick.

And it seems you have good knowledge about martial arts.
First of all there is no evidence of leg switch in manga.

If you notice that girl leg switch then you will realize that when she shift to right leg then her right leg and foot came across the angle towards the camera for a brief moment. She isn't performing any kick here but simply throwing the right leg up.

The reason this is an issue is that right leg when lifted like this loses momentum and stability and that's why she was unable to hold. That's why her right leg and foot moved across and towards the camera.

Vergo didn't switch. He simply used his left leg which got blocked by shin in mid giving the impression that he used right leg. That's why vergo leg is horizontal to the floor and not more across towards Sanji.

Also, I am no expert lol

C

critical mindset

Well I think it's time that I give my take on the matter - it's Sunday and I am quite free lmao

Okay, initially I thought that oda didn't draw the panel properly but when I looked at the panel and did some research then I realized that panel drawing is on point. How?

Let's break it down.

In this panel, vergo is moving towards Sanji with his left leg being held high.

What vergo is trying to do with such posture? He is moving towards Sanji in high speed while trying to attempt a round house kick.

Let's assume what would happen if Sanji wouldn't have blocked the kick?

Ignoring him getting blown away, vergo kick would look like this

Now imagine if you bent this round house kick from knees without changing this posture( a situation when someone blocks it from shin) we would have a position like vergo with his shoes/foot pointing outward and thus giving impression that right leg is being used which isn't the case.

But let's move on. Vergo attempted Kick but
Sanji blocked it.

The best way to block round house kick is stepping out of the kick's range or block it with arms like this.

But since vergo moved so fast then Sanji had no time to step out of his kick range nor he uses his hands in combat.

So, he tried to block the vergo round house kick in not so good manner - that is by using your shin .

This is one of the reason why Sanji shin cracked in first place along with vergo haki and speed of the kick

Now, let's come to the most important part - which leg vergo used?

Answer is it's Left leg which many already pointed out. How?

Well when someone blocks a round house kick in between with legs or shin then your kick looks like this
Round house kick performed with left leg. A style similar to vergo vs Sanji. Only difference is vergo knees got bent more inward giving the impression that he used right leg but this happened because vergo came too close too Sanji

Round house kick performed with right leg - to give better idea of how round house kick looks after being blocked

If you carefully observed the alignment of shoes or foot then it give impression that kick was performed from different leg but that's not the case.

If you still aren't convinced then let's look at this

In the above image, guy in red used round house kick and guy in Blue blocked it with arms. Notice that blue guy has in leg up in defence like Sanji. Imagine what would happen if he would have used his knees to block the round house kick in between?

The shoes alignment and the knees would have bent like vergo.

Look at this image - he is using right leg but his alignment of foot is turned outward. If he would have used his left leg then we would have similar posture like vergo.(use imagination)

If you still aren't convinced then look at position E.

This further becomes clear with the next panel. This panel demonstrates sanji deflecting vergo round house kick after blocking it.

Look at vergo. It's his left leg which gets deflected.

So it's the LEFT Leg - in all sense.
Man, just no.

You simply can’t have that position where he raises his leg like that he needs to pivot the foot and his whole body shifts to his right. This left tilt is impossible with what you’re saying. The dudes you post pivot their foot and the leg it is bent in the other direction

and reborn and @Sentinel
I didn’t show her the panel so she didn’t understand I wanted her to use more momentum when she came at me. Doesn’t matter. She did the kick you said is impossible and she does it while standing fully straight so it’s hard for her to balance. When I showed her the panel she thought the whole left leg business is stupid. We both agreed she did the kick and we went about our days. If she tilts like Vergo did she can maintain balance. She is not a martial artist or something. Just some regular but very good cheerleader. Vergo tilted his hip to his left for balance (clear from the panel of the hip and tilt of stationary leg)

@Reborn

What's your opinion about the cheerleader's stance? I've seen the full video and she could barely hold her balance although the kick itself wasn't even performed like Vergo's apparent right leg round house kick.

And it seems you have good knowledge about martial arts.
I still do not see how that kick is supposed to prove critical mindset 's hypothetical point.

