Character Discussion "Kaido, the strongest pirate" - how valid are characters statements?

In the recent chapter, Killer called Kaido the strongest pirate. Being the strongest creature you should bet 1 on 1 is a statement carried by many through the manga. "People say", which is what Law also said. Big Mom said that Kaido is not something you can't defeat. Yet it seems his status is yet up to debate to some people who say "well, Killer simply doesn't know how strong Mihawk is", and that his hype is fake rumor.

So question, how valid are statements made by characters? Obviously, it depends on the character. But I think that Killer is a valid source as the right hand man of one of the supernova, having a lot of knowledge on characters and infrastructure of pirate crews. More so than the audience. Also, such wide spread rumors in the world of one piece have to be based on something. Why is Kaido rumored to be the strongest 1 on 1 currently? Is it merely because they don't know how strong Mihawk and Akainu are (but for some reason know how strong Kaido is) and are unable to gauge the strength as good as the fandom of One Piece?

Sure, Whitebeard's title was kinda disproven in marineford, but it's because it was officially stated that Whitebeard gave in to his age and sickness. With Akainu saying that "even you cannot overcome old age" and with Whitebeard himself stating "I can't be the strongest forever". His title came from his prime, which he carried on up until marineford. Kaido however is in his prime.

@Sentinel @playa4321 @Admiral Lee Hung @Bogard @Finalbeta @Light D Lamperouge @HA001 @nik87 @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Red Admiral @Jo_Ndule

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Context is always important. This was used just to hype up Kaido though. He could be the strongest pirate, totally possible. But I don’t think the off comment here is evidence enough of that. Especially when we have Blackbeard gaining power in the background.
Post automatically merged:

I hate this fanfic

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
As valid as reliable since we have no proof that Oda wants to magically portray something that doesn't exist, which is Killer's knowledge on the matter.

Killer is unaware of Mihawk's power, so he is not allowed / entitled to state that Kaido is the strongest pirate. As simple as it looks.

Also when Oda wants to make something universally valid he does it like with titles. He introduces them clearly, above any suspect.

We got a full arc with BM and something like this was never said about her.
Oda wouldn't throw these type of absolute statements randomly. It wasn't a gag or someone from beast pirate who said this. Maybe it doesn't have the same weight as as an infobox but for me it's enough to put Kaido above any other pirate alive until proven otherwise.

no reason to question killer's assessment here
he is the strongest pirate .
why is kaido rumoured to be the strongest one in general?
well so far , ambiguous
same ambiguity that lies behind king elizabello's king punch.

do note however the same I cant be the strongest forever along those lines can be stated in this war.
if I were to apply the logic of folks who ask about the wss title
I would say
who did he beat to become the strongest overall?
oden?

but nah am better than that
however the world strongest pirate is coming from someone that you are likely to trust as a source of these things so yeah

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
We got a full arc with BM and something like this was never said about her.
Oda wouldn't throw these type of absolute statements randomly. It wasn't a gag or someone from beast pirate who said this. Maybe it doesn't have the same weight as as an infobox but for me it's enough to put Kaido above any other pirate alive until proven otherwise.
Except big mom has constantly been shown as kaidos equal this arc.
Samurai even went as far as to say they have 2 kaidos when seeing her.

Oda wouldn't throw these type of absolute statements randomly.
We don't know if it's the narrator talking or just one character. There's a clear difference as we know.

Why is Oda not entitled to make characters assert wrong things? Imagine how boring of a manga if everyone was right about anything.

Regardless all points toward the second option.

It depends on the character and how credible they are. Pica for instance saying he could solo Fujitora,Luffy, Law etc is obviously not reliable. You judge character statements along with other evidence.

Kaido is continually described as strongest. From the SBS, to the Ace novel, to even the narrated introduction. Where there is smoke there is fire. If everyone is saying it and no other character gets the same hype, then clearly Oda is trying to say something. He isn't out to deceive anyone as far as we know.

Nobody calls the AdmiraLs strongest at anything. On the other hand they say stuff that one can't be held back by a mere AdmiraL. LMAO.
never said
a similar sentiment however was applied to a yonko . lol
at least try to read fam.

and kaido isnt exactly equal to big mom
how long was their clash
aokiji akainu took ten days before a victor was declared
just means bigmom and kaido are close in power as you expect every top tier to be.

K

Kaido D. Stronger

Do widows still cry? Stop it is pathetic. Mihawk was shown in MF, he had duels categorized as legendary with SHANKS.
People have already tried and seen their strength.
Accept, he is WEAKER.
Being the best in a fighting class doesn't make you the best of all, this concept doesn't exist.
Either you are superior to all other fighting classes or you are not the best, what data do you have to say that MIHAWK is superior to akainu? DF LOGIA?
Akainu is not a swordsman, huh? does the MIHAWK title apply to this?
If only he had a rumor that said: in 1v1 always bet on MIHAWK, that would make him practically the most powerful of all, because the rumor covers all fighting styles.
Making you have the highest% on any type of fight, DF, sniper, Fighter.

Will you continue to maintain HEADCANON? Your title doesn't cover the whole world, and you know it.
Who would win between: Aokiji x Mihawk? use headcanon now to define a winner, because the data you don’t have (You have no facts!), you don’t even have a base. LOL

Last edited by a moderator: