Who wins, Grindelwald or Voldemort

• Grindelwald

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Voldemort

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
F

Fallen Prince

Ya i think he might win oscar someday . He plays complex roles . Pretty sure he took this up because of rowling and david yates saw his performance.

I agree depp is misfit. They should have cast an east europeon actor they would have decenrlt portryal .
Post automatically merged:

Btw hell be villain in new batman movie as a penguin .

@playa4321 and others what are your top 10 most powerful wizards/witches ?
Not totally in ranking but these are the most powerfull wizards/witches:
Merlin
Godric Gryffidor
Salazar Slytherin
Rowena Ravenclaw
Helga Hufflepuff
Dumbledore
Grindelwald
Voldemort
Nicholas Flamel
Aurelius Dumbledore

I don´t know if I forget soemone but these are most like the most powerful wizards ever.
In terms of ranking I can only judge the people from the list under:

1. Dumbledore
2. Grindelwald/Voldemort
3. Voldemort/Grindelwald
4. Aurelius Dumbledore
5. Nicholas Flamel

So I don´t really know how to put the founders into this list, most like Helga and Rowena beeing under the top three, while Salazar Slytherin and Godric Gryffidor play in the same stage as Dumbledore/Voldemort and Grindelwald, probably less stronger or even above.
The number one off all wizard is most like Merlin, he was hyped up manytimes in the books even of Dumbledore himself, also it would fit to the orginal story with Merlin beeing the strongest wizard ever.

I take Merlin above the others...

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Not totally in ranking but these are the most powerfull wizards/witches:
Merlin
Godric Gryffidor
Salazar Slytherin
Rowena Ravenclaw
Helga Hufflepuff
Dumbledore
Grindelwald
Voldemort
Nicholas Flamel
Aurelius Dumbledore

I don´t know if I forget soemone but these are most like the most powerful wizards ever.
In terms of ranking I can only judge the people from the list under:

1. Dumbledore
2. Grindelwald/Voldemort
3. Voldemort/Grindelwald
4. Aurelius Dumbledore
5. Nicholas Flamel

So I don´t really know how to put the founders into this list, most like Helga and Rowena beeing under the top three, while Salazar Slytherin and Godric Gryffidor play in the same stage as Dumbledore/Voldemort and Grindelwald, probably less stronger or even above.
The number one off all wizard is most like Merlin, he was hyped up manytimes in the books even of Dumbledore himself, also it would fit to the orginal story with Merlin beeing the strongest wizard ever.

I take Merlin above the others...
I didn't want to judge founders and Merlin because we don't really know them. And the new movies are weird so I don't count them too lol.

About only the 7 HP books and during 20th centuty who would you pick for top 10 ?

Ya i think he might win oscar someday . He plays complex roles . Pretty sure he took this up because of rowling and david yates saw his performance.

I agree depp is misfit. They should have cast an east europeon actor they would have decenrlt portryal .
Post automatically merged:

Btw hell be villain in new batman movie as a penguin .
Though he is a bit old now I would have liked Mads Mikkelsen as Grindy.

Z
But Tom has numerous shortcoming character wise : he is prompt to anger, he like to monologue, talk too much, he can also underestimate his opponents. I think Grindy has a more collected personality from what we saw and read. So maybe if he managed to pressure Voldy enough he can turn the table by making Tom mad or making Tom afraid to die.
I respectfully disagree with this.

But Tom has numerous shortcoming character wise : he is prompt to anger
The entire 3 way duel between Albus, Aberforth, and Grindlewald was because Grindwald lost his temper. So if you're going to say that being prompt to anger is a short coming for Voldemort, then it's a shortcoming for Grindlewald as well.

‘I told him, you’d better give it up, now. You can’t move her, she’s in no fit state, you can’t take her with you, wherever it is you’re planning to go, when you’re making your clever speeches, trying to whip yourselves up a following. He didn’t like that,’ said Aberforth, and his eyes were briefly occluded by the firelight on the lenses of his glasses: they shone white and blind again. ‘Grindelwald didn’t like that at all. He got angry. He told me what a stupid little boy I was, trying to stand in the way of him and my brilliant brother ... didn’t I understand, my poor sister wouldn’t have to be hidden once they’d changed the world, and led the wizards out of hiding, and taught the Muggles their place?

