Chapter Discussion Attack on Titan - Chapter 139 : Facing That Tree On The Hill

How do you rate the chapter?

• Total voters
N

Noctis

Thats the thing i dont understand

Didnt Eren freed Ymir here ? So why was fucking Mikasa the key ?
That's not the worst part... there are way too many contradictions. I thought she needed someone to make her realize she does not belong to anyone or has to follow others and she's a person who can make her own choice but turns out, she was always free in the sense Eren made her free and she just simp for the man who enslaved her lol

Nami is too cheap showing everyone her curves and all. Robin and Hancock have more exclusive vibes to em
Post automatically merged:

Indeed, it had so many legendary moments
I just wish I can forget everything after the rumbling starts
I wish yuusuke murata make alternate ending where Eren executes his genocide real good.
Post automatically merged:

When you find out that this panel no longer makes any sense or leaves any impact. Such a powerful scene is reduced to a joke. Let that sink in.
Im more hurt because of this panel

Becomes empty and meaningless. By not fulfilling this best manga panel of all time, Eren literally has become a cup of yogurt.

Last edited:
The official dialogue changed the ending for me. Eren told Armin the same thing he told Zeke.

First letโ€™s get some things out the way:

The Ymir stuff is still bad.
Eren simping for Mikasa is pretty cringe.
Eren killing his mom is weird (but not as bad you think, will address later).

Now, hereโ€™s where the official dialogue changes things. Apparently, Eren actually did WANT to finish the rumbling. In fact, the answer he gives Armin in the official is literally the same answer he gives Zeke in the Paths chapters. โ€œI donโ€™t know... I was BORN like this.โ€

So now things get really weird. It looks like Eren both wanted to complete the rumbling AND wanted to have his friends stop him/do a Lelouch. He also tells Armin he didnโ€™t know if theyโ€™d actually stop him or not.

It looks like Eren created a situation where either heโ€™d commit omnicide or do a Lelouch and just decided let things play out. Itโ€™s weird, but that is actually MUCH more consistent with his character based on what we saw in 131.

For the mom stuff, itโ€™s not like Eren knew about it when he asked Reiner why he killed his mom. Remember, he didnโ€™t know he made his dad kill the royals until he did. Anyone who says โ€œbut why didnโ€™t Eren change __ instead...โ€ is missing the fact that it was established that AOT exists in a predestination paradox back in the Paths chapters.

All of this to say, I donโ€™t think the ending is good, just meh, but not nearly bad enough to ruin the series.