Spoiler General Kingdom Spoiler

Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
So we don't get to see any of the Karin/ Manu stuff? I really don't need to see the squad, some time away from them is not a bad thing. I'm a little confused on what's happening with them though. Is the Hi Shin Unit struggling because Kyoukai isn't fighting? Is she still injured after what happened at Zhao months ago? What's this weird dream she's having? I'm gonna be honest, the more fantastical elements of Kingdom tend to lose me. I love Kyoukai as a character, but this feels like it's gonna be a repeat of that revival nonsense from last arc, and quite frankly I don't have the energy to deal with that again. Also, Kyoukai being down should not cause the entire unit to struggle, unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible until we get a summary).

I have to admit, I am a bit disappointed that the confrontation between Karin and Man U is not being shown and I cannot see a reason why it should have been skipped. Maybe there is a reason and just cannot see it but still. Lol.

Seeing Kyoukai being a main focus of this chapter is sending me immediate red flags. Kyoukai has always been the most questionably implemented notable Kingdom character in my opinion and that does not look like it is going to change anytime soon.

Full Summary by u/Yunhwaiteriyaki

After gaining control of Juuko, Wei started their invasion of Han in order to expand their territory to the west. On the other hand, Qin started to focus all their forces on Zhao, since they didn't have to worry about getting attacked by Wei. The soldiers that were stationed near Wei have all returned and started to participate in Zhao frontline. Qin's plan was to take down Kantan in 3 years and bring Zhao to its knees.

After hearing about the Qin-Wei alliance, Zhao reinforced their forces and the frontline between Qin and Zhao became a fierce battlefield. In this long stretched stalemate, there were 2 armies in Qin, who were showing great offensiveness. The first was Gakuka Army. Zhao forces who were facing Gakuka army were losing repeatedly and the zhao general is surprised at how strong Gakuka army is. He says, "H..How is this possible. We did get our information about Gakuka army from Shukai plains. Although it's true that Mouten did become a general and the size of their army got bigger, this is just...they are way too stronger than us!" General Mouten is seen giving commands to various forces. His talent really bloomed after becoming a general and directing 10,000 soldiers. And there was another reason why Gakuka army was able to evolve. And that was due to Lieutenant Aisen, who was recently transferred from Moubu's army. Unlike his appearance, he was a battle fanatic and the might of his forces were great. Due to this new addition, Gakuka Army finally got their hands on martial might, which was the only thing that has been missing in the army. Another army that was winning was Gyouku Hou Army. Just like Mouten, Ouhon also became a general and the fact that he had 10,000 soldiers under him enabled him to use various strategies and tactics, which made his army much sharper. And there was a strong addition to Gyouku Hou Army as well. That was Akakin, who transferred from Akou army along with 3k soldiers. Akakin ignored Ouhon's commands and decides to go deeper, to which Ouhon says to leave him alone, since he performs better when he has certain degree of freedom. Kanjou says that Gyouku Hou Army is strong enough to become part of the main force in Ousen Army. And they will only get stronger from here on out. The stalemate started to break due to these two armies and Zhao had no choice but to keep send reinforcements to face them.

However, there was the one and only force in Qin who was getting pushed back by Zhao: The Hi Shin Army. Karyoten says she knows why they are struggling and Suugen says he is sorry. Shin tells him don't be sorry and Ten says that she knew the infantry wasn't strong so we trained them well, but she didn't think it would be this bad. Shin says that it can't be helped, since that shows just how big the hole is after the death of Shousa. So Sui says no matter what they say about war, the main offense still lies within the infantry unit, who got the highest number of soldiers. If this continues, they will just keep struggling. Denyuu says it looks like the difference in strength between them and Gakuka army, Gyouku Hou army will get bigger. En thinks helping the young soldiers grow more will be the key to increasing the power of the infantry unit, but Bihei says that is expecting too much from them, when they are already fighting hard enough. Suugen calls himself pathetic and says that he didn't know Shousa was working so hard in several area without Suugen knowing. He says he had no idea he was getting this much help from Shousa. Garo says nothing will change even if you talk about someone who is already dead. Furthermore, he says unless there is a monster like help coming into the infantry unit, their problems won't be solved right away. It will take time. However, there is another reason why they are struggling so much on top of the infantry unit, and that is Kyoukai. She has been in sleeping state ever since she helped Shin in shukai plains. Even if we fight, she stays at the headquarters. Because of this, the kyokai unit just became a regular 5k squad. That is huge for the Hi Shin Army. Shin says he knows and that he will go meet Kyoukai.