‘And there was an argument ... and I pulled out my wand, and he pulled out his, and I had the Cruciatus Curse used on me by my brother’s best friend – and Albus was trying to stop him, and then all three of us were duelling, and the flashing lights and the bangs set her off, she couldn’t stand it –’ The colour was draining from Aberforth’s face as though he had suffered a mortal wound. ‘– and I think she wanted to help, but she didn’t really know what she was doing, and I don’t know which of us did it, it could have been any of us – and she was dead.’

Though I don't see how Voldemort's anger is a shortcoming, in all honesty it seems to enhance his strength. Voldemort went from equally dueling with Slughorn, McGonagal, and Kingsley while calm (and while using a wand that wouldn't recognize him as it's master therefore putting him at a disadvantage I might add), to one shotting all three of them at the same time the second his got angry his sidechick Bellatrix died. Anger seems like a powerup to the Dark Lord, not a hindrance.

So if Voldemort has anger issues, then Mr. "lets bring a disabled girl on our boys trip for world conquest omg this should be fun T_T" Grindlewald has just as many anger issues.

talk too much, he can also underestimate his opponents
The only time I can recall Voldemort talking a lot during a fight was in Goblet of Fire when he got his body back. And that was a special occasion. He got his body back for the first time in 13 years and wanted to put on a show for his Death Eaters so that nobody would ever question his strength again, it was a special and unique occasion, he doesn't really monologue in fights. He barely spoke to Harry or Dumbledore before attempting to murder them both in the Ministry, said literally nothing when he tried killing Harry during the 7 Potter chase at the beginning of the last book, said one sentence to Harry before attempting to murder him in the Forbidden Forest, and again engaged in a short convo with Harry before their last duel because Harry wouldn't stfu and stop making low IQ jabs. Voldemort is not much of a talker in fights.

As for underestimating people, yes he does underestimate people. But he only underestimates people who are way below him. He underestimated baby Harry and house elves on two occasions because he considered himself so superior to them. That does not mean he is going to underestimate Grindlewald. Voldemort is well aware of who Grindlewald is and he is well aware of Grindlewald's prowess, he was a student at Hogwarts while Dumbledore was off-paneling Grindlewald with low difficult and deporting him to Nurmengard after all, there is no reason to assume Voldemort would ever underestimate Grindlewald. When has Voldemort ever underestimated a gifted wizard? The fact that he ignored Wormtail's request to act during the Qudditch World Cup and instead choose to delay his plans to get Harry by several months shows that Voldemort doesn't underestimate wizards. Just babies and inferior subhumans like house elves.

My Lord, may I ask how long we are going to stay here?”

“A week,” said the cold voice. “Perhaps longer. The place is moderately comfortable, and the plan cannot proceed yet. It would be foolish to act before the Quidditch World Cup is over.”

Frank inserted a gnarled finger into his ear and rotated it. Owing, no doubt, to a buildup of earwax, he had heard the word “Quidditch,” which was not a word at all.

“The — the Quidditch World Cup, My Lord?” said Wormtail. (Frank dug his finger still more vigorously into his ear.) “Forgive me, but — I do not understand — why should we wait until the World Cup is over?”

“Because, fool, at this very moment wizards are pouring into the country from all over the world, and every meddler from the Ministry of Magic will be on duty, on the watch for signs of unusual activity, checking and double-checking identities. They will be obsessed with security, lest the Muggles notice anything. So we wait.”
I'll elaborate why Voldemort destroys Grindlewald in another post, that's enough tl;drs for one day. To be continued.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to duelling I would sadly give it to Voldemort due to his superior raw power and great duelling skills though Grindelwald's greater knowledge and versatility when it comes to spells would make him a formidable opponent.

As I said in spoiler room.
With the Horkrux, Voldi is pretty op but also he spend his whole life to perform that spell, that is his forte, he not have the knowledge about many other different spells like Grindelwald has. Grindelwald is more skilled, has more useful skills to take down Voldi.
And the portrayal also is clear for me, Voldi got humiliated by old Dumbledore and based on @Hedfi it seems like the elderwand not give really a big boost since the wand was from the begin for Harry and not someone else.

