Theory Dragon is Xebec's son.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I am thinking about Dragon.
I skipped through it, not sure what the thread creator said specifically about Dragon-Garp relationship but I think Dragon was never fostered by Garp. As mentioned, he would have been 17 when Rocks fell. He married Garp's daughter and took her surname to avoid being hunted by WG at a young age. Garp may have had part in it but we will see.

Well...If he is rocks son (17 when god vally incident happened) , then why BM and Kaido didn't mentioned it ?
Whole world knows Luffy is Dragons son and even his pics are available in public.
Yet BM recognized Luffy as Garps grandson
Because Dragon reinvented himself as Monkey D. Dragon. He probably looked alot different 38 years ago. Look what happened to Denjiro.
Post automatically merged:

I posted a similar theory on mangaspoiler. When Luffy finally saw Dragon's picture he said "He looks nothing like me". Oda went through the trouble of hiding Garp's face early One Piece because he didn't want people to make the connection since they looked similar and yet he showed us Dragon on full view.

If he truly is Rocks' grandson then it would make Shirohoshi's prophecy also make sense. They said she'll meet someone who will influence her to walk down a good path or a bad path. Originally I thought it meant the person she was destined to meet was Luffy and Blackbeard but Luffy met her first.

Luffy might have also inherited Rocks will but because of the people who influenced him he became someone else. Dragon may have taken a conscious decision to not meet Luffy until he had decided what king of man he'd be, a choice his father never gave him.

Last edited:
No.
Luffy is Garp's copy.
This doesn't imply anything. OP isn't saying Luffy isn't related to Garp. Hes just saying that Luffys mother was Garps daughter, while Dragon was just taken in and fell in love with his daughter.

Aka, the really point of the theory is that Dragon was related to Rocks, but was Garp's son in law after the fact. We'd know soon enough, because either he would have been with Rocks on his ship, or existed om God Valley because Rocks lover was a Tenryuubito or something.

Basically the tree would look like this:

Grandmother - Rocks | Garp - Grandmother
\ /
Dragon - Mother
\ /
Luffy​

Not saying its possible, but recall that Oda has never let Garp call Dragon his "son". Hes only referred to him as Luffy's father. By contrast, Garp has called Luffy his "Grandson".

It seems Garp is more offended by Luffy being a pirate, than Dragon being a revolutionary, which seems to be way worse in One Piece's world since actively trying taking down the WG seems to net Dragon to be the world's most dangerous/wanted man. This makes sense more of Dragon wasnt Garps blood.

Why? Oda catching the audience off guard with this twist would he mindblowing imo.
It might add a lot, Luffy in a way inheriting Rocks' will, Luffy's mother and her connection to all this, his grandmothers and potential link to cd..
It could add so much imho
I don’t really care for it as a twist
Why does rocks will even matter if Luffy gonna oppose the world government anyway
Pretty sure Blackbeard has his will
If I remember correctly rocks wanted to be king of the world which we know is pretty much the opposite of Luffy
Didn’t Oda say Luffys mum won’t appear in the story? I might be wrong on that
Also I’m looking forward to the Garp and dragon confrontation and this kind of subtracts from that

I can see it happening but I kind of hate it

B

Ballel

I don’t really care for it as a twist
Why does rocks will even matter if Luffy gonna oppose the world government anyway
Pretty sure Blackbeard has his will
If I remember correctly rocks wanted to be king of the world which we know is pretty much the opposite of Luffy
Didn’t Oda say Luffys mum won’t appear in the story? I might be wrong on that
Also I’m looking forward to the Garp and dragon confrontation and this kind of subtracts from that

I can see it happening but I kind of hate it
It happens a lot that someone's will is not entirely 100% inherited by one person more like the will 'transforms' a bit over time, or that several people inherit different aspects of that will.
As far as weknow, Blackbeard is the ine who copies Xebec the most and "knowingly" inherits the guy's will.
As for the confrontation with Garp, this can still happen if Luffy's mother comes into play.

Oda didn't say he won't show her. I think he referred to Luffy's parent(s) only, if I remember correctly.
He could easily mean Dadan as Luffy's mother. She is closest to a mother figure to him and it goes well with one of One Piece's major motives , that family is not determined by blood rather than emotional bonds.