Kyoukai asks Shin why he is here and Shin says he is here to check on her. Shin grabs her hand and she asks why are you grabbing my hand. Shin says he wanted to make sure if she was actually alive and he did it because of what she said before about sharing one's life force through holding hands. Shin asks what is going on and kyoukai says it's not a big deal and she just needs little more time. Shin gets frustrated and tells her that she isn't okay because of what she did for him. Kyokai says, "yes, some nerves that were vital for the flow of chi has been severed because I used the forbidden technique on you. By doing deep meditations, I'm fixing them now. It will be over soon. Although I feel sorry for bringing harm to our army by doing this, this is the fastest way." Shin asks her if she will be back to normal just like how she was before and Kyoukai tells him maybe. Shin says, "Kyoukai!" and Kyoukai replies, "I was kidding." Shin says, "Please be back." Kyoukai replies, "Leave it to me. I will...be back to normal." Shin finds her response untrustworthy. A soldiers reports to Shin that the enemy has started moving and Ten wants Shin to come back to the headquarters. Kyoukai tries to get up saying she will also go, but Shin tells her to rest up and come back as soon as possible.

Kyoukai starts meditating and she says she is almost there, but then sees a huge figure that wakes her up from meditation and she asks, "Wh..What was that just now?"

No break next week!

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Okay, I know some are disappointed that we left Chu, but this chapter sounds fucking awesome!!!

So hyped to see Ouhon and Mouten getting highlighted over Shin lol. Not that I dislike Shin, he is one of my favs, but the manga feels so much more alive when it feels like Mouten and Ouhon are ahead of him.

Also, some in the past have said that aside from Moubu, his army seems to be lacking in martial strength, to which I say: do not sleep on Moubu’s subordinates. Just because his vassals haven’t received hype so far doesn’t mean these guys aren’t strong as hell, and hopefully Aisen will prove that here.

I’m very excited for this chapter personally.

Okay, I know some are disappointed that we left Chu, but this chapter sounds fucking awesome!!!

So hyped to see Ouhon and Mouten getting highlighted over Shin lol. Not that I dislike Shin, he is one of my favs, but the manga feels so much more alive when it feels like Mouten and Ouhon are ahead of him.

Also, some in the past have said that aside from Moubu, his army seems to be lacking in martial strength, to which I say: do not sleep on Moubu’s subordinates. Just because his vassals haven’t received hype so far doesn’t mean these guys aren’t strong as hell, and hopefully Aisen will prove that here.

I’m very excited for this chapter personally.
I expect big things from Rai Ki!

Ok so my initial fear was right. I’m so tired of the Hi Shin Army being the one that struggles while Mouten and Ouhon just keep getting praise. It really makes Shin and Ten look bad.

I disagree with this. I really dislike when Shin gets shitted on, because the man should not be this bad. Maybe in the back when they were 1000 man commanders this was ok, but they’re fucking generals now. Shin has come in clutch so many times, and he’s killed more generals than Mouten & Ouhon will probably kill in the entire series. For him to still be the runt of the litter after all this time makes me upset.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I disagree with this. I really dislike when Shin gets shitted on, because the man should not be this bad. Maybe in the back when they were 1000 man commanders this was ok, but they’re fucking generals now. Shin has come in clutch so many times, and he’s killed more generals than Mouten & Ouhon will probably kill in the entire series. For him to still be the runt of the litter after all this time makes me upset.
I think they’ve all shined in different ways. Like you said, Shin has slayed more generals than Ouhon and Mouten, while their victories are always more traditional.

Look at Shukai Plains:

Mouten stalled the Kisui Army out and then later kinda slowed Bananji down. Kind of.

