Future Events Akainu and Blackbeard are destined to lose together

Heres a fun crackpot theory. At this point, its pretty safe to say Kizaru is our next major foil. And admittedly, yes, we dont entirelt know who or what will be featured at Elbaf, so its hard to determine what the actual next plotline is.

But outside of this, I truly can see Blackbeard AND Akainu being the next focal points, together, for several reasons:

1. They were, for all intents and purposes, the main orchestrators for events at Marineford, therefore, would receive the most payoff in closing that loop together.

2. They received, as a duo, a focused chapter from Jinbe updating the events of the world to Luffy

3. Interstingly enough, both "Admirals" (Kizaru and Kuzan) under them served as key focal points roughly at the same time, both in Egghead and Fullalead. Both of them have subordinates in Egghead as well.

4. The connective tissue that is Kuzan honestly may force Oda to feature the Fleet Admiral where Kuzan eventually ends up going next with Blackbeards crew, especially if there is history there that needs to be explored.

5. Finally, one of the biggest things for me is just purely battle logistics. Luffy has defeated a Yonko (with initial help) and is likely defeating an Admiral this arc. Barring Elbaf's possible separate issues, the next logical step is an evidently stronger Admiral (Akainu) and Yonko (Blackbeard) with their subordinates (Admirals and presumably the stronger YCs than Kaido or Big Mom). Theres only so much you can portray Fuji or Shiryu as the next logical steps for Zoro without being forced to use Mihawk first (which imo, breaks the logic considering who Mihawk is). We have no idea how much more Luffy is meant to escalate in power post Kizaru, but its difficult to ascertain between these 2 powers who is actually meant to fall first.

I am trying to leave Shanks and Imu out of the discussion (to keep it focused on this topic), so if you think either lose before or after these 2 is up to you. But I do think the former (and CG) will also be involved in the 4th Poneglyph "War" along with the Marines if that makes sense

Tldr: Akainu and Blackbeard have more narrative connections than people think, and ultimately I can see it suggesting they fall together, with Luffy claiming the 4th RP and being able to head to LT (barring whatever involvement anyone thinks Shanks or the WG also have in this).

Tags

Heres a fun crackpot theory. At this point, its pretty safe to say Kizaru is our next major foil. And admittedly, yes, we dont entirelt know who or what will be featured at Elbaf, so its hard to determine what the actual next plotline is.

But outside of this, I truly can see Blackbeard AND Akainu being the next focal points, together, for several reasons:

1. They were, for all intents and purposes, the main orchestrators for events at Marineford, therefore, would receive the most payoff in closing that loop together.

2. They received, as a duo, a focused chapter from Jinbe updating the events of the world to Luffy

3. Interstingly enough, both "Admirals" (Kizaru and Kuzan) under them served as key focal points roughly at the same time, both in Egghead and Fullalead. Both of them have subordinates in Egghead as well.

4. The connective tissue that is Kuzan honestly may force Oda to feature the Fleet Admiral where Kuzan eventually ends up going next with Blackbeards crew, especially if there is history there that needs to be explored.

5. Finally, one of the biggest things for me is just purely battle logistics. Luffy has defeated a Yonko (with initial help) and is likely defeating an Admiral this arc. Barring Elbaf's possible separate issues, the next logical step is an evidently stronger Admiral (Akainu) and Yonko (Blackbeard) with their subordinates (Admirals and presumably the stronger YCs than Kaido or Big Mom). Theres only so much you can portray Fuji or Shiryu as the next logical steps for Zoro without being forced to use Mihawk first (which imo, breaks the logic considering who Mihawk is). We have no idea how much more Luffy is meant to escalate in power post Kizaru, but its difficult to ascertain between these 2 powers who is actually meant to fall first.

I am trying to leave Shanks and Imu out of the discussion (to keep it focused on this topic), so if you think either lose before or after these 2 is up to you. But I do think the former (and CG) will also be involved in the 4th Poneglyph "War" along with the Marines if that makes sense

Tldr: Akainu and Blackbeard have more narrative connections than people think, and ultimately I can see it suggesting they fall together, with Luffy claiming the 4th RP and being able to head to LT (barring whatever involvement anyone thinks Shanks or the WG also have in this).

Tags
Legit theory, even tho I can't say I'm fully on board, but an interesting one indeed.

My main question is: if Sakazuki & Teach are supposed to fall at the same time, which of them will fall by the hands of Luffy?

And even more important: who will take care of the rest? SHs don't have the necessary firepower to face both parties (Teach + his 10TCs & Sakazuki + his 2 Admirals)
You mentioned Zoro facing Fujitora, what about Ryukugyu? Kuzan? Shiryu? A lot of big names right there...

