Current Events Is Toei right or is Toei wrong (Sanji vs Drake and P1)

Yes i one them dont like it write a message to oda and Toel
Everyone has their own fetish, it's not for me to judge. I just made my point, nothing more. I'm sorry if I offended you.
Post automatically merged:

The fight was trash in the anime, but technicaly Law should have easily defeated a Pacifista, because of his DF. Maybe the reason why Oda didn't show them fight one, because Law would seem wayyyy to overpowered.
Yes, thank you. I've already written about this a couple of times on other resources, but people just ignore the objectionable arguments.

No it doesn't give him hardening. People have been using the zoomed in manga shots of Sanji using it in WCI and Wano which have subsequently been clarified in the anime, this was less clear in the WCI vs. Daifuku shot because it was such a quick clash, but it was there!

Oda doesn't show it more because it's not cool to show it when he uses diable jambe because it messes with the visual effect, and it's not feasible to show it when he wears black trousers so the two instances of it shown in the manga are vs. Daifuku and vs. Drake where he wore white trousers or bare skin+ sandals.
Thats just your interpretation of what oda did not the truth, again the same thing you want to believe what you want.. And read my comment I said manga never properly showed him using koka. Even the daifuku one is debatable since its not clear and is just the art was small. If you want to debate and try to change others mind then its not going to happen.

Thats just your interpretation of what oda did not the truth, again the same thing you want to believe what you want.. And read my comment I said manga never properly showed him using koka. Even the daifuku one is debatable since its not clear and is just the art was small. If you want to debate and try to change others mind then its not going to happen.
So it's debatable due to small panels in two occasions and confirmed to be what we thought when not in small panels in the anime, but it's not canon because Oda didn't dedicate a double page spread to an ability that even pseudofodder characters like Sai use.
This isn't filling in gaps between panels (which itself should definitely be taken more canon than VC/databooks if it doesn't disagree with the narative from the manga), it's literally enlarging the panels that we already have to 1080p so we can see what happened more clearly.

So why isn’t anyone mentioning Zoro and Denjiro’s CoC clash? If manga is canon I guess Zoro and Denjiro have CoC now...
The lightning sparks are inconsistently used in the manga and anime, unless you think Oda confirmed Ulti as a user most recently or a dozen other times.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
But i thought manga was ca......you know what....nvm
Manga was a typo, meant anime...since that’s what the thread is about.

So it's debatable due to small panels in two occasions and confirmed to be what we thought when not in small panels in the anime, but it's not canon because Oda didn't dedicate a double page spread to an ability that even pseudofodder characters like Sai use.
This isn't filling in gaps between panels (which itself should definitely be taken more canon than VC/databooks if it doesn't disagree with the narative from the manga), it's literally enlarging the panels that we already have to 1080p so we can see what happened more clearly.

The lightning sparks are inconsistently used in the manga and anime, unless you think Oda confirmed Ulti as a user most recently or a dozen other times.
But in the anime, the black and red lightning effect is for CoC clashes.

Last time we see Drake in Manga - not down. Anime says differently - conflict with manga present.

Last time we see Peji-Wann in manga - not down. Anime supports the same, there is no conflict.
- The Manga also supports the notion that we dont know what happened afterwards.

Do you know what off-panelled means ? It means something happened....but Oda didnt show it. Saying that Drake and P1 was concious when they was last onpanel, as an argument contradicts the fact that something can happen offpanel. Now going by your logic, Sanji ran away in both instances since the last time we saw them they were conconcious. That is illogical reasoning, because Sanji running away based on that specific panel of P1 still being concious is actually contradicting what Oda has shown us. Which is Sanji is superior to P1....

Not only is he shown superior, we also have much more proof that he was knocked down. As in he kept quiet for 2 weeks, he never appeared for 50 chapters, he wasnt a threat to Sanji anymore, Drake is pissed at Sanji for a reason.

Now if we look at your illogical proof vs what is shown. Then we have this.

For Sanji running away: Not a contradiction because P1 was last seen unconcious. Yes unconcious and....the inferior fighter

Against Sanji running away and For Sanji defeating him: Sanji is the superior fighter, he kept quiet and irrelevant for 2 weeks, he never appeared for 50 chapters, he wasnt a threat to Sanji anymore, Drake is pissed at Sanji for a reason. Also Sanji seems him as a weakling that Usopp can protect Nami from

Verdict it is more logical and better to believe that Sanji defeated him and also deems him no threat. To the point he believes Usopp can protect Nami from him

As for Drake I agree, there is no proof that Sanji defeated him. But their is also no proof of what actually happened. Saying that Drake was concious when he was last onpanel, contradicts the fact that something can happen offpanel. It also fuels the argument that the plotline magically superceded and ended with Sanji and Drake teleporting in different areas. Honestly thats the best way explanation of what could have happened based on your reason.