Ouhon hit the Bananji army really hard, he slayed Gyou’Un, and he and Shin together prevented the collapse of the Right Wing before Ouhon was outright defeated by Gyou’Un.

Shin on the other hand, slayed Gaku Ei, overwhelmingly defeated and slayed Chou Garyuu and his men, and slayed freaking Houken (Three Great Heavens, literally the highest honor attainable in the Zhao War besides literally killing Riboku himself or capturing Gyou).

I think Shin dwarfed Ouhon and Mouten in achievements last war, which is great, give Shin his moments to shine, but I don’t want him to completely run away from his generation of rivals the same way Luffy has completely ran away from Kid and Law for example lol.

and all she has to do now is meditate to get pretty much back to normal?....
This better not happen or else it will make the entire Red Stairway plotline the most pointless thing to have ever happened in this manga.

If Kyoukai returns to full strength, she will also basically become unstoppable as a dualist with only the plot arbitrarily holding her back from curb stomping the opposition.
I think they’ve all shined in different ways. Like you said, Shin has slayed more generals than Ouhon and Mouten, while their victories are always more traditional.

Look at Shukai Plains:

Mouten stalled the Kisui Army out and then later kinda slowed Bananji down. Kind of.

Ouhon hit the Bananji army really hard, he slayed Gyou’Un, and he and Shin together prevented the collapse of the Right Wing before Ouhon was outright defeated by Gyou’Un.

Shin on the other hand, slayed Gaku Ei, overwhelmingly defeated and slayed Chou Garyuu and his men, and slayed freaking Houken (Three Great Heavens, literally the highest honor attainable in the Zhao War besides literally killing Riboku himself or capturing Gyou).

I think Shin dwarfed Ouhon and Mouten in achievements last war, which is great, give Shin his moments to shine, but I don’t want him to completely run away from his generation of rivals the same way Luffy has completely ran away from Kid and Law for example lol.
I am fine with all this. The way I see it, when it comes to dualists, Shin>Ouhon>>>Mouten but when it comes to tactics, Mouten>Ouhon>>>Shin. It actually makes for a genuine rivalry.

Where Shin is going to progress in the future is in his tactics. It will be enjoyable to watch him improve in this area. :akaman:

I do also like the fact that Shousa got so much focus too. It makes his loss all the heavier. :josad:
The Hi Shin unit struggling as always and this guy beat Houken...
Houken would solo half of the Zhao army Shin is facing right now...
What? No he would not. Lel. No Kingdom character is capable of literally soloing half an army, that is nonsensical. :rolaugh:

What? No he would not. Lel. No Kingdom character is capable of literally soloing half an army, that is nonsensical. :rolaugh:
Houkens power exceeds the understandings of martial might! As he is, the Bushin!:finally:
Post automatically merged:

I mean, he charged into the camp of an whole Army, got attacked from all sides and stil fuked them up lmao
Houken too strong! :queenmoji::queenmoji:

I think Shin struggling part is realistic, his unit had taken damage and lost some important members. While both Ou hon n Mou ten got reinforcements.

Plus Mouten already been established as someone completely capable of being a General. And Ou Hon is no less when it comes to Strategies. While Hi Shin Unit infantry has newcomers with less experience. The struggle is justified, just that it is bit exxagerated.

Yay! We are back to Zhao
Mouten's army seems invincible now that he has a martial group under him.....
Ouhon is adapting to his new general very well it seems.....

Hi Shin Unit was the one which faced most brutal opponents in the Gyou war. They faced Gyoun and lost many soldiers on the day they arrived. And then they battled hard like any other army on the right wing for nearly 13 days (if I remember correctly) against some of the better generals Zhao had...And atlast they faced brutal Houken and lost so many of their soldiers and important leaders within the unit. And seems like they didn't get a boost like Ouhon and Mouten received (in terms of powerful new group joining HSU).... Without Shousa and Kyokai they will struggle for sure. They were extremely important for HSU....But slowly they have to find a way to win the mini battles somehow.

Wei is weakening Han for Qin eventually lol