Character Discussion "Kaido, the strongest pirate" - how valid are characters statements?

@Fujishiro @Zara quick question. MF WB compared to other Yonko? Weaker, stronger, equal??
I consider MF Whitebeard the weakest Yonko. Heart attacks, struggling to use CoO, CoA, CotC, getting hit by everyone. I assume you’re going to hit me with a statement about Whitebeard being the strongest while getting injured by Admirals to show Admirals > Kaido? 🌚

@Fujishiro @Zara quick question. MF WB compared to other Yonko? Weaker, stronger, equal??
I see where you're going with this, MF Whitebeard had the title but was shown to us the viewers with internal monologue of him saying he cant be the strongest forever, was shown sickly and half dying with heart attacks and faulty haki,etc

If we see Kaido saying that he cant be the strongest forever, or that he starts showing weaknesses like a disease or some sort of thing that would impede him greatly in battle, then his title wouldnt work anymore.

And so ill end it with this, MF whitebeard was the weakest yonko, im gonna go out on a limb and say that his decline started as soon as he removed his medical aid, and was precipitated by the squardo stab and the subsequent heart attack that allowed Akainu to get a free shot him.
Post automatically merged:

Officially, Kuma was a pirate and became a shishi.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I consider MF Whitebeard the weakest Yonko. Heart attacks, struggling to use CoO, CoA, CotC, getting hit by everyone. I assume you’re going to hit me with a statement about Whitebeard being the strongest while getting injured by Admirals to show Admirals > Kaido? 🌚
Correct.

MF volume covers, post WB's stab have Oda calling him the world's strongest pirate
Sengoku saying WB was at the top after MF
Even after Sengoku witnessed
> WB getting heart attacks left and right

> Being clapped by the Admirals

> Being called weak by Crocodile
> WB calling Garp a feeble old soldier and Akainu saying WB belongs to the same generation, thus implying the same is for WB

> Akainu telling WB he cannot beat old age
> BB telling WB he got old and couldn't even defend a single crewmate
still thought WB was at the top.

So what do we do now??

I see where you're going with this, MF Whitebeard had the title but was shown to us the viewers with internal monologue of him saying he cant be the strongest forever, was shown sickly and half dying with heart attacks and faulty haki,etc

If we see Kaido saying that he cant be the strongest forever, or that he starts showing weaknesses like a disease or some sort of thing that would impede him greatly in battle, then his title wouldnt work anymore.

And so ill end it with this, MF whitebeard was the weakest yonko, im gonna go out on a limb and say that his decline started as soon as he removed his medical aid, and was precipitated by the squardo stab and the subsequent heart attack that allowed Akainu to get a free shot him.
Read above.

My TV show is about to start. Be back later.

Correct.

MF volume covers, post WB's stab have Oda calling him the world's strongest pirate
Sengoku saying WB was at the top after MF
Even after Sengoku witnessed
> WB getting heart attacks left and right

> Being clapped by the Admirals

> Being called weak by Crocodile
> WB calling Garp a feeble old soldier and Akainu saying WB belongs to the same generation, thus implying the same is for WB

still thought WB was at the top.

So what do we do now??

Read above.

This statement itself shows that he didnt think of WB being at the top anymore.

And thus aknowledging that he is weaker than his past self.

Same here.

The Ace novel itself specificed that WB is the strongest for the way he lived, he was the freest, his legacy was astronomical and he was a living legend. Titles remain even after you decline.

I'm aware they did, but reread what I said bro.

Kuma was a pirate once, but we have not seen him as a pirate, thus we don't know whether he had a jolly roger or not. When he was a pirate he was called "the tyrant", how long ago was that? We don't know. Was it before the RA? we don't know. Etc etc. Why does this matter? Because a Jolly Roger is on a pirate's ship, which for Kuma is unknown.. but for Mihawk is known, his boat has never been shown with a Jolly Roger.

His introduction and role in the present storyline has been acting as a RA member -> World Government experiment -> Celestial Dragon slave. We did not see his Pirate days so far, assuming he actually had them and it's not a WG propaganda.
I dont think you get my point my friend, i meant that shishi are pirates at the end of the day in the eyes of the world and the WG.

Anyways, let's not stray off topic on that one.

Read above.

My TV show is about to start. Be back later.
Oh i read, what matters isnt what others think at the end of the day, its what you think and what the viewers infer from what's going on, If WB himself doesnt consider himself the strongest anymore and after we've seen him under multiple medicall equipment and then rapidly delining after, is enough for me.

And ill repeat it again, you use what others thought of him to solidify that he was still the strongest but he himself (the best judