Future Events Borsalino's Future Opponent is Zoro

Who would Borsalino's opponent be from the Strawhat crew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
issue with fujitora is his ethics are very much in line with the likes of coby , smoker , garp if not better
he is not a villain to beat.
While truth, the Navy and Pirates are still antagonistic forces by definition.
It's not a matter of "they are villains to be defeated", but they could still be "enemies that one must overcome".
Obviously we have the more extremists like Akainu, but even Kizaru does his job diligently when required. I don't think the Navy will "end", considering that they are, despite the Illuminatis, a peace keeping organization throughout the world, but it's still "required" that the SH's, as a Pirate Crew, face them.

It's not a matter of "they are villains to be defeated", but they could still be "enemies that one must overcome".
Obviously we have the more extremists like Akainu, but even Kizaru does his job diligently when required. I don't think the Navy will "end", considering that they are, despite the Illuminatis, a peace keeping organization throughout the world, but it's still "required" that the SH's, as a Pirate Crew, face them.
A lot of people don't get this, that Villain and Antagonist do not mean the same thing and in this series especially, has pretty big implications because the main characters are pirates. Any "good" Marine is an Antagonist to Luffy just like the bad ones are. Smoker is a major example of this.

We'll see what Fuji does, but i do not expect him to be a complete ally off the bat. After losing will he have a change of heart? Maybe. Really depends on what Oda does here.

they will have to clash with the marines but I would have to imagine certain fighters wont be defeated....
kizaru will never come to clash with akainu's philosophy like fujitora does and for good reason
fujitroa does and will prob continue to.
Post automatically merged:

A lot of people don't get this, that Villain and Antagonist do not mean the same thing and in this series especially, has pretty big implications because the main characters are pirates. Any "good" Marine is an Antagonist to Luffy just like the bad ones are. Smoker is a major example of this.

We'll see what Fuji does, but i do not expect him to be a complete ally off the bat. After losing will he have a change of heart? Maybe. Really depends on what Oda does here.
the list of antagonist luffy had to defeat that were not aligned with morally reprehensible people is quite frankly not very long ..........
maybe hannyabal? magellan? but he didnt defeat magellan either.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
they will have to clash with the marines but I would have to imagine certain fighters wont be defeated....
kizaru will never come to clash with akainu's philosophy like fujitora does and for good reason
Depends on the context of how this confrontation is gonna happen.
The "enemy general that is awesome and good, but is too honorable to go rogue and we have to beat him" trope seems right up Fujitora's alley, ngl.

There's 0 chance there's not a faction of the marines that doesn't help luffy at the end.

The final war is world changing shit
Doesn't mean they are doing it "at first".

We need to see how everything develops first and why. I agree. I just don't agree that it happens right away. And I'm not sure if any of the admirals are directly behind Sword or not yet.

the list of antagonist luffy had to defeat that were not aligned with morally reprehensible people is quite frankly not very long ..........
maybe hannyabal? magellan? but he didnt defeat magellan either.
Luffy hasn't had to fight the Marines as main antagonists yet, that's only why. But Marineford was chock full of good Marines that Luffy had fought or clashed with. Smoker, Tashigi Koby, Hina, Garp, Sengoku and potentially Aokiji are all part of this.

It's important that we really wait for that distinction. Will people turn on the Marines/WG early on? Mid War? Never? We can't know until we know

issue with fujitora is his ethics are very much in line with the likes of coby , smoker , garp if not better
he is not a villain to beat.
Luffy vs Katakuri is a good example of what I am talking about. Kata was a good guy, but due to his position, he had to oppose Luffy.
Whitebeard was a good guy, but due to his position, he had to oppose roger in god valley

I don't think having ethics automatically makes fujitora an ally. The SHs have enough powerful allies with Shanks and Dragon. They don't fujitora on top of that.

There's 0 chance there's not a faction of the marines that doesn't help luffy at the end.

The final war is world changing shit
sure

but imo it won't be as obvious as "every marine who has decent moral standards supports Luffy". No wars are ever that simple and tbh it would be kinda shit writing if Oda went that route.

Like Koby deadass resolved to kill Luffy in marineford and he's Luffy's biggest fanboy in the marines

Luffy vs Katakuri is a good example of what I am talking about. Kata was a good guy, but due to his position, he had to oppose Luffy.
Whitebeard was a good guy, but due to his position, he had to oppose roger in god valley

I don't think having ethics automatically makes fujitora an ally. The SHs have enough powerful allies with Shanks and Dragon. They don't fujitora on top of that.

sure

but imo it won't be as obvious as "every marine who has decent moral standards supports Luffy". No wars are ever that simple and tbh it would be kinda shit writing if Oda went that route.

Like Koby deadass resolved to kill Luffy in marineford and he's Luffy's biggest fanboy in the marines
you have no idea the circumstances in god valley
there was already a lot of infighting in the crew
saying he opposed roger there might be a stretch

you have pointed out the difference yourself , katakuri still did big mom's bidding
will fujitora follow akainu's when it comes to the strawhats???
we'll have to see

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

sure

Marineford isn't uprooting 1000 year old tyranny
Final war will be WORLD WAR there will be armies from alabasta fishman Island wano elbaf dressrosa etc all fighting on luffys side

The truth will be out against the wg

Fuji smoker coby will turn

I think he will probably trust the Revo's intentions just like feel some Marines in Coby not liking Akainu's Absolute Justice and maybe play neutral party or even assist them in order to subvert the order. 🤔
I dont think he will betray WG because of Akainu. He will betray them because all the bad things they are gonna do after Wano.

Alabasta, Dressrosa and the other allies needs a reason to attack the WG and WG will go great cleaning to get Pluton. After seeing those Fuji will open his eyes and he will help the Strawhats.