Fanclub Critics Club

Poll #1 — Which Arc is Worse?

• Total voters
What stakes? Everyone escaped WCI completely fine.

Still hoping Jinbore dies early due to no more lifespan
WCI did felt a bit more dangerous compared to the Wano war.

A war against two Yonko's should be really dangerous but Oda failed to show the danger, stuff like the fake deaths, Tama, and others ruined the tension and danger for the war.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the Wano war but at the same time I didn't feel any sense of tension or danger.

Also stop with the Jinbe hate, you fucking racist.:tchpepe:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Can't believe I haven't posted here more.

It is a common agreement among the fanbase that Act 2: Udon was the worst part about Wano, and I have to say they are correct. Act 2 is like a culmination of all the problems in Wano or even the timeskip itself.

The entire plot of Udon hinges on a massive plot hole and contrivances. Up until his first fight with Luffy, Kaido was portrayed as someone who kills anyone who can't give him what he wants; his murderous temper was the ultimate leverage Law used against Doflamingo. Kaido had repeatedly expressed his anger and desire to kill Luffy and when Kaido knocked Luffy out he....suddenly allows Luffy to live, aiming to turn Luffy into a reliable soldier by breaking his spirit.

This makes no sense as the supposed battle crazed warmonger Kaido of all people should know how stubborn COC users are. There hasn't been the slightest bit of evidence of Kaido ever succeeding in breaking a conqueror, and we have non COC user Kawamatsu flying by for 13 years. Not only that, despite Kaido leaving Luffy and Kidd alive to break their spirits, Queen so easily tries to kill them. Was there a communication error between them?

Then we have Queen allowing Luffy to learn ACOA right in front of him when he ahould know thats a very bad idea(remember that Queen is a 20+ year veteran who has defeated many masters of COA and lives in a place where ACOA users are plentiful).

Worst part is Tama taming the gifters infront of everyone(including Kiku, Raizo, Kawamatsu and Chopper) and NO ONE bothered to inform the others of her ability? NO ONE thought it would be useful? They just charged into Onigashma head first without a plan which is another major plot hole and contrivance.

G

Gorosei Informer

This is like home/paradise/Eden/sanctuary for me, please sign me up lol.
Post automatically merged:

Also stop with the Jinbe hate, you fucking racist.:tchpepe:
@solis you know what to do
Post automatically merged:

i'll never forgive Oda for making one of the most recent interesting woman in One Piece claim she's a man
Also making the only "female samurai" a man. I mean I love the trans representation but typical of misogynist D Oda to clown on female swordswomen as usual like with Tashigi, Smoothie and Amande.

There are different times where I read One Piece and think that Oda’s set up is good but his execution needs work.

My biggest gripe is Big Mom in Wano. In Zou, Zoro tells Luffy that he needs to let Sanji handle his own affairs because they will be confronting Kaido soon. It’s not a smart idea to divide forces and piss off two yonkos. Of course, Oda sends half the SHs to WCI where they proceed to successfully piss off Big Mom.

Then Big Mom and her crew arrive at Wano. We got Roof Piece, which I personally enjoyed. The problem is now Oda is making the Big Mom pirates inept and incompetent. Why are they still trapped in a waterfall? Luffy also said during FI that he would kick Big Mom all over the New World, yet he didn’t have anything to do with her in Wano. On top of that, Oda tells us that both Big Mom and Kidd have CoC, but neither one of them uses it during their fight? Doesn’t Big Mom have advCoC or am I making that up? I love Luffy but Oda is clearly afraid of letting his rivals shine. Kidd and Law get awakening and Luffy gets advanced haki and awakening. I think the Big Mom fight would have made more sense if Kidd unlocked advCoC and dealt the final blow.

Another idea is that Big Mom shouldn’t have gone to Wano, but Oda should have done a cover story of Big Mom and her crew heading to Elbaf. Then Kaido would have gone through the gauntlet fighting the samurai, the worst generation, and finally Luffy in a 1v.1. I liked seeing Kidd’s maturity when he released it’s better to separate Kaido and Big Mom, but I also think that Oda spent so much time building up a conflict between Kaido and Kidd that just fizzled out. I think the big problem was how Oda was going to write Big Mom’s defeat.

It’s no surprise to anyone that fights are not Oda’s forte. But his main problem is that he focuses a disproportionate amount on Luffy’s fights compared to everyone else. It’s been established that haki grows during tough battles. So when Luffy fights Katakuri, he unlocks FS after several hours. Furthermore in Wano, he gets severely beaten by Kaido several times before unlocking advCoC and advCoA.

However, Zoro fights King in Wano and beats him in 30 minutes tops. Sanji likewise with Queen. Since Oda also wastes panels on unnecessary moments, he ends up rushing through fights that aren’t Luffy’s. All of a sudden half the fandom claims that Zoro and Sanji’s fights are full of asspulls. While the other half claims that Luffy is a clown and doesn’t deserve to be called a top tier.

Sometimes the fandom tends to forget that Luffy only becomes serious when he fights a difficult opponent. They also fail to recognize that Oda would constantly show Zoro training during the pre time skip. This could be a reason why Zoro’s able to handle an opponent like King faster than Luffy could handle Katakuri.

Sanji does train but Oda didn’t depict his training on panel the same way as Zoro’s training. However, Sanji does know haki and his family lineage gives him a boost when fighting strong opponents. I still wonder if Oda realized that post time skip Sanji was falling behind, so he decided to boost him with the power of science?

TL;DR: Oda over focusing on Luffy’s fights have caused the fandom to constantly debate power levels because Oda can’t be bothered to give anyone else the same treatment as his protagonist.

I just found this thread,and i need to post here.
Shitty country arc(This is the slandering nickname i created for wano.) completed OP's descent into worthlessness.
I no longer have emotional attachment to OP. I've accepted that its ending will suck.
Lolda himself said he doesn't care about critics,he just wants freedom to fool around. It's pointless to expect him to change when he doesn't want to change.
But i got over that disappointment. I've dedicated the last months to delving deeper into the manga industry. Now i understand why people on internet say that manga are the future of the comics industry,and i'm excited about the idea.
My current favorite ongoing manga is Sakamoto Days. Everyone in this thread should try it. It delivers everything OP doesn't: Interesting plot,well-rounded cast,villains written with respect and more.
It's a huge crime that a low quality product like OP is the face of the manga industry. The mission of exposing to the world what a fraud OP is falls to the following types of people:
-Authors who are more talented than Lolda,who can write better quality stories,and thus make OP ashamed of its sloppy writing.
-Readers who have the intelligence to recognize how bad OP is,and thus can help more gullible people who are mesmerized by OP's buffoonery learn the rules of truly good writing.
@Topi Jerami @Natalija @Lion of Olympus @Cross_Marian @Uncle Van @RayanOO
@Den_Den_Mushi @style @RiShin @Monkey D. Luffy @JoNdule @Elder Lee Hung
@dirtyLarry