Speculations How could Kaido fall.

S

Shura

Let me tell you one thing....powerscaling was not so much linear in OP.....a mistake can be fatal...like underestimation of an enemy (Luffy underestimated Kaido or other Luffy opponents underestimated him and got their hands burned)....

Just because Luffy was one shot by Kaido doesn't mean that Kaido=100 and Luffy=1...it won't work that way...for example take Katakuri fight....see how much the gap that got covered with just infrequent usage of FS??..Luffy was physically stronger than Katakuri and yet his haki was very inferior to Katakuri but still he could break through Katakuri guard with G4 punches...

Likewise Kaido is physically far stronger than Luffy and he may not have advanced haki (because that would make him too overpowered) and Luffy got outclassed by Kaido by pure physical means and so Luffy can't go solely based on his raw strength...hence, he is looking a way to bypass without using more raw strength...in other words, spamming of GK kind of attacks...this way Luffy can do minimum amount of damage even in base if he lands clean hit on Kaido....now Kaido is very faster than G2 and even Boundman and so Luffy has to choose Snakeman to damage Kaido while avoiding his attacks....

Now coming to the topic, theoretically only Luffy, Law and Zoro has tools to damage Kaido....but I guess BigMom also play a vital role in the defeat of Kaido..

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me tell you one thing....powerscaling was never a linear in OP.....a mistake can be fatal...like underestimation of an enemy (Luffy underestimated Kaido or other Luffy opponents underestimated him and got their hands burned)....

Just because Luffy was one shot by Kaido doesn't mean that Kaido=100 and Luffy=1...it won't work that way...for example take Katakuri fight....see how much the gap that got covered with just infrequent usage of FS??..Luffy was physically stronger than Katakuri and yet his haki was very inferior to Katakuri but still he could break through Katakuri guard with G4 punches...

Likewise Kaido is physically far stronger than Luffy and he may not have advanced haki (because that would make him too overpowered) and Luffy got outclassed by Kaido by pure physical means and so Luffy can't go solely based on his raw strength...hence, he is looking a way to bypass without using more raw strength...in other words, spamming of GK kind of attacks...this way Luffy can do minimum amount of damage even in base if he lands clean hit on Kaido....now Kaido is very faster than G2 and even Boundman and so Luffy has to choose Snakeman to damage Kaido while avoiding his attacks....

Now coming to the topic, theoretically only Luffy, Law and Zoro has tools to damage Kaido....but I guess BigMom also play a vital role in the defeat of Kaido..
One Piece is BOTH linear and context-specific. For example, Brook had a DF advantage vs. Big Mom, but it didn't matter. Why? Because the "linear" gap between Big Mom and Brook is so big, that a matchup advantage didn't matter.

While on the other hand, Luffy had a matchup advantage against Enel, and their "linear" power was close enough to where it mattered. The same thing with Cracker. Luffy breaking out of parasite when Jozu couldn't, clearly put him above regular YCs "linearly". But Cracker was close enough in power, that using a NFL formation, didn't allow Luffy to land hits on him (at least without KKG).

Sometimes an opponent can counter your best skill. The question is, do you have enough tools in your arsenal to use something ELSE? If you are "linearly" strong enough, you should.

H

Homelander

One of the few hints i saw in manga so far.

The trump card for kaidos downfall are

Hawkins
Big mom
Law
Possibly Momonosuke

Earlier chapter when hawkins was facing off luffy and zoro . He was planning to use a card these card might play a big role in future. If he want use it on kaido

Big mom - I am not sure about this . Big mom could still play a handy role in kaidos downfall . She probably knows where kaidos weakness are.

Law - I was thinking this through its possible he will play a big role . Though i am not sure if ope ope no mi has any effecy on kaido

Momonosuke - People think he is weak n all . Its important to note he has VOAT.

Of course i think Oda is planning to have luffy and zoro to be the one to finish off kaido.

Lets hope and see how kaido actually falls. To be fair oda is using hints using these character.

Hawkins power , big mom past with kaido, law ope fruit, momos voat can actually be fair game changer.

One Piece is BOTH linear and context-specific. For example, Brook had a DF advantage vs. Big Mom, but it didn't matter. Why? Because the "linear" gap between Big Mom and Brook is so big, that a matchup advantage didn't matter.

While on the other hand, Luffy had a matchup advantage against Enel, and their "linear" power was close enough to where it mattered. The same thing with Cracker. Luffy breaking out of parasite when Jozu couldn't, clearly put him above regular YCs "linearly". But Cracker was close enough in power, that using a NFL formation, didn't allow Luffy to land hits on him (at least without KKG).

