Future Events Kaido Must Die

Will Kaido Die

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you also believe he will stay alive in sea stone cuffs?
Like I said earlier in the thread, the best way to get rid of Kaido permanently is to bury him alive in the Sea, underneath Onigashima. From what we know, God's Valley disappeared off the face of the Earth. If Kaido and Onigashima get sunk to the bottom of the Ocean, it would mirror God's Valley disappearing, never to be seen again.

"The weak don't get to choose the way they die."

Tbis is a concept Oda has been building up throughout the course of the New World, and especially within this VS. Yonko Saga.

Kaido is a character who is seemingly built up as the Strongest in the verse, and it just so happens that he has been trying to be the maker of his own destiny in regards to death for decades, yet no matter how much he tries, it constantly ends in failure.

The overarching theme here is being made abundantly clear, that no matter how much Kaido is touted to be the strongest, he will be forever doomed to not be able to go out on his own terms because despite what we see on the surface of his character, deep down he is in fact weak.

All these things you think is foreshadowing his death, is in fact foreshadowing the opposite. A battle the likes of which is taking place on Onigashima, is a battle that Kaido would have no problems losing his life in. It would be a Grand death that would cement his name into history. But from a narrative standpoint, Kaido will never be allowed to choose how he goes out, made apparent by the fact that no matter how many times he has tried over and over again to go out on his own terms, he fails.
Or it's just simply, a foreshadowing of his death. Don't think too much. In 997, Oda forshadowed Zoro's COC. And in 1010, bam there it is. Stop trying to find other excuses to say that the forshadowings mean nothing.

Or it's just simply, a foreshadowing of his death. Don't think too much. In 997, Oda forshadowed Zoro's COC. And in 1010, bam there it is. Stop trying to find other excuses to say that the forshadowings mean nothing.
Like I said, the statement "the weak don't get to choose how they die" and the fact that Kaido has been trying to go out on his own terms for decades, but failing has major implications. We already know that in terms of physicality Kaido is by no means weak, so it has to pertain to another aspect of his character. The only way Kaido gets to die this arc is by undergoing a character shift. Otherwise he is doomed to elude death on his own terms forever.

While I can definitely see Kaido dying in the end, I also think that Oda will throw a curve ball at us. My theory is:

Kaido will be beheaded, but that doesn't kill him.
I would argue that Kaido's decapitation was foreshadowed even more often than his death. Sure, you could say that it is one and the same, but Orochi begs to differ. And even Doflamingo seemed to have been beheaded in Dressrosa - it was just a clone, but two of Kaido's closest allies seemingly being decapitated could be foreshadowing that it will be the same for the big bad of that entire storyline.

There is also a lot of similarities between Kaido and the Myth of Shuten-doji, the most important one for my claim of course being
They cut off the drunken Shuten dōji's head, but even after cutting it off, the head continued to bite at Minamoto no Yorimitsu
And Kaido being immortal isn't a completely new theory, whether if it was done by the previous user of Law's devil fruit or is part of the powers of Kaido's own devil fruit, I wouldn't say that theory is dead.

Another reason for me to believe that Kaido will not die - although a significantly smaller one - is the screentime compared to Big Mom. She had an arc before Wano, is very present in Wano, and might even get more after Wano if she plays a role in Elbaf. Which is pretty likely considering her flashback and even smaller points like Lola being back via the coverstory. Kaido only having one arc, albeit the biggest one yet and maybe ever, seems unfair, and the fact that Big Mom is also part of that same arc doesn't make it better.

As for what happens to Kaido when he's basically just a head... well, the alliance with Big Mom might still persist afterwards, but I could also see Blackbeard taking the head, as Kaido has knowledge about Joy Boy, but more importantly about Rocks, and the connection between him and Blackbeard is more than evident.
No matter what, Kaido's head would go to Elbaf somehow, which seems to have strong influences from Norse Mythology. And guess who Kaido would be? Mimir, the keeper of the well of wisdom and also "just a head".

...I know that this theory is pretty extravagant, has many "ifs" that would need to happen and thus the likelihood is definitely less than five percent. But I like it, not just because it is mine and I haven't seen it done anywhere else, but also because it ties a few other theories together while still being new.
And I know a lot of people who would hate for Kaido to be reduced to a talking head, so seeing their frustration would be a plus as well. :kidsmile:

He has to die
scabbards said he had to
yasu implied he had to
oden tried kicking him out and getting him to not return but did state he came for his head
yamato insisted she was there to kick him out and he responds by saying that nowhere else will be enough . HE IS HERE FOR A REASON.
zoro doesnt have to kill kaido, but Kaido has to die . Not someone you lock up in impel down
and isnt someone that is just will play a role as some sort of ally in the final war like crocodile did in mf, far too strong.

as the strongest pirate , his death should shift things as wb death was and should seal the emergence of the younger generation of pirates like luffy similar to bb's after wb died.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
He has to die
scabbards said he had to
yasu implied he had to
oden tried kicking him out and getting him to not return but did state he came for his head
yamato insisted she was there to kick him out and he responds by saying that nowhere else will be enough . HE IS HERE FOR A REASON.
zoro doesnt have to kill kaido, but Kaido has to die . Not someone you lock up in impel down
and isnt someone that is just will play a role as some sort of ally in the final war like crocodile did in mf, far too strong.

as the strongest pirate , his death should shift things as wb death was and should seal the emergence of the younger generation of pirates like luffy similar to bb's after wb died.
Yup. Kaido nailed it this chapter. Kicking him off wano does nothing.

