House of the Dragon

Season I Favourite Characters?

• Total voters

Indigo

Besto Friendo
Dw they'll turn it around with A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms :pepecopium:

Can't wait for the female puppeteer to emasculate Aegon's brother and slap him around in an epic #girlboss scene
I have 0 expectations for that show rn

i can't believe they made such a great S1 of HoTD and now we have this fucking mess

here's hoping the show can be good

i laughed my ass off reading someone on reddit saying "now i'm against the writer's strike, these people don't deserve anything"

lmao

The biggest problem with the season was HBO forcing them to cut the episode count from 10 to 8. It’s obvious that this was supposed to be a 10 episode season, with it ending on either the Battle of the Gullet or Rhaenyra taking King’s Landing.

The biggest problem with the season was HBO forcing them to cut the episode count from 10 to 8. It’s obvious that this was supposed to be a 10 episode season, with it ending on either the Battle of the Gullet or Rhaenyra taking King’s Landing.
Same shit happened with GoT

This is no excuse, it is shit that theze supposedly great writers can't even pull off a show right with original material to guide them.

This was a bad season.

Indigo

Besto Friendo
This is no excuse, it is shit that theze supposedly great writers can't even pull off a show right with original material to guide them.

This was a pretty bad season.
I agree, it's not the lack of a big super epic season finale

the basic episodes of drama and intrigue are just bad

and those were still great in Game of Thrones, before all the epic battles

fuck, my favorite GoT episode of all time is Tyrion's trial, and it's literally everbody in the same room talking shit

no fighting, no dragons, just simply well made dialogue and great acting
Post automatically merged:

the only good thing of S2 HoTD is that /r/freefolk is back at it, peak internet circlejerk lmao

i love it, during S8 was one of the best subs to read

For those who read Fire and Blood:

Last edited:
I really hate all hollywood writers right now

these fucking Los Angeles dwellers cut off from reality that write shit based on leftist politics and social media activism

seriously, in their attempt to make strong female characters, they legit make me hate all of them

stop taking great fucking books and turning them into tumblr fanfic, for fuck sake

i'm glad the internet is also exploding on this show finally, giving it bad scores

why are a bunch of old white men better at writting women than you all are?

GRRM books have so many great female characters, with power and impact in the story, way above a lot of the men too

and guess what? people actually like them
In their attempt to make these females characters ''strong''(Atleast in their vision, because they were already strong lol) they removed all agency from them and made them look weak as hell.

In their attempt to make these females characters ''strong''(Atleast in their vision, because they were already strong lol) they removed all agency from them and made them look weak as hell.
Rhaenyra's fine, Alicent was bad this season though. The other female characters (Baela, Rhaena, and Alys) were fine too

Rhaenyra's fine, Alicent was bad this season though. The other female characters (Baela, Rhaena, and Alys) were fine too
Rhaenyra spent the season doing nothing, complaining about muh nobody listens to me, saying thousands will die if she goes to war and then back to doing nothing and complaining about how nobody listens to her. Thats basically what she did the entire season lol. Except for the actual good part of her character when she sent those bastards to die to get her dragon riders.

Baela is barely a character lol. Alys was okay but shes not a main character.

Im talking about Alicent and Rhaenyra, they removed all agency from them.

AMAZING SHOW !

I'm so glad I waited the end of the second season to Bingewatch everything !

The show doesn't have the WTF plottwists of the original serie, but I think it is better for it as it doesn't need to rely on them to create a good story.

I don't think there is one character that fells short. Both season are narrative gems !

Rhaenyra spent the season doing nothing, complaining about muh nobody listens to me, saying thousands will die if she goes to war and then back to doing nothing and complaining about how nobody listens to her. Thats basically what she did the entire season lol. Except for the actual good part of her character when she sent those bastards to die to get her dragon riders.
Damn. Rhaenyra got clowned.

Rhaenyra spent the season doing nothing
We didn't see the same show.

Rhaenyra's prudence and agency is the reason why she has many Dragons and about to throw hands.

I just finished the show and I'm shocked by the critics. Its like half of the spectators watched an entirely different show !

This season literally depicts the reason why Rhaenyra is succeeding and why Aegons and Aemond are failing. Rhaenyra succeeds because she listens, because she doesn't seek wars but peace.

The original serie always made the mistake to depict war as an mean to an end. But this show is the opposite ! War here, is depicted as the result of the failure of leadership. In fact, its very possible that no war happens on season 3 (and if so, Rhaenyra would jump in my top 10 favorite characters of all time)

This season was amazing on so many points.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Rhaenyra's prudence and agency is the reason why she has many Dragons and about to throw hands.
Rhaenyra didn't do shit about dragons.

