Current Events Honest Question: Why don't people actually want a real 1v1 fight for Zoro?

As I was implicating the situation could get out of hand probably because of Big Mom kicking in, and I do believe that Zoro would most likely assist his captain again if a peculiar situation demanded it, yes. That would feel instinctively.

But I would go further than just that and say we could expand our thought and in the first place think about the offchance that Luffy didn't mean that he wanted to handle Kaido by himself in the first place, just that he preferred Zoro to rest until necessary. Many users underlook this point. Luffy's words leave for interpretation.

He didn't order Zoro and Law not to return until he is done with Kaido, but merely for that time at least.

I mean, this dialogue seems pretty cut and dry to me. Doesn't seem like there is room for interpretation here, but you guys do what you want

Because Zoro is now too injured to fight a competent enemy and id rather Zoro rest up for the next fight with Kaido than fight an incompetent one at this stage.

And before you say he can be healed, the Scabbards weren’t anywhere’s near as injured as Zoro currently are. Marcos flames by his own definition require time to heal and use the patients own energy level, Laws not going to be able to just give him an energy boost.

If ivankov was there yeah Zoro could get back up and fight immediately but at this stage, Zoro needs to rest for a few hours while the dome fights occur then he can fight Kaido alongside Luffy and others again.
Post automatically merged:

@Jackeo
Law sent the scabbards to the fifth floor and the minks took them to the 2nd floor be hidden away

Also Zoro is much stronger than Jack so why wouldnt he fight the much stronger King
No? Law sent them to the storage room.

Also Zoro is much stronger than Jack so why wouldnt he fight the much stronger King
It's not just a matter of strength, of wasted plotlines (the Momo-King-Sanji one, the Orochi-Hiyori-Zoro one, the Chopper-Drake-Queen one) and a bad narrative choice (fighting King after having gone all out against Kaido is underwhelming even if you think, like i do, that it doesn't imply the 5S > King). It's not even just a bad matchup since King has probably 4 wings in hybrid form and Zoro can already cut fire, and he has already done that like 20 times on the roof.
It would even make Zoro vs Shiryu visually too similar to the fight right before that. King and Shiryu look very similar in that uniform.

This ignoring Zoro's condition and the fact that nobody can heal him completely in hours on the island.

Last edited:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Because people dont care about Yonko Commanders anymore, due to Oda creating random massive gaps between immediate levels of hierarchy, for no reason except to overhype the main villains.

Oda is a moron in this regard.
Can't blame people for not caring about fights against Calamities or Flying 6.
Some don't actually care about Zoro fighting even an Admiral of Shiryu at this point, only Mihawk.
That's because the author does a shitty job at establishing good power levels. Not that Oda doesn't care about it, but this lack of care at doing something marginally respectable creates these notions of dissatisfaction.
"Why make character X fight character A, if he fought character B that was miles ahead character A in power? That's a downgrade".
/\ this is the feeling that powerscaling junkies usually feel in this situation.

A 1v1 against King would be glorious imo. Zoro using King as a test dummy, making attempts to understand and get advanced CoC down pat, and when he finally gets an epiphany, he proceeds to oneshot King and return to the glorious Kaido fight. He'll finish the fight by chopping Kaido's head off over the Flower Capital. The civilians of Wano rightfully deserves this after their hardships under Kaido.

Wouldn't feel underwhelming if he goes from Kaido to King?

If he faces King what "diff" should be the tolerable one?
Reread my op, it has nothing to do with fighting King lol. If Oda left Zoro on the roof and gave these moments between Zoro and Kaido, it has the same effect.

The problem is he didn't and he's currently giving it to Luffy. Whether or not that leads to Zoro vs King, Zoro coming back and fighting Kaido or killing him, or Zoro getting shafted and getting nothing the rest of the arc, is not part of the argument. It has to do with fluid portrayal of his fights, regardless of who he fights and how he gets those fights.

But if I were biasedly answer your question: If a weakened Zoro fought King in a 1v1 swordsman, high diff fight and was given the same fluid portrayals as I show in the OP, then yes I would be 100% happier with Zoro's portrayal this arc, ON TOP of his feats with Kaido that he's gotten or may even get (which is dont believe tbh)

Two things, I like Marco- his fighting style is just really cool to me and looks great in the anime- and think this is only real chance to get a fully focused fight. Any potential Marco/Weevil plotline has blatantly been cut with the nonsensical “give Luffy a message, I can’t go to Wano because of Weevil- only joking, I’ll be there anyway“ bit.

And also all the fire cutting, CoC unlocking, Yonko tanking and scarring has really taken away from a lot of what we thought would be interesting about Zoro vs King. A flow of Zoro vs King then Zoro vs Kaido makes a lot more sense than the alternative of going from the greatest threat to a lesser one. It would be like Luffy on EL beating up Lucci then fighting Blueno.

