Status
Not open for further replies.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
β€Ž
I think both Flower and I earned any trust we received from this Town. It is *literally* just Ekkologix here, but this is what I said to Fuji earlier - the takeaway won't be that most of the Indie claims in this game were helpful to Town - arguably to a fault - but that one Indie claim actively worked against the Town at the end, so all Indies must be bad.
I think it's ultimately comes down to "it's easy to seed negativity than positivity in the mind"

I have often noticed that one bad experience with indie and people involved will develop negative mindset against them and will hard push them next game.

Same thing applies in case of positive experience but negative experience out weighs it. More so during the last few hours of the phase.

The problem intensifies when people don't care to read and relies on summaries or simply skimmimg the thread at fast pace.

Peroroncino

πŸ…·πŸ…°πŸ…»πŸ…° πŸ…ΌπŸ…°πŸ…³πŸ†πŸ…ΈπŸ…³
β€Ž
I think it's ultimately comes down to "it's easy to seed negativity than positivity in the mind"

I have often noticed that one bad experience with indie and people involved will develop negative mindset against them and will hard push them next game.

Same thing applies in case of positive experience but negative experience out weighs it. More so during the last few hours of the phase.

The problem intensifies when people don't care to read and relies on summaries or simply skimmimg the thread at fast pace.
what happens when they fook you over every game? :josad:

Reborn

β€Ž
i am an innocent victim, why did i deserve to get shot by my indie guardian angel in star wars for example?
I don't even remember who played star wars game lol

Well you have to ask your guardian angel this question that what compelled them to do so

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
β€Ž
i am an innocent victim, why did i deserve to get shot by my indie guardian angel in star wars for example?
So can you explain to me how you being shot was endemic of TAC being an Indie, as opposed to, say, a misplay from TAC? Because I think if the point you're making is that all players who roll Indie will go out of their way to abuse trust given in them, you're going to have a very hard time proving it there, because you'd have to argue that TAC was deliberately playing against his wincon in order to abuse said trust, simply for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Peroroncino

β€Ž
So can you explain to me how you bring shot was endemic of TAC being an Indie, as opposed to, say, a misplay from TAC? Because I think if the point you're making is that all players who roll Indie will go out of their way to abuse trust given in them, you're going to have a very hard time proving it there, because you'd have to argue that TAC was deliberately playing against his wincon in order to abuse said trust, simply for the sake of it.
all i care about is the fact there's always an indie out there trying to ruin my game even when their wincon relies on my survival.
A game town lost cause an indie decided to side with scum which left even the host baffled.
And that was the second game in a row that happened.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
β€Ž
all i care about is the fact there's always an indie out there trying to ruin my game even when their wincon relies on my survival.
A game town lost cause an indie decided to side with scum which left even the host baffled.
Yes but this is an awfully reductionist argument, where you divorce your statements from all context. For example, said Indie also lost, was coerced by the Mafia to side with them, and was not able to account for several factors in a game in which the town was, truly, abysmal. You seem to be expecting playing to throw the game out of some sense of loyalty to the Town, a loyalty that hasn't ever really been earned may I add, and then act incredulous when they don't go even further to assist the Town. It's a nonsensical standard.

What I don't understand is that all of these situations have been discussed to death, with it explained that no, the Indie did not just decide to side against the Town because it'd be funny, you don't really counter these explanations and then, when the topic comes back up again, you repeat all the same talking points as if the original discussion(s) had never happened. Ekko, in this game, is a perfect example of what you cite. He's the *only* one that applies. The next one would be further back, at Weebs 2022, where the players in question were not even Indie for the most part.

Peroroncino

β€Ž
Yes but this is an awfully reductionist argument, where you divorce your statements from all context. For example, said Indie also lost, was coerced by the Mafia to side with them, and was not able to account for several factors in a game in which the town was, truly, abysmal. You seem to be expecting playing to throw the game out of some sense of loyalty to the Town, a loyalty that hasn't ever really been earned may I add, and then act incredulous when they don't go even further to assist the Town. It's a nonsensical standard.

What I don't understand is that all of these situations have been discussed to death, with it explained that no, the Indie did not just decide to side against the Town because it'd be funny, you don't really counter these explanations and then, when the topic comes back up again, you repeat all the same talking points as if the original discussion(s) had never happened. Ekko, in this game, is a perfect example of what you cite. He's the *only* one that applies. The next one would be further back, at Weebs 2022, where the players in question were not even Indie for the most part.
yes they have no loyalty to town, hence why they are vig material, no need to let them fck up town because one player has an easier wincon anymore.
It happens over and over again, and a pattern has formed. Indies are lucky i never get roles with kills

Reborn

β€Ž
I can understand that it's irritating and the skeptcism you have against indies.

But what you experienced has more to do with bad game play from players

Imo you should ask those players why they backstabbed you. If their answers address your queries then all well and good and if not then your skepticism should be directed against those players and not indies as a role.

And, if you are not willing to ask them the questions to address doubts in your mind then your skepticism against indies is anyway ill-founded

Peroroncino

β€Ž
I can understand that it's irritating and the skeptcism you have against indies.

But what you experienced has more to do with bad game play from players

Imo you should ask those players why they backstabbed you. If their answers address your queries then all well and good and if not then your skepticism should be directed against those players and not indies as a role.

And, if you are not willing to ask them the questions to address doubts in your mind then your skepticism against indies is anyway ill-founded
i find myself repeatedly losing games due to the actions of indies one player makes my team lose the whole damn game , like i said a pattern has formed and that pattern formed for a reason, i simply took notice of it.
When the actions of one indie player makes my team lose repeatedly they become more dangerous than any scum and should be put down.

Status
Not open for further replies.