Anime Discussion Code Geass thread

Who is your favourite character?

• Total voters
D

Dragomir

After watching some reactions to Code Geass, which essentially serves as rewatch of the show for me, I really must say, Code Geass is one of the greatest animes of all time. That being said, I haven't watched much anime in my life so I'm kinda speaking out of turn here, but out of all I have watched so far, CG ranks as my favorite. It's GOATED. Upon watching the reactions and subsequently the show at the same time, I've done some reworking on my favorites list.

First of all, Lelouch is now top 1 for me. Not just in the whole show, he's been there. But of all anime protagonists. And tbh, of all anime characters too. Originally I had Guts as my top 1 for all manga/anime but Lelouch man, I love him. I fucking love him. Here are some of my favorite scenes from him:

Lelouch becomes Emperor.

Lelouch checkmates Schneizel.

Emperor Lelouch's Proclamation.
(Couldn't find the sub version but the dub isn't half-bad either)

So many great scenes in this show, I could go on and on about my faves but those are just a few to get you an idea lol. Next after bumping Lelouch in my all-time favorites list, comes a lot of changes to my top 5 in CG.
1. Lelouch
2. Schneizel
3. Jeremiah
4. Cornelia
5. Suzaku

Suzaku is the most interesting one for me here because I actually hated him when I first watched the show. I just couldn't stand him and his logic. But someway somehow, this show made me like Suzaku during the last 5 episodes of Suzaku. Let's not get it twisted, I still don't agree with Suzaku's ideals or really like his character prior to S2 E20. He was just too annoying for me. But DAMN, when Lelouch became Emperor and Suzaku came down with that spin move. I was oh, okay, now we talking. Suzaku in episodes 23-25 was GOATED. He should have joined Lelouch from the very start. It's not just Suzaku who was redeemed for me, but Rolo too. When he killed Shirley, I was like this man's gotta go. I was a hard shipper of Lelouch x Shirley and he straight up annihilated that. Not to mention, he was about to kill Nunnally just to ensure he stays closest to Lelouch's heart. I wasn't feeling all that. But man, his death put me in tears. I felt really bad for him in the end and I honestly don't hate him anymore because, through his death, I was able to understand the inner turmoil residing within him.

It's not just because of Lelouch that I rank CG as my favorite anime, but also that ending. Even though I haven't watched that much anime, I think y'all can agree with me on this: Zero Requiem is single-handily the greatest ending of all time (in manga/anime history of course). I don't know how if there's any other series that could surpass that. It was perfect. Absolute perfection.

Code Geass...

Also, @Zoro D Goat bro you voted for everyone in the poll. You can't be telling me you like everybody now. Like Nina of all people? :whitepress:

After watching some reactions to Code Geass, which essentially serves as rewatch of the show for me, I really must say, Code Geass is one of the greatest animes of all time. That being said, I haven't watched much anime in my life so I'm kinda speaking out of turn here, but out of all I have watched so far, CG ranks as my favorite. It's GOATED. Upon watching the reactions and subsequently the show at the same time, I've done some reworking on my favorites list.

First of all, Lelouch is now top 1 for me. Not just in the whole show, he's been there. But of all anime protagonists. And tbh, of all anime characters too. Originally I had Guts as my top 1 for all manga/anime but Lelouch man, I love him. I fucking love him. Here are some of my favorite scenes from him:

Lelouch becomes Emperor.

So many great scenes in this show, I could go on and on about my faves but those are just a few to get you an idea lol. Next after bumping Lelouch in my all-time favorites list, comes a lot of changes to my top 5 in CG.
1. Lelouch
2. Schneizel
3. Jeremiah
4. Cornelia
5. Suzaku

Suzaku is the most interesting one for me here because I actually hated him when I first watched the show. I just couldn't stand him and his logic. But someway somehow, this show made me like Suzaku during the last 5 episodes of Suzaku. Let's not get it twisted, I still don't agree with Suzaku's ideals or really like his character prior to S2 E20. He was just too annoying for me. But DAMN, when Lelouch became Emperor and Suzaku came down with that spin move. I was oh, okay, now we talking. Suzaku in episodes 23-25 was GOATED. He should have joined Lelouch from the very start. It's not just Suzaku who was redeemed for me, but Rolo too. When he killed Shirley, I was like this man's gotta go. I was a hard shipper of Lelouch x Shirley and he straight up annihilated that. Not to mention, he was about to kill Nunnally just to ensure he stays closest to Lelouch's heart. I wasn't feeling all that. But man, his death put me in tears. I felt really bad for him in the end and I honestly don't hate him anymore because, through his death, I was able to understand the inner turmoil residing within him.

It's not just because of Lelouch that I rank CG as my favorite anime, but also that ending. Even though I haven't watched that much anime, I think y'all can agree with me on this: Zero Requiem is single-handily the greatest ending of all time (in manga/anime history of course). I don't know how if there's any other series that could surpass that. It was perfect. Absolute perfection.

Code Geass...

Also, @Zoro D Goat bro you voted for everyone in the poll. You can't be telling me you like everybody now. Like Nina of all people? :whitepress:

What's wrong with liking Nina? She was actually pretty cool towards the end and had a ton of character development. She went from somebody who hated the Japanese (which is somewhat understandable given her upbringing as a Britannian and the fact that the Japanese army held her and her friends hostage + killed Euphie, who she admired) and was driven by revenge to somebody who genuinely wanted to atone for what she has done and make the world a better place.
Post automatically merged:

Great series, Lelouch and Suzaku are amazing characters. And why nunally is in the poll? I can't believe there's someone who likes her, she's just a plot tool. :sus:

Also, for those who watched the Akito OVAs, are they good?
Yes, they are. Akito and Laila are really cool. It's also world building since it takes place in European countries. I would say they're even better than the original series at times.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž

Lelouch becomes Emperor.

1. Lelouch
2. Schneizel
3. Jeremiah
4. Cornelia
5. Suzaku

Code Geass...

Lelouch is the GOAT. I like him more each time I rewatch it lmao.

What's wrong with liking Nina?
The table scene FLowa.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Nina, Nunally, and Rolo in the poll but not Tohdo or Li Xingke? Wtf were you smoking when you made that poll @Light D Lamperouge ?
Lmao, I could barely remember characters after like the first 10.

I am on phone now so @Dragomir or @Natalija could you add those names and the other ones mentioned earlier?

Lelouch becomes Emperor.

1. Lelouch
2. Schneizel
3. Jeremiah
4. Cornelia
5. Suzaku

Code Geass...

I felt the same about Suzaku before, but after a couple of years and a rewatch, I came to understand him a lot better?

Now for me he's barely behind Lulu.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
โ€Ž
Great series. Lelouch is hands down one of the best protagonists in anime/manga. He accomplishes so much, and changes in meaningful ways. His sacrifice was one of a leader. And while it seems convenient that world peace can be attained in such a straightforward manner, it works within the context of the series', where most characters tended to fight for what they saw as just rather than purely malicious.

Kallen was easily my favorite, though. There was no one in the series more genuine in their intent than her. And she used those feelings for her friends and family in Japan to become its strongest defender. Her rocky relationship with Lelouch was one of the series' strongest points. It was fascinating to see the lengths and change going through Kallen once she learned to trust Lelouch. But in true Lelouch fashion, he keeps his burdens to himself in the end, and Kallen goes on with life with that knowledge.