General & Others Is Oda the best Japanese writer out there?

Oh this is the most stupid comment i’ve ever read , you idiot who cares for copying people’s faces he said he copied their faces he never denied it , when you are talking about characters you are talking about character building and development not this shit , and for fujitora the film itself is about a real story , a blind swordman , Oda decided to make a blind swordman so he chose this design to reapect him , but really who cares for face designs 😂
Post automatically merged:

Do you really think that pica’s gag is the thing that made oda a great writer ?

And considering that watching maya the honey bee is cultivation , you are really in danger
I dont know if anyone of you will take this man seriously after these posts or not, but I won't. 😂

Who do you remember having any bearing on the plot in Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, or WCI that wasn’t one of the main characters in any arc? The wiki is stuffed with names none of us care about, many of whom took focus away from characters we actually like, and many more of whom ARE important to the overall plot but have only been seen in short spurts to keep the intrigue alive.

I’ve said more than a dozen times on this website that Dressrosa, WCI, and now Wano could all have accomplished the same things they did in 20 fewer chapters apiece; the Birdcage bullshit could have been wrapped up sooner, Linlin could have chased them for two or three chapters instead of ten, and you’re kidding yourself if you think this raid isn’t taking far longer than necessary.

What happened to the light moments between the SHP? They’ve barely been together as a group since Punk Hazard, it blows not seeing all the characters we’ve come to love in the same place, joking around like they did in the first half of the series. All the fights are getting offpaneled, they don’t even get to breathe and develop because the author is more insistent on sticking to this five year plan for the end than actually showing the battles that drew a lot of people here in the first place.

@Manoomar2000 If you have the tiny balls to push me for examples after this, I’m just gonna keep quoting this post.
The first two things , I can’t say too much about it
But about the “light moments of straw hat “ you want him to stop the plot just because you want to see shp together ? oh yeah let’s take them all to a sneaking mission just because jew want to see them together

Surely he is one of the the best , the conflict is about being the best or just one of the best
Why does this even matter?

Is it not enough that the bloke is generally beloved by a large and doggedly loyal fan base?

Is it not enough that regardless of what critics say, One Piece remains one of the most successful and popular long running manga series of all time?

Is it not enough just to be considered good?

Why this obsession with trying to place Oda over literally every other mangaka in existence? Why the need to stamp on others just to put one man on a pedestal regardless of whether he objectively deserves it or not?

What makes this thread all the more pathetic is the fact that you have absolutely zero interest in any actual discussion.

The opening post is a low effort one liner with zero substance.
I think so , what do you think ?
Absolutely nothing to work with here but Lord forbid that anyone dares to disagree with the subjective stance of "I think" lest they get met with this kind of scathing wit....
Surely you are a dumbass

Who are you ? No one
All you respond with is either insults or just plain "I am right because I am right" arguments.

Mate, what is the point of all this if you are not even interested in actually conversing with people? Why even bother?

I certainly believed that when I started reading and watching One Piece for the first time. The only other anime/manga I had exposure up to that point was Dragonball.

I had far more emotional investment into this series than any other show or story I had ever watched or read up to that point in time. It was the first time I remember tearing up when watching anything.

I have since been exposed to other animes and mangas. While I still think Oda’s an amazing world builder and storyteller, I have since found other writers who’s work I enjoy more and resonate with me more.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
The first two things , I can’t say too much about it
But about the “light moments of straw hat “ you want him to stop the plot just because you want to see shp together ? oh yeah let’s take them all to a sneaking mission just because jew want to see them together
Yeah, I’m not surprised you don’t like my reasons…but I never said you had to like them for the criticism to be legitimate. A lot of people have stopped reading the series because those light moments have been sacrificed for a much faster pace with a stripped down story; whether you agree or not is immaterial.

I certainly believed that when I started reading and watching One Piece for the first time. The only other anime/manga I had exposure up to that point was Dragonball.

I had far more emotional investment into this series than any other show or story I had ever watched or read up to that point in time. It was the first time I remember tearing up when watching anything.

I have since been exposed to other animes and mangas. While I still think Oda’s an amazing world builder and storyteller, I have since found other writers who’s work I enjoy more and resonate with me more.
Storyteller and world builder ? It is amazing how nearly 90% of one piece watchers understand nothing about one piece and say oda isnt a great writer , one piece is the type of work that you have to read it more than one tume to understand it

Yeah, I’m not surprised you don’t like my reasons…but I never said you had to like them for the criticism to be legitimate. A lot of people have stopped reading the series because those light moments have been sacrificed for a much faster pace with a stripped down story; whether you agree or not is immaterial.
Iast time i read the title was one piece not strawhats

Storyteller and world builder ? It is amazing how nearly 90% of one piece watchers understand nothing about one piece and say oda isnt a great writer , one piece is the type of work that you have to read it more than one tume to understand it

Iast time i read the title was one piece not strawhats
"One piece is the type of work that you have to read it more then one tune to understand it" hahahahaha. One Piece fans doing big theories about OP going all wrong with thousands of content and reasonable explanation only for Oda coming with straight forward child thought like "GUTS" or will.
Haki is the dumbest power system ever. Oda just say this character has better will than other so he wins. And ignores all the background each character presented to truly have that said will.

"One piece is the type of work that you have to read it more then one tune to understand it" hahahahaha. One Piece fans doing big theories about OP going all wrong with thousands of content and reasonable explanation only for Oda coming with straight forward child thought like "GUTS" or will.
Haki is the dumbest power system ever. Oda just say this character has better will than other so he wins. And ignores all the background each character presented to truly have that said will.
Time * not tune
, many theories were right , if you have a resonable explanation to your theory it will be right indeed , that’s the point behind foreshadowing, haki is one of the smartest power systems ever , it is well explained and will built from the first chapter , give a fvcking example you dumbass , doflamingo fight you will say right , after law destroyed his inner organs luffy just has to finish him , a huge artwork like one piece cant be understanded from just one reading

List of a better mangaka :
Takehiko inoue
Tetsuya chiba
Takeshi maekawa
Tatsuya hiruta
Tsukasa ooshima
George abe
Akira toriyama
Even fujiko f fujio is a better mangaka than Oda.
Akira toriyama 😂😂😂😂
Oh yeah , you are absolutely right 👏👏👏👏👏

Lol not even. Yuyu Hakushu is a better written story than OP
There is no better written story than OP

Togashi is great but Oda is better

Time * not tune
, many theories were right , if you have a resonable explanation to your theory it will be right indeed , that’s the point behind foreshadowing, haki is one of the smartest power systems ever , it is well explained and will built from the first chapter , give a fvcking example you dumbass , doflamingo fight you will say right , after law destroyed his inner organs luffy just has to finish him , a huge artwork like one piece cant be understanded from just one reading

Akira toriyama 😂😂😂😂
Oh yeah , you are absolutely right 👏👏👏👏👏

There is no better written story than OP

Togashi is great but Oda is better
Well, if you compare them from the first till now then yes akira toriyama is better..
A bad series like DBS is still better than post TS especially since WCI..

More than writer let's say best mangaka, pretty sure japan must have some monumental writer like other nations have. To make an example it is like if we take the best at making comics in Russia and we say hevis the best russian writer when that country has Tolstoj.

Anyway, as best mangaka, that is subjective butbfor sure Oda is an hardworker, One piece speaks for itself, and his work has captivated millions of people in the decades. So for sure he is among the best candidates.