House of the Dragon

Season I Favourite Characters?

• Total voters
Yeah that's what the text says. But you really need some solid luck to figure this out through some odd glances though. I mean, mischance.
I mean it's not out of the question tho? It happens all the time irl too
When you're within a group of people it's easy to pick up on these ques especially if you know what to look for.

You're right it's not out of the question. But it must involve some level of luck and a very naive character like Criston. Anyway, I've seen more shocking things like in episode 1 when Viserys was informed whether to chose between his child and his wife's life in the middle of the childbirth. Criston being busted was really small in comparison. There are always details like these that can sort you out of the show for a moment if you pay attention. But when done right, you get back into the story in a few seconds.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Is Daemon immoral or interesting ?
Both

Daemon for me is perfect gray character. By no means is he good and by no means is he bad. He was put into a situation to always be the shadow of his older brother, he tried so hard to please him and the kingdom, her married the woman he didn't even like.

Daemon we see is Daemon that decided - The hell with that - Why should he sacrifice everything just to please everyone? Why should he do that when people obv don't like him?

Daemon is just fed up being a pawn

You're right it's not out of the question. But it must involve some level of luck and a very naive character like Criston. Anyway, I've seen more shocking things like in episode 1 when Viserys was informed whether to chose between his child and his wife's life in the middle of the childbirth. Criston being busted was really small in comparison. There are always details like these that can sort you out of the show for a moment if you pay attention. But when done right, you get back into the story in a few seconds.
I don't u derstand what ypu mean here by Viserys choosing between the wife and the child?

The choice was never that. It was always either the child lives or they both die. So he picked the lesser evil.

I don't u derstand what ypu mean here by Viserys choosing between the wife and the child?

The choice was never that. It was always either the child lives or they both die. So he picked the lesser evil.
I mean that he already was a father and moreover is the king. Despite that, he didn’t know the kinda choice he would have to make during difficult childbirth

I mean that he already was a father and moreover is the king. Despite that, he didn’t know the kinda choice he would have to make during difficult childbirth
You're making it seem easy. Him being king makes no matter in situations like that. His wife's life is at stake. And his long awaited heir's life is at stake.

Yet, he doesn't know if the child even is a boy, he only wishes it were so. So does he let his wife die and save another daughter or does he let both of them die and risk letting his heir die?

Both me and my hypothetical wife are aware that there exists a non zero chance she might die during childbirth, but if that stopped people from multiplying then no body would be alive in 80-90 years

You're making it seem easy. Him being king makes no matter in situations like that. His wife's life is at stake. And his long awaited heir's life is at stake.

Yet, he doesn't know if the child even is a boy, he only wishes it were so. So does he let his wife die and save another daughter or does he let both of them die and risk letting his heir die?

Both me and my hypothetical wife are aware that there exists a non zero chance she might die during childbirth, but if that stopped people from multiplying then no body would be alive in 80-90 years
You may have misunderstood. I'm just saying that he found out that the choice "child lives and mother dies" existed only during the childbirth when Mellos told him. But he should have known before that he would have to make such a choice. And again, it works because Viserys is supposed to be a naive king. You may call it nitpicking, but it took me out of the story and I laughed when I saw the Mellos explaining to Viserys how it works. I'm not even trying to get into the morality of the choice.

Anyway, as I said earlier, these are details that I don't believe deserve this much attention.

You may have misunderstood. I'm just saying that he found out that the choice "child lives and mother dies" existed only during the childbirth when Mellos told him. But he should have known before that he would have to make such a choice. And again, it works because Viserys is supposed to be a naive king. You may call it nitpicking, but it took me out of the story and I laughed when I saw the Mellos explaining to Viserys how it works. I'm not even trying to get into the morality of the choice.

