Character Discussion "I Am Oden!!"

Do Yamato's words make sense to you

• Yes

• No

• She's crazy

Results are only viewable after voting.
She is a complete nut-job and has some serious issues, that need to get treated.

When you meet a young child, whose father just died (at least in Momo's timeline) and proclaim that you're his dad, that's simply tasteless and batshit crazy.

It has never been about "trans-issues" or "gender-issues" with her, like some weirdos try to establish at the moment (especially on Twitter).

It has always been about her not being allowed to build an own identity due to Kaido keeping her in an golden cage and (probably) dictating what she has to do.

I really hope Oda finds a good solution for her character arc though, because I actually somehow like her (don't know why tbh).

Cringe as fuck. It is what it is.
Post automatically merged:

Kaido calling Luffy Joyboy is fine but Yamato being Oden is bad?:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:
One thing is saying to someone "you aren't like X character". And another different thing is screaming outloud "I am X character". Note that I don't rlly care about Kaido's comment because of the context, however, Yamato's comment is kinda cringe for me.

Last edited:
The toxic One Piece fanbase is making me dislike Yamato now. Not specifically Cinera nor someone like Den Den who thinks they are trash. Its just the whole Oden, gender thing going on. Everyone is at each others throats based on what Yamato prefers or what they are. Why Oda had to start this up during a very important arc in One Piece and continue to drag it out is beyond me. Just make a strong confirmation on the whole thing and be done with it. Theres a lot more important information we are getting that should be the main focus as we are nearing the end of this manga.
I don't think Oda has any clue that people are this rustled
Her character is trash, and will be trash until she gets over the Oden cosplay

I am convinced people only like her due to her character design which is a valid reason, but you cannot convince me it's due to her personality or character
Lol. I love Yamato and the gag. I'm going to keep enjoying it while people are mad. Maybe that makes it funnier.

As i say in a previous post, Wano/Onigashima is a complety different case of arc. A arc overcharged with characters, subplots, battles, etc. So expecting a quickly deep development on Yamato doesnt fit with the actual rhythm of transition of the series, even the top tiers of Kaido and Big Mom suffers of having a flat personality and participation/motivations (Except Katakuri, Perospero and Queen).

Yamato right now has two paths, stay with the Oden impersonation :whitepress: or "development" her convictions when she fight with her father or having a serious talk with Luffy. Another optional path its all the Oden impersonation are more deep than "she only reads his logbook" or for her the meaning of being Oden is more relationate with being free, than being a old dead man.

These reactions are something idk if i expected or not but with the lack of attention and focus people give to things you tend to have people whining about tropes.

for me yamato saying she's Oden.. is like her saying

SHE IS FREEDOM.
for me deducing that is enough to respect her character intuitively.

These reactions are something idk if i expected or not but with the lack of attention and focus people give to things you tend to have people whining about tropes.

for me yamato saying she's Oden.. is like her saying

SHE IS FREEDOM.
for me deducing that is enough to respect her character intuitively.
Yamato calling herself Oden is her Freedom.

Yamato calling herself Oden is her Freedom.
from my perspective.. Yamato thinks of Oden as the quintessence of autonomy and freedom.

for her Oden is synonymous to the most unadulterated freedom she has been exposed to.. a single phrase can mean various things.

the more i think about it the more i like her character.

if you just read between the lines even someone like Kanjuro would seem like a legend dwelling in the shadows

tbh i don't like her as Oden the women trying to become a Man (but its not same as sanji that he becomes gay & transgender, yamato just want to become a oden as a character)

so i like her only as a women. but it would be best tag team as Roger,Reylegh,Oden - Zoro,Luffy,Yamato

tbh i don't like her as Oden the women trying to become a Man (but its not same as sanji that he becomes gay & transgender, yamato just want to become a oden as a character)

so i like her only as a women. but it would be best tag team as Roger,Reylegh,Oden - Zoro,Luffy,Yamato
you have got it wrong.. she looks up to him as an example...

all she ever wanted was to be free.. so why wouldn't she call her self a materialized example of freedom..

thats PROFOUND LAD

@Cinera i hope you make similar threads for other characters you may like... this is a fresh NON toxic topic.. basically character discussions.. where the only evidence one can provide is their intuitive opinion..

and where personal opinion matters.. and are pretty honest in thread like these

from my perspective.. Yamato thinks of Oden as the quintessence of autonomy and freedom.

for her Oden is synonymous to the most unadulterated freedom she has been exposed to.. a single phrase can mean various things.

the more i think about it the more i like her character.

if you just read between the lines even someone like Kanjuro would seem like a legend dwelling in the shadows
That's basically it, but you get certain individuals who look only skin deep. It's a bit of bias.