Show panders a lot to Rhaenyra when in the books Jayce and Corlis were the driving force behind her success. Especially Jayce that secured 3 alliances, sent his younger brothers away and proposed Dragon seeds to join them

In the show Rhaenyra is abysmal, she couldn't even control Ulf at the dinner wheres Jayce put him in line after it.

Also Rhaenyra pretty much left her father for 10 or so years, never bothered to rule or learn to rule, she has 0 experience and it shows in the show.

The original serie always made the mistake to depict war as an mean to an end. But this show is the opposite !
Rhaenyra -"Son for a Son, bring me the head of Aemond"

And Rhaenyra herself wants to execute everyone now besides Alicent and Helena

Indigo

Besto Friendo
We didn't see the same show.

I just finished the show and I'm shocked by the critics. Its like half of the spectators watched an entirely different show !

This season literally depicts the reason why Rhaenyra is succeeding and why Aegons and Aemond are failing. Rhaenyra succeeds because she listens, because she doesn't seek wars but peace.

The original serie always made the mistake to depict war as an mean to an end. But this show is the opposite ! War here, is depicted as the result of the failure of leadership. In fact, its very possible that no war happens on season 3 (and if so, Rhaenyra would jump in my top 10 favorite characters of all time)

This season was amazing on so many points.
Rhaenyra fans will be devastated lmao

I will ONLY be talking about the show here, nothing else. Please, do not spoil the books.

Rhaenyra didn't do shit about dragons.
Rhaenyra made the choice to go for the "bastards" and therefore secure herself some Dragon. The point of her story is that she has agency DESPITE being stuck on her island

The entire story of the second season show why seeking to act instead of being thoughtfull is the WRONG thing to do to win the conflict.

In the show Rhaenyra is abysmal, she couldn't even control Ulf at the dinner wheres Jayce put him in line after it.
And ? You are confusing agency with authoritarism here.

Also Rhaenyra pretty much left her father for 10 or so years, never bothered to rule or learn to rule, she has 0 experience and it shows in the show.
She might have no experience, but she is acting LIKE a queen, and not any Queen a GOOD queen. The show literally shows why she is so legitimate to the throne. Rhaenyra is basically the antithesis of Daenerys.

She is smart and not naive. She knows when to strike and she knows went to retreat but most of all she knows how to listen and to take responsibility.

I think you watched the wrong show.

And Rhaenyra herself wants to execute everyone now besides Alicent and Helena
No, she doesn't want to ! What show did you watch ?

The show describes how she has no other choice. This is an allegory of nuclear conflicts ! During the entire season, she tried to find solutions not to use the weapon, and this is why I think she might not use them at the end. And find a new way.

War is obviously possible and she might even be defeated in the process or only rule for a short time. But she will do it by sticking to her value and that's why she is such a great protagonist.

she isn't the protagonist
In the show House of the Dragon ?

A protagonist is the way you call an important character, its not necessarily a main protagonist.

(Even if I would call her a main protagonist in that story)

But technically, she is rather a co-protagonist with Alicent. Every other characters are here to contrast those two and for a good reasons :

This is a story about the control of men over women and specifically about the agency of women in a world of men.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Rhaenyra made the choice to go for the "bastards" and therefore secure herself some Dragon. The point of her story is that she has agency DESPITE being stuck on her island
It was Mysaria that told her to do it, without her Rhae doesn't do it lol

And ? You are confusing agency with authoritarism here.
She can't agency one member of her war party, that says a lot

She might have no experience, but she is acting LIKE a queen, and not any Queen a GOOD queen. The show literally shows why she is so legitimate to the throne. Rhaenyra is basically the antithesis of Daenerys.
You do know Rhae is the one who ordered the blockade of Kings Landing causing starvation which lead to events like Hugh's daughter dying?

She is quite literally letting common people starve, only reason she sent em food was bcs it helps her standing with small folk

No, she doesn't want to ! What show did you watch ?
She can literally send them to the wall or exile them to Essos after taking their dragons.

But as much bad Rhae is, Alicent is is 10 times worse

Indigo

Besto Friendo
This is a story about the control of men over women and specifically about the agency of women in a world of men.
That's one of the themes, and it was around in Game of Thrones too.

Personally, i think the main theme of the story is Generational Trauma.

House of the Dragon is just one step in the middle of this entire mess that started a long time ago.