Sometimes an opponent can counter your best skill. The question is, do you have enough tools in your arsenal to use something ELSE? If you are "linearly" strong enough, you should.
When Comparing 2 characters strenght, we often / always only take in count their performance against other characters at some point and their speculative progress.

Linear strenght.

But like you said at least 2 others major parameters are taking in count by Oda : Plot, and Circumstances.

An example :

Big Mom vs The Straw hats back in Totland :

Oda had one major story point.
Luffy had to escape through the mirror on Cacao Island while being joined by Sanji saving the days both : One time by baking a cake to Big Mom, one time saving Luffy against countless enemies.

But, then come 'logical parameter'. Curly hats can't just come on Cacao Island without a bother in the world !

Then Big Mom "HAD" to chase them and to make Jinbe and other Straw Hats relevant, they had to somehow stand against her.

That's why we have the 'not the best' chase where Big Mom, Crazy, Hungry, attack again an again and again a crew far weaker than her without result.
+ Smoothie Armada who had to try to stop them too.
Post automatically merged:

Applying that to Kaido Falls :

Straw hats, even the Weaker Ones like Usopp or Chopper or Namy or even Franky will have to be relevant against enemy who following logic should speedblitz them.

Maybe we will have Robin vs One of The Flying 6 when they are supposed to be on par with SuperNova X-Drake.
Post automatically merged:

Okay Guys. I found a clue.
Big Mom first : Bounty : 50 M
Big Mom second Bounty : 500 M
Big Mom third Bounty : 4 388 M
Big Mom betray Kaidou / attack the Marines : 5 000 M
Big Mom repent herself with the Help of Luffy and Sanji : 5 000 000 001

Last edited:
After luffy uses his new strongest attack against kaido he stands up badly injured but can still go but then Blackbeard from no where to finsh him off and takes his DF.

Then you're delusional.

Not only is this not how Oda writes, but it would contradict the point of the story.

Not to mention it goes against how Luffy actually fights.
--> When facing Crocodile, Luffy brought Water
--> When facing Oars, Luffy did use Shadows
--> When facing Dofflamingo, Law was here to use Switch between Him and Luffy
--> When facing Cracker, Luffy was helped by Nami.

Yes but he still had to overpower the enemy at the end. It was always a matter of strength.
I'm not saying that Luffy / Zoro won't be the ones to give the Finishing Blow.

I just say that before that / those finishing blows, I'm not against some Teamwork and lame tactics.

Shikamaru in One Piece ? Yes.

Kaido acquiring a new form and beating Big Mom and Admirals following a Rumble Ball transformation ? Yes.

I'm not saying that Luffy / Zoro won't be the ones to give the Finishing Blow.

I just say that before that / those finishing blows, I'm not against some Teamwork and lame tactics.

Shikamaru in One Piece ? Yes.

Kaido acquiring a new form and beating Big Mom and Admirals following a Rumble Ball transformation ? Yes.
That's too much even for kaido. He can't take on big mom, admirals and then luffy.
Luffy will pretty much solo him, he'll do 70% of the work at least.

That's too much even for kaido. He can't take on big mom, admirals and then luffy.
Luffy will pretty much solo him, he'll do 70% of the work at least.
Yeah, that's probably far too much.

Still, I would like to see Kaidou Awakened form, Kaidou 1 Rumble Ball form, Kaidou Monster Rumble Ball form and gentle Tamed Kaidou form.

70% of the work ?

That's a lot, but I don't feel like saying the contrary for this fight to be a Luffy Victory.

Yeah, that's probably far too much.

Still, I would like to see Kaidou Awakened form, Kaidou 1 Rumble Ball form, Kaidou Monster Rumble Ball form and gentle Tamed Kaidou form.

70% of the work ?

That's a lot, but I don't feel like saying the contrary for this fight to be a Luffy Victory.
70% at least, oda usually makes the main villain defeat other characters, sometimes without even taking some damages, and then comes luffy who defeats him.
With kaido it'll be harder but it will still be mainly Luffy's work.
That's what I want to see, I don't care about power level here, luffy should whoop his ass.

70% at least, oda usually makes the main villain defeat other characters, sometimes without even taking some damages, and then comes luffy who defeats him.
With kaido it'll be harder but it will still be mainly Luffy's work.
That's what I want to see, I don't care about power level here, luffy should whoop his ass.
But if Luffy is able to beat Kaidou ( 70%).

Who is still able to be a threat to Luffy ?