So Grindelwald with a wand who was not supposed to be his, fight equal against prime Dumbledore, push him to extrem high diff, a battle who shock whole europa, everyone was shocked because of this insane battle.
Old Dumbledore weaker then his prime Humiliated Voldi...
Voldi special power is his horkrux, Grindelwald has pretty much more spells and skills.

I would bet my money on Grindelwald.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
on @Hedfi it seems like the elderwand not give really a big boost since the wand was from the begin for Harry and not someone else
I don’t buy that

We clearly saw Dumby and Grindy using it and they didn’t say anything about it being de powered or having 0 effects. I don’t think Grindy would have used it that much if it was just a normal wand.

And all of that history and shit for a wand that doesn’t work is lame as hell.

Even Dumby said he was a shade more skillful even if that Grindy had the elder wand so that wand had some effects / boost.

Voldi got humiliated by old Dumbledore a
With Fumseck and the Elder Wand.

Dumby is mad strong so give him both and he will neg anyone.

Give Nagini and the elder wand to Voldy and his normal wand to Dumby and let’s see how it goes.

And Dumby is not Grindy. Dumbledore > Grindelwald in power and skills.

about many other different spells like Grindelwald has
Voldemort went deep in dark magic really deep. And he is a born genius.
He knows spells, lots of spells. But yeah his fav is killing curse.

I bet on the one who was called the darkest wizard of all time

I don’t buy that

We clearly saw Dumby and Grindy using it as ne they didn’t say anything about it being de powered or having 0 effects. I don’t think Grindy would have used it that much if it was just a normal wand.

And all of that history and shit for a wand that doesn’t work is lame as hell.

Even Dumby said he was a shade more skillful even if that Grindy had the elder wand so that wand had some effects / boost.

With Fumseck and the Elder Wand.

Dumby is mad strong so give him both and he will neg anyone.

Give Nagini and the elder wand to Voldy and his normal wand to Dumby and let’s see how it goes.

And Dumby is not Grindy. Dumbledore > Grindelwald in power and skills.

Voldemort went deep in dark magic really deep. And he is a born genius.
He knows spells, lots of spells. But yeah his fav is killing curse.

I bet on the one who was called the darkest wizard of all time
The Elder Wand is more like picky wand that choses the stronger wizard. It doesnt necessarily empower your magic spells. It's more like a status thing unless you're Harry Potter.

Take for example wizard A is the current wielder of the Elder Wand. When he faces a stronger Wizard B the wand will automatically switches allengences and becomes Wizard B's Wand. At least this is what I have seen on some HP video contents on Youtube. That's why the wielder of the Elder Wand always dies when he cases a to a stronger Wizard.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
The Elder Wand is more like picky wand that choses the stronger wizard. It doesnt necessarily empower your magic spells. It's more like a status thing unless you're Harry Potter.

Take for example wizard A is the current wielder of the Elder Wand. When he faces a stronger Wizard B the wand will automatically switches allengences and becomes Wizard B's Wand. At least this is what I have seen on some HP video contents on Youtube. That's why the wielder of the Elder Wand always dies when he cases a to a stronger Wizard.
That’s not really what is said in the books. The wand indeed makes allegiance to the strongest but because that guy proved to be the strongest : by beating the former owner or disarming him.

Harry only became master because he disarmed Draco. The same Draco who was master by disarming Dumby. I don’t think Harry or Draco were stronger wizard that Dumby.

Some people lost the wand when they were killed in their sleep etc

That’s not really what is said in the books. The wand indeed makes allegiance to the strongest but because that guy proved to be the strongest : by beating the former owner or disarming him.

Harry only became master because he disarmed Draco. The same Draco who was master by disarming Dumby. I don’t think Harry or Draco were stronger wizard that Dumby.

Some people lost the wand when they were killed in their sleep etc
Yeah going by the original HP books it's like how you said. But the writer, forget her name ,always makes additional comments about her books. As far as I remember that's how she explained how the Elder Wand works(I'm talking about the additional info) which doesn't necessarily contradicts her books but adds more specific details about it.

My memory may be wrong though, so look it up yourself if you want to be extra sure.

Dumbledore beats Grindelwald. While Grindelwald has the Elder Wand.
Voldemort can resist against Dumbledore with Elder Wand and Voldemort mentioned as the most powerful dark wizard too.

Grindelwald can be more intelligent and smart than Voldemort but still Voldemort is more powerful