Powers & Abilities Eating don't make Luffy recover

luffy gets stronger by just pumping air into his bones and muscles, saying that food doesn't provide him any significant bonus is a wrong.

luffy's body react differently to food compared to the rest of one piece characters, drinking milk instantly regenerates his tooth, he digests massive amounts of food in a matter of seconds.

food restores luffy's health.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Ok guys since Luffy cameback we saw people saying Luffy fully recover his health when eated.

Eating have a limited effect on Luffy.
When he heats and only under some conditions Luffy can recover and not entirely.

We will go with the most recent counter example
When Luffy finished to fight Katakuri he was hungry and in bad shape.
He had some time but didn't eat. We know that food were present in mirror world.
When he came back on the boat he didn't eat either.
In this case he slept.

Same thing after MF on rusukaina if I remember correctly, on W7, on Alabasta and in Thriller bark
Hence eating isn't enough he need to sleep and eat.
He took a nap while taking a bath,
he took a bite while taking a shite.
Try some other excuse because he did all of it. :cheers:

here's some interesting examples of how luffy's body react to food:

the reactions:
nami: "is that really how the human body works?"
pege's underling: "how the heck do your bodies work?"
katakuri's servants: "is that...how the human body work?"

He took a nap while taking a bath,
he took a bite while taking a shite.
Try some other excuse because he did all of it. :cheers:
Water weakens DF users. Law's crew said "Is he even alive in chapter 1013"
So how him being throwing in the sea helped him ?
Post automatically merged:

here's some interesting examples of how luffy's body react to food:

the reactions:
nami: "is that really how the human body works?"
pege's underling: "how the heck do your bodies work?"
katakuri's servants: "is that...how the human body work?"

Luffy : "G4 uses a lot of energy" So Luffy implied food give him back his energy not health.
He eat and got back energy/strenght but not health.
Still no proofs eating give Luffy's heals.

Luffy : "G4 uses a lot of energy" So Luffy implied food give him back his energy not health.
luffy digests massive amounts of food faster, to restore energy faster. meat heals him and sweet food restores his energy.
a single sip of milk restored his missing tooth.
luffy simply has a weird body.

you can't say food doesn't make luffy recover when there's multiple canon events that proves the opposite.

N

Noctis

meat for luffy=zoro mink drug
it brought back luffy to full power but unlike zoro he doesnt have a drawback
Can your favorite food recover your entire health, damage you took? If that was the case why Luffy even needed Law or chopper ever after his fights to heal him if meat does the trick for him?

While we know Zoro got his health back entirely because they straight up said that

That was wrong translations from the tcb, viz says nothing about Luffy being on his last legs only Kaido is mentioned to be weakening
Viz was wrong on this. The Japanese has no mention of "danger" in that text box, but does have "barely".
They did this for flow, not powerscaling, because viz don't care about powerscaling, try to be a little bit intellectually honest, to claim that viz always gets it right (in terms of powerscaling) is complete bullshit.

Viz was wrong on this. The Japanese has no mention of "danger" in that text box, but does have "barely".
They did this for flow, not powerscaling, because viz don't care about powerscaling, try to be a little bit intellectually honest, to claim that viz always gets it right (in terms of powerscaling) is complete bullshit.
Viz is more reliable than fan translations i don't read the Japanese raws :cheers:
We can't use that as an excuse either after all Kaido has been through. Zoro was handling a sword that was constantly trying to drain and kill him but did anybody care about that

Last edited:
Viz is more reliable than fan translations i don't read the Japanese raws :cheers:
We can't use that as an excuse either after all Kaido has been through. Zoro was handling a sword that was constantly trying to drain and kill him but did anybody care about that
Why aren't you calling him Zolo if Viz is more "reliable" than Japanese?
Hypocrite.

Why you cutted the sentence in his middle ?
He took a spear in the chest against Katakuri didn't eat and was fighting even better after that.

I Already said this but as you don't read.
Now explain how eating can entirely makes him recover from his wounds ?

Luffy loosed his Haki against Katakuri, Doflamingo, Cracker and so on it was never stated eating decreased his Haki loss Time limit.
That's an headcannon of your own.
When he losed his haki in DR he said to Gatz that he need to wait 10min not eat.

If you could read you will have understand that he got energy back not health. His wounds are still there
... Look, guy. I tried to be easy and give your initial statement the benefit of a doubt to explain what we actually see even if you want to believe that. But if you want to make an incoherent argument that nit-picks my first language's nuances with what I guess is your second language, then I'll just make it plain.

LuFfY dOeSn'T hEaL wItH fOoD

:risicheck:
Power, energy, stamina, health... the slight difference between words is worthless. Luffy's ability to fight his best is tied to nourishment and rest. I could drag your monkey ass back to volume one but it's not even necessary.