Anyway, as I said earlier, these are details that I don't believe deserve this much attention.
Now I understand, but I think the explanation about the choice was a precurssor for the C Section explanation - something we as viewers are very familiar with but the people of Westeros still don't kniw much about, as the Grandmaester says it's a new technique

About the first look of Aegon from the trailer. I like it. I have no idea what his personality will be like, but even though the teasers give us only a glimpse, I feel like he'll be more reasonable than Joffrey the bastard. We can only see two shots of him, he's first shown kicking someone in a fight and secondly seen "weirdly thinking" I guess. I mean, Joffrey's character was so great but I don't know if we need his copy. After all he doesn't make the same sadistic face as Ramsay/Joffrey.

I know that this much power at a young age can show one's worst in their passion and personality. Although we might get another sadistic king, I hope we'll get something more gray than the two mentally-ill villains mentioned above.

About the whole thing surrounding "the kingdom will never want a queen". I wonder if people like Otto Hightower or some others just think that because of the overwhelming majority. I mean, they just think that Rhaenyra is a bad choice due to her lack of popularity, without having anything or much against her.
I have a question for those who are more versed in the universe. Is the population supposed to be mentally different in GoT ? I mean, it sure is 200 years after, but it's intriguing how not much was said about Cersei and Daenerys. And in medieval times, I don't know if the population would be drastically different in 200years when they're barely educated and whatnot.

Now I understand, but I think the explanation about the choice was a precurssor for the C Section explanation - something we as viewers are very familiar with but the people of Westeros still don't kniw much about, as the Grandmaester says it's a new technique
I may have overlooked at when Mellos says "it's a new technique". Nonetheless, I believe this kind of scene happened in many series/films with the same kind of choice but executed differently.

Last edited:

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
I am gonna wait for the next coupla episodes to decide if I am on team Alicent or team Rhaenyra. Cristen Cole was annoying af.. No one told you to fuck a teenager and fall in love you nonce.
Is Viserys dead???? He is the only sane character around.

Criston cole is very different now honestly i like him a lot him being provocative was entertaining maybe if he just insulted rhaenyra less and didn’t take it out on her kids it would be better

daemon is pretty enjoyable this episode i hated him the last few episodes

my favorite prince out of the new kids is aemond, once he gets that eyepatch and vhagar he’ll be everyones fav(book spoilers)

Is Daemon immune to fire too ? Are all Targaryens immune ?

Aegon copying Homelander from The Boys... did the authors of this series lacked imagination ? It's really straightforward in telling you that Aegon will be the douche in chief.

Wow the training of the cubs, lots of tension in this court, haha.

Imagine setting yourself on fire because you think your husband is the new Viserys even though nope.

Larys Strong... I'll remember that name.

I can't seriously look at old Alicent and Rhaenyra after having seen their actresses both laughing about various stuff on youtube interviews

Is Daemon immune to fire too ? Are all Targaryens immune ?

Aegon copying Homelander from The Boys... did the authors of this series lacked imagination ? It's really straightforward in telling you that Aegon will be the douche in chief.

Wow the training of the cubs, lots of tension in this court, haha.

Imagine setting yourself on fire because you think your husband is the new Viserys even though nope.

Larys Strong... I'll remember that name.

I can't seriously look at old Alicent and Rhaenyra after having seen their actresses both laughing about various stuff on youtube interviews
Ig they're going with a general family immunity in this show.

As for Aegon - no book spoilers as it can be seen in the episode already - up until that talk with his mom he was taking life too easy. Jerking off from a window, looking at serving girls in the yard, doing pranks with his half brothers on his brother - he was a teenage frat boy so to speak. Because deep down he clearly thinks "the throne is Rhaenyra's, I can take it easy in life". But then his mom gives him a reality check

Laena's death - she mentioned in the ep wanting to die as a dragonrider so Ig this was their way of compromising between that line, her giving birth and the book material

I didn't like Criston cole before but he was really good in this episode
The Scene with Laena was stupid tho
I don't remember them saying she was gonna die
The only way to save the child would envolve killing her with a very low chance of success but it was still possible or they probably could kill the baby and save her but she just goes and burns herself for no reason