Elden Ring

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
This Nightrider Glaive build is rapidly turning into a magma faith build lmfao. Magma Wyrm Scale Sword + Magma Wyrm Dragon Communion. I even came up with a backstory and everything lmfao.

It’s crazy, if I do a build around a particular weapon or play style, the chances that I’ll lose interest in it are 50/50. But if I do a build with its own lore and shit, I get hooked enough to see it through lmfao. This’ll definitely be the build I do the DLC on.

@Blackbeard @EmperorKinyagi @Uncle Van @Jaguark101 @Sentinel

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
This Nightrider Glaive build is rapidly turning into a magma faith build lmfao. Magma Wyrm Scale Sword + Magma Wyrm Dragon Communion. I even came up with a backstory and everything lmfao.

It’s crazy, if I do a build around a particular weapon or play style, the chances that I’ll lose interest in it are 50/50. But if I do a build with its own lore and shit, I get hooked enough to see it through lmfao. This’ll definitely be the build I do the DLC on.

Lol same issue here. I was making a Crucible Kngiht build and went through hell beating the Crucible Duo for the armor and weapon. Even killed Nehpeli, Alexander and Milicent for this build. Why the hell am I using the Marias Executioner Sword? Lol

What's the seal you're equipping?

And in general, which seal do you think scales best with STR, i just don't get how all these youtubers' L1-L2 spam can just eradicate bosses without any melee at all lol.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
What's the seal you're equipping?

And in general, which seal do you think scales best with STR, i just don't get how all these youtubers' L1-L2 spam can just eradicate bosses without any melee at all lol.
I’ll be using the dragon communion seal once I get it lol.

And I really don’t know much about seals, I could tell you a lot about sorcery but I need to research the seals.

@Lee Ba Shou @TheKnightOfTheSea @Blackbeard @Uncle Van

Just a heads up, real spoilers for Shadow of the Erdtree are going to start popping up moving forward.

The collector's edition has started shipping to stores, which means the OST list and artbook are out in the world.

One look at the OST list will completely spoil the DLC.

Be carerful.

You think the dlc could increase the levelcap beyond 713 though.

I’m pretty sure you hit softcaps at most stats at like 60, raising level caps wouldn’t even do anything lol
Softcap for vigor should at least be 80, like strength.

I know you're supposed to get fucked over and over again in soul games before getting rewarded for patience, but it really baffles me how Fromsoftware allows you to level 39 times beyond 60 without any remotely good gain from it.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Just started my first playthrough, for some reason I can only do an R2 attack/ skill attack when I’m blocking
Why is that a thing?
Blocking is R1. If the shield says "No skill", then R2 will be the right hand weapon skill. The shield needs something called an ash of war. Some shields you find already have an ash of war including the parry.

Blocking is R1. If the shield says "No skill", then R2 will be the right hand weapon skill. The shield needs something called an ash of war. Some shields you find already have an ash of war including the parry.
You mean L1?

So in DS3, suppose I’m wearing a sword and a shield
L1 - block
L2 - Skill/ parry
R1 - fast attack
R2 - heavy attack

In ER, if I want to perform a heavy R2 attack, or an L2 skill attack, I have to press L1 (block) first. Does that make sense?

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
You mean L1?

So in DS3, suppose I’m wearing a sword and a shield
L1 - block
L2 - Skill/ parry
R1 - fast attack
R2 - heavy attack

In ER, if I want to perform a heavy R2 attack, or an L2 skill attack, I have to press L1 (block) first. Does that make sense?
Oh yeah it's L1. But no you don't have to block first for anything. L2 is simply weapon skill. The shield you have must have the parry skill equipped and there are multiple you can find(shield bash, kick etc). If your shield has a skill, you have to 2 hand your weapon to use its skill(unless the shield has no skill).

Word of advice: don't rely too much of blocking. Priroitze dodge timing. Many enemies can gaurd break you if you have low stamina.

Oh yeah it's L1. But no you don't have to block first for anything. L2 is simply weapon skill. The shield you have must have the parry skill equipped and there are multiple you can find(shield bash, kick etc). If your shield has a skill, you have to 2 hand your weapon to its skill(unless the shield has no skill).

Word of advice: don't rely too much of blocking. Priroitze dodge timing. Many enemies can gaurd break you if you have low stamina.
Maybe it’s a problem with the key bindings? I barely started the game so have no skill on my shield, and I still can’t R2/ skill without pressing L1 prior
Though I didn’t change anything, default DS4windows controller setup

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Maybe it’s a problem with the key bindings? I barely started the game so have no skill on my shield, and I still can’t R2/ skill without pressing L1 prior
Though I didn’t change anything, default DS4windows controller setup
Probably. Cause L1 with a shield is just blocking. L2 while holding a no skill shield should do the skill of the right hand weapon.

How many legacy dungeons do you guys think Shadow of The Erdtree will have?

So far we know about two for sure.

The main one we get a clear shot of:

The second one at the base of the fallen Erdtree that's obfuscated but clearly shown in the artbook:

I think there could be a 3rd or 4th, but the base game of Elden Ring only has 6 Legacy Dungeons, so just 2 in the DLC would check out.

How many legacy dungeons do you guys think Shadow of The Erdtree will have?

So far we know about two for sure.

The main one we get a clear shot of:

The second one at the base of the fallen Erdtree that's obfuscated but clearly shown in the artbook:

I think there could be a 3rd or 4th, but the base game of Elden Ring only has 6 Legacy Dungeons, so just 2 in the DLC would check out.
Probably 2 + some big underground dungeon like eternal cities.