He has to die
scabbards said he had to
yasu implied he had to

And what better contender for his head than the Grandmaster after all given his intentions and how he looks the best candidate will to kill him wise + power to combo.

Yup. Kaido nailed it this chapter. Kicking him off wano does nothing.
He chose Wano because he knows about Joyboy and he wants to build his new Onigashima project.

Kaido said he wouldn't go (of his own free will without a fight), I'm sure Doflamingo and Crocodile "wouldn't go" until they were driven out by Luffy either.

When Luffy beats Kaido 1vs1 and they beat Kaido's crew:

Onigashima project, 20 years in the making, destroyed and made unviable.
Luffy now stronger than Kaido and growing stronger every day "becoming Joyboy", with a stronger crew, stronger fleet and actual competence in navigating and obtaining/decoding poneglyphs.

So much for "doing nothing"... Good luck to Kaido skulking around and trying to becoming PK after that.:moonwalk:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
He chose Wano because he knows about Joyboy and he wants to build his new Onigashima project.

Kaido said he wouldn't go (of his own free will without a fight), I'm sure Doflamingo and Crocodile "wouldn't go" until they were driven out by Luffy either.

When Luffy beats Kaido 1vs1 and they beat Kaido's crew:

Onigashima project, 20 years in the making, destroyed and made unviable.
Luffy now stronger than Kaido and growing stronger every day "becoming Joyboy", with a stronger crew, stronger fleet and actual competence in navigating and obtaining/decoding poneglyphs.

So much for "doing nothing"... Good luck to Kaido skulking around and trying to becoming PK after that.:moonwalk:
Lmfao keep crying. You got bodied this chapter.
He is on wano for a reason. He won't go anywhere else.
Nothing is stopping Croc going to alabasta right now lmfao they couldn't even hold him.
Hes nailed his own death.

and oda said villians don't get what they want, and kaido is death :sanmoji:
Kaido wants the biggest most famous death in the world, like whitebeard or Roger. If Zoro, some random pirate, kills him in an isolated Wano and no one outside Wano ever sees it happen, kaido will never get what he wants. He dies like anyone else in the raid, not on the world stage.

Lmfao keep crying. You got bodied this chapter.
He is on wano for a reason. He won't go anywhere else.
Nothing is stopping Croc going to alabasta right now lmfao they couldn't even hold him.
Hes nailed his own death.
You think Zoro will kill a future crewmate's father, against his captain and her wishes?
You think Oda will let Zoro kill Luffy's arc villain before Big News Morgan has reported Luffy took down a Yonko?

So cringe, I wonder how you will spin it when ZEK doesn't happen. Will Zoro execute Kaido "after Raftel" when it doesn't happen in Wano?:suresure:

Lmao, you're just annoyed because you know I am right. There is nothing idiotic about it. In fact it is sheer and utter stupidity to think you have it all figured out when Oda has being doing this shit for 23+ years.

This is just a bad attempt to push the ZKK narrative, by arguing against everything we know about Oda and One Piece.
Oda is excellent at setup and payoff and never really throws curve balls like this. You're describing hunter x hunter or Jojo's where shit will just not make sense on purpose or the author just does stuff to swerve you rather than giving you the logical payoff
Post automatically merged:

This guy's argument is pretty bad IMO. His refutation of Zoro Kills Kaido relies on several arguments/claims that I think are very bad/flimsy on their own:
  • He claims that Kaido may not die because that would be giving him what he wants.
  • He suggests that other characters have a better claim to killing Kaido like the Scabbards:
    • They already tried and failed.
    • They are not main characters, and it's always the Strawhats — even for side characters as important and beloved by the fanbase as Law — that are the heroes not the side characters.
  • He denies the validity of parallels between Zoro and Ryuma and suggests that Luffy has just as legitimate a parallel with Ryuma.
    • Lol.
  • He denies the validity and canonicity of the One Piece magazines.
    • As far as I'm aware, they reveal some important information that's canon to the One Piece story. I've not verified this though, so I can't speak on how much weight should be given to them.
  • He claims that Zoro is not important enough to take the role of slaying Kaido.
  • He claims that death is so exceptionally rare in One Piece.
    • Ignores how 6 groups of characters (including Kaido himself) and the Narrator have brought up Kaido's death.

As far as I can tell, this is a random YT guy that doesn't like the ZKK idea, watched one video on it and with the belief that ZKK could not happen set out to challenge/debunk that video.
Grandlinereview is like actually kind of stupid and forgets details constantly. He put a video out of "greatest mysteries in one piece" and one of them was where did kanjuro get his devil fruit/kanjuro doesn't have a devil fruit and it's just magic art powers like Miss Goldenweek. This was after Kanjuros devil fruit was shown on panel where orochi gives it to him. He's a speedreader who doesn't actually pay attention to detail and his stuff is just pandering to his Redditor fans

Last edited: