Controversial Did Luffy's punches hurt Kizaru? Official translations conflicting interpretations

Did Luffy's punches hurt Kizaru?

• Total voters
Ngl Kizaru doesn’t seem to be living up to thusb "Ultimate Defence" talk with Sento

Are we to assume Kizaru was just using luffy's toon punches as a way to just lay down and console his depression , (which is unlikely given he stabbed Vegapunk), and just repeat thw process.

Ngl Kizaru doesn’t seem to be living up to thusb "Ultimate Defence" talk with Sento

Are we to assume Kizaru was just using luffy's toon punches as a way to just lay down and console his depression , (which is unlikely given he stabbed Vegapunk), and just repeat thw process.
Honestly even though it pained Kizaru to do it he ultimately is still that cog in the machine and will/did complete his mission by stabbing and killing vegapunk I don’t see much wrong with that logic heck he even closes his eyes right before shooting the laser that sanji blocks.

Are we to assume Kizaru was just using luffy's toon punches as a way to just lay down and console his depression
Yes pretty much. Its not like he wants to get beaten on porpuse, its just that he is emotionally shattered in a way that he doesnt care about being hit - especially not by attacks he knows arent doing much to him. Kizaru staying down on the ship unscratched covering his eyes is basically confirmation for that.

Sometimes phyisical pain can be good to calm down psychological pain.

NO, its the wrong passage! The plural is about the "You keep coming back no matter what I do" in the official translation of all languages.

Garp the Fist actually messed up here cause he translated the two passages that were already clear to everyone since they are translated like that in the official translations too.
It's pretty clear that Luffy only really meant Saturn there. See here:

Right after the line about seeing whether he'll bounce back from Dawn Cymbal, he then says "HOW COME NOTHING I DO DAMAGES HIM?!", not even "them", but "him".
And that's obviously addressing Saturn only.
So you think of it this way, doesn't it make more sense that he's referencing Saturn only?