Zoro being my favourite character, I certainly won’t complain if Zoro vs King happens, but it’s just a fact that if it does, King will not look great for getting beaten by a badly injured Zoro- cause neither Marco nor Law nor Chopper nor Hiyori’s amazing bandaging technique can restore Zoro to anything near full fitness, Mancherie would have to magically fall from the sky to do that. Nobody raves about Cabaji or Hachi being the great Zoro opponents- we’ll rave about Zoro for beating them when injured, sure, but King, meh.

And I know we can go the route of King himself being injured beforehand to make it more even, but... c’mon, that’s like when folk tried to say Luffy getting beaten up by Bellamy compared to Doffy having his insides shredded by Law. If a level playing field for Zoro vs King is caused by the injuries Marco caused King when Marco was the one who was outnumbered, then King is not looking great.

Basically Zoro vs King can happen, I will hail Zoro to be a glorious god king of the sword if it does, but I’ll also think it was a wasted opportunity for Marco and that King himself kind of sucks - which would have a bad knock-on effect for all the other Beast Pirates since they are weaker than him.

Two things, I like Marco- his fighting style is just really cool to me and looks great in the anime- and think this is only real chance to get a fully focused fight. Any potential Marco/Weevil plotline has blatantly been cut with the nonsensical “give Luffy a message, I can’t go to Wano because of Weevil- only joking, I’ll be there anyway“ bit.

And also all the fire cutting, CoC unlocking, Yonko tanking and scarring has really taken away from a lot of what we thought would be interesting about Zoro vs King. A flow of Zoro vs King then Zoro vs Kaido makes a lot more sense than the alternative of going from the greatest threat to a lesser one. It would be like Luffy on EL beating up Lucci then fighting Blueno.

Zoro being my favourite character, I certainly won’t complain if Zoro vs King happens, but it’s just a fact that if it does, King will not look great for getting beaten by a badly injured Zoro- cause neither Marco nor Law nor Chopper nor Hiyori’s amazing bandaging technique can restore Zoro to anything near full fitness, Mancherie would have to magically fall from the sky to do that. Nobody raves about Cabaji or Hachi being the great Zoro opponents- we’ll rave about Zoro for beating them when injured, sure, but King, meh.

And I know we can go the route of King himself being injured beforehand to make it more even, but... c’mon, that’s like when folk tried to say Luffy getting beaten up by Bellamy compared to Doffy having his insides shredded by Law. If a level playing field for Zoro vs King is caused by the injuries Marco caused King when Marco was the one who was outnumbered, then King is not looking great.

Basically Zoro vs King can happen, I will hail Zoro to be a glorious god king of the sword if it does, but I’ll also think it was a wasted opportunity for Marco and that King himself kind of sucks - which would have a bad knock-on effect for all the other Beast Pirates since they are weaker than him.
I think it really depends on how you expect it to all go down. It's not like we all thought Zoro vs Hacchi was less merited after Zoro lost to Mihawk the same day. While it was a separate arc, I do think him performing his feats against Kaido at 100%, then potentially (I stress the word, not guaranteed) being massively weakened and forced to fight King might suffice to be a way more tense fight because Oda believes Zoro is stronger than any one YC.

Maybe he truly had to "nerf" Zoro to get him that moment. Not normally a term I use, but hopefully that gets the point across with that.

In regards to the OP, if Zoro goes back and gets the "fluid 1v1" moment with Kaido, im just as satisfied lol

injured zoro whooping king is a great feat for him . No such thing as a full "Heal" within hrs , not even for the scabbards.
dont know why zbois dont want it , he can also expand on the coc kaido mentioned.

its not even exclusive of the the zkk idea
but jackteo and chronos will leave wg if that happens so i dont want it to happen . both of them keep the balance of power here .
:milaugh:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I think it really depends on how you expect it to all go down. It's not like we all thought Zoro vs Hacchi was less merited after Zoro lost to Mihawk the same day. While it was a separate arc, I do think him performing his feats against Kaido at 100%, then potentially (I stress the word, not guaranteed) being massively weakened and forced to fight King might suffice to be a way more tense fight because Oda believes Zoro is stronger than any one YC.

Maybe he truly had to "nerf" Zoro to get him that moment. Not normally a term I use, but hopefully that gets the point across with that.

In regards to the OP, if Zoro goes back and gets the "fluid 1v1" moment with Kaido, im just as satisfied lol
Zoro had no feats against mihawk. He got decimated.

The feats zoro has on that roof > beating king
All nerfed zoro beating king shows gives us is more zoro wank.