Verdict: Who knows what happened.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Saying that Drake and P1 was concious when they was last onpanel, as an argument contradicts the fact that something can happen offpanel. Now going by your logic, Sanji ran away in both instances since the last time we saw them they were conconcious. That is illogical reasoning
No, your reasoning is illogical because you are hungry for Sanji feats and let your fantasy go wild in off-panel making up stuff...
The logical reasoning is something else, in both situations, Sanji had no time to beat either of them and he didnt do it source material.
Peji-Wann called it in before he even engaged Sanji and Sanji is not famous for beating strong people with a couple of hits.
In the capital, aside from Drake there were other Beast Pirate and Shogun's forces and Sanji had time and power to take out Drake?
It isnt happening, not against ancient Zoans which are stronger than Sanji anyway. Manga doesnt support Sanji winning in either case.

No, your reasoning is illogical because you are hungry for Sanji feats and let your fantasy go wild in off-panel making up stuff...
How do you know what im hungry for ? Did I even praise Sanji when saying that he defeat P1 ? No im just debunking this dumb theory that Toei created.

Your the illogical one for believing that their is truth to 1 of 2 off-panelled events. The amount of subjective reasoning is astounding.

This episode must have burnt your eyes...right.

The logical reasoning is something else, in both situations, Sanji had no time to beat either of them and he didnt do it source material.
Sanji landed a hit on P1. He screamed...but we do not know if he went unconcious after or not. After that attack...logically wouldnt he have finished him or not.

And to argue something that I know ypu will already say which is " How can P1 go unconcious....when hes shown screaming". Screaming is only indictibe of the pain the person is feeling. The damage it does to the body decides....whether they faint or not.

Using time as an argument is not good enough. Sanji's final attack could've easily knocked him down.

As for Drake....did you not watch this episode ? Realisticly....if Oda wanted to write that in, then he could. No one there is strong enough to interrupt Drake vs Sanji.

It isnt happening, not against ancient Zoans which are stronger than Sanji anyway. Manga doesnt support Sanji winning in either case.
No you cannot see it happening....thats what you mean.

Either way, you can believe Toei or you can believe Oda. Up to you....

Sanji never looked bad in any of them.

Toei believes in: Sanji > Drake > P1 ( as Drake is confirmed stronger than P1)

Oda believes in: Sanji ? >=< ? Drake >> P1

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
No im just debunking this dumb theory that Toei created.
This episode must have burnt your eyes...right.
You didnt debunk anything tho. I dont watch anime so that is also wrong.

Sanji landed a hit on P1. He screamed...but we do not know if he went unconcious after or not. After that attack...logically wouldnt he have finished him or not.

And to argue something that I know ypu will already say which is " How can P1 go unconcious....when hes shown screaming". Screaming is only indictibe of the pain the person is feeling. The damage it does to the body decides....whether they faint or not.
Using time as an argument is not good enough. Sanji's final attack could've easily knocked him down.

As for Drake....did you not watch this episode ? Realisticly....if Oda wanted to write that in, then he could. No one there is strong enough to interrupt Drake vs Sanji.
He cant scream if he is unconscious, can he? He landed hits on him previously too and he didnt go unconscious. Luffy landed Hardening clad G3 and didnt make him unconscious. Damage is already done before he even screams, screaming comes later, he isnt unconscious.
Manga doesnt show Peji-Wann down, neither does anime, the conflict doesnt exist.

I didnt watch it, only saw a clip of it. The point is, Oda didnt write that in which anime has shown. It has created conflict with the source material. There was plenty of people to interrupt Sanji vs Drake and their strength is irrelevant. Besides, Drake doesnt need help against someone like Sanji. He is a lot stronger character than Sanji.

No you cannot see it happening....thats what you mean.
Either way, you can believe Toei or you can believe Oda. Up to you....

Sanji never looked bad in any of them.
Toei believes in: Sanji > Drake > P1 ( as Drake is confirmed stronger than P1)
Oda believes in: Sanji ? >=< ? Drake >> P1
No, what I am saying is that source material doesnt support what you wish for. I always believe manga since that is source material.
Sanji didnt look bad against P1 because all 3 hits that he landed on hit, P1 didnt see him. One power struggle they had, P1 won easily.
He did look bad against Drake considering that Drake was in slowest and form least suitable for combat.
What Toei believes is not relevant to what source material shows. We have yet to see what Oda believes regarding Sanji power level. He still didnt give him anything conclusive in the entire post skip.

Peji-Wann called it in before he even engaged Sanji and Sanji is not famous for beating strong people with a couple of hits.
In the capital, aside from Drake there were other Beast Pirate and Shogun's forces and Sanji had time and power to take out Drake?
imo the manga does support sanji beating page one, more so than it supports the atrocious anime version of that clash.

sanji oneshotting drake is even more atrocious though

Saying that Drake and P1 was concious when they was last onpanel, as an argument contradicts the fact that something can happen offpanel
No it does not. The point is that the anime is contradicting what we see on panel, which is the case regardless of what happened offpanel.