Her foot and knee are pointing towards the ceiling. Vergo's foot and knee are pointing forwards, possibly even slightly downwards.

For that lass to match up with Vergo's supposed stance, her right leg would need to be turned 90° clockwise from her point of view, which would break/dislocate her lower leg.

Besides, how is achieving this kick in a stationary position supposed to prove that the move can be pulled off when one has already committed to a full power left kick with a right tilting body? All without falling on one's arse.

Not only that but when has Vergo ever shown the supposed flexibility necessary to pull all of this off?

This is without even mentioning the fact that Oda never drew any of the leg changes that CM is going on about. "Limited panels" as an argument is on par with saying "Sanji did appear in the chapter but he was invisible". If Oda did not draw it or have some character comment on it then it never happened. Also, since when has Oda ever cared about limiting himself? The bloke regularly goes dozens of chapters overboard, what is he going to care for a single extra panel?

Now, let us see if we can get this thread up to 40 pages. :pepedoffy:

C

critical mindset

I still do not see how that kick is supposed to prove critical mindset 's hypothetical point.

Her foot and knee are pointing towards the ceiling. Vergo's foot and knee are pointing forwards, possibly even slightly downwards.

For that lass to match up with Vergo's supposed stance, her right leg would need to be turned 90° clockwise from her point of view, which would break/dislocate her lower leg.

Besides, how is achieving this kick in a stationary position supposed to prove that the move can be pulled off when one has already committed to a full power left kick with a right tilting body? All without falling on one's arse.

Not only that but when has Vergo ever shown the supposed flexibility necessary to pull all of this off?

This is without even mentioning the fact that Oda never drew any of the leg changes that CM is going on about. "Limited panels" as an argument is on par with saying "Sanji did appear in the chapter but he was invisible". If Oda did not draw it or have some character comment on it then it never happened. Also, since when has Oda ever cared about limiting himself? The bloke regularly goes dozens of chapters overboard, what is he going to care for a single extra panel?

Now, let us see if we can get this thread up to 40 pages. :pepedoffy:
Her foot and shin is tilted more up because she is standing perfectly straight. Vergo has a bent to him with his left hip more to his left for balance so he isn’t fully straight like she is means he has got balance. It’s because she is standing perfectly straight, that’s why. Vergo is not standing straight, so that’s why he can bend his foot forward in clashing with Sanji. Pretty basic actually

I just needed to demonstrate that kick is perfectly doable. And idk why you say you break bones from doing swift switched like that lol. Bones are very flexible, enough to handle it, it’s muscles or tendons that can tear if your muscles are cold and not warmed up. Very poor argument. And man, Vergo used his ankle lol, why the hell are you even bringing up broken bones, that’s the most retarded point tbh (and again, that’s not how bones break). Vergo used bones in his ankles, shit bones (and muscles) against Sanji’s strongest position in the body. It’s pretty clear whose bones are immensely more powerful lol. Isn’t Sanji doing shift rapid movements all the time lmao? His bones should break yo

C

critical mindset

@Sentinel @comrade @Owl Ki read you earlier posts about how bones are supposed to break lmao. You seem to repeat that point a lot. You know bones don’t break from that LMAO :gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

again complete ass of a point. Bones are not made to break like that. Bones are rather flexible and made for being able to handle such strains. You actually act so fucking smug but you know shit people

C

critical mindset

The reason this is an issue is that right leg when lifted like this loses momentum and stability and that's why she was unable to hold. That's why her right leg and foot moved across and towards the camera.
She would have had more stability if she had momentum in addition to a stance like Vergo who is tilting unlike my girl who does it straight. This was just a stationary kick to demonstrate how the flexibility is no problem. I showed that and that's enough

Vergo didn't switch. He simply used his left leg which got blocked by shin in mid giving the impression that he used right leg. That's why vergo leg is horizontal to the floor and not more across towards Sanji.
It's not an impression. He used the right leg lmao. Oda is not even making it a secret

This is the onkly logical conclusion of what you guys are arguing for, and this motherfucker must pivot more and turn more to get the leg across like Vergo has it. It's not a fucking debate, this is not it. Just look at it and rub your two brain cells together a little

Status
Not open for further replies.