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Not sure if they will fall together as I think the timeline will happen differently.
Luffy's future fights are: Saturn>Imu>Buggy>Blackbeard
Maybe Kong or Man with a burn scar may squeeze in, depends who the enemy in Elbaf is.

Legit theory, even tho I can't say I'm fully on board, but an interesting one indeed.

My main question is: if Sakazuki & Teach are supposed to fall at the same time, which of them will fall by the hands of Luffy?

And even more important: who will take care of the rest? SHs don't have the necessary firepower to face both parties (Teach + his 10TCs & Sakazuki + his 2 Admirals)
You mentioned Zoro facing Fujitora, what about Ryukugyu? Kuzan? Shiryu? A lot of big names right there...
Croco got the underworld, some of underworld fighters can fight zodiacs and some of the worst generation can fight some yonkos

The answer imo is both. It will be a free for all on fights, but Luffy defeats them together (they are not teaming up on him). Luffy vs Akainu vs Blackbeard (maybe also Shanks....and Buggy lol). Zoro vs. Fuji vs Shiryu (maybe also Mihawk), etc.

The SHF for all intents and purposes should be involved here, and its their labeled big incident. This is how Luffy will fight other fleets, with his own (imo Kingdoms like DR, Alabasta, Wano and Elbaf are endgame allies against the WG, along with the supernova).

Kuzan i have a feeling will be someone that either Koby or Luffy fights beforehand. I am more directly assuming Koby for now due to Fullalead events, so payoff on that.

Personally Shanks/Mihawk are Laugh Tale events, but thats just me lol. I still think they will absolutely be involved here fucking shit up

The most important thing to remember is that I can very well be a free for all, so CG, Marines, RHP and BBP can all have capable fighters clashing with each other to counter the idea that Luffy's small crew has to directly fight everyone alone

I get where you’re coming from, however, oda to get rid of two of luffys biggest antagonists in one arc where ones bound to end up going Down like big mom… I would hate it

Really don't think two Major and most hyped antagonists and belonging to different factions will fall together...

But good efforts
The issue is trying to localize them to separate arcs when you consider power progression. Like we are getting to a really weird point after Kizaru (at least in his case Kaido was a Yonko and he's an Admiral). And im not saying the arc would be short, far from it. It might be the series' biggest arc as a result, in order to go into both of them completely.

We have some time before this, and maybe even another arc, but whats weird to me is we either end up pairing Akainu with the Yonko's fight over the 4th RP, or he's paired with defending the WG (Imu). Unless he's specifically Elbaf's villain, I'm not sure what individual arc Akainu is meant to have if he's not preventing Yonko going to Laugh Tale or being the first wall against the WG.

In the formers defense, at least he would be treated as an equal threat and not someone the WG is just using to protect themselves.

With this post you are similar to Zoro fans you complain about who think Zoro should beat an arc's main villain.
Blackbeard vs Aokiji is understandable, but Shanks defeating Akainu.. 🤣🤣
It could be cool for both. It’s also less embarrassing than akainu losing to sabo. Shanks is one of the most wanked characters in the series
  1. Luffy vs kizaru
  2. Blackbeard vs Aokiji
  3. Law vs fujitora
    • Blackbeard emperor replacement vs Aokiji admiral replacement
  4. Shanks vs akainu
  5. Kid vs ryokugyu
    • Shanks emperor replacement vs Akainu admiral replacement
:kata:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Yes Buggy is counter to Nika :funky:
Buggy challenges him to weaponized combat.
As we all know, Luffy doesn't know how to use weapons and just swings them around.
And of all the weapons, sharp ones make Buggy look like an unbeatable god.
Buggy just has to pick a sharp weapon for Luffy and set the terms that only weapons can be used.
Now imagine Luffy trying to beat Buggy with a sharp weapon... :crazwhat:

No one is defeating the future fleet admiral

Shanks is not in the same league as Akainu
Akainu is the only character to defeat a pretty solid top tier, he is the strongest marine in the toughest era in history
Neither Sabo nor Shanks will ever be in the same tier as him. Just because Shanks is pretty and Oda likes him doesn't make him as strong as you would like him to be, Luffy idolizes him because he's a good man, but he wants to be stronger than Roger.

Narratively, it has no backing whatsoever, where did you even pull that from lmao. Zoro has more chances at fighting Kizaru and Luffy a vice admiral than Shanks defeating Akainu
It is either Luffy, and less likely so Dragon

No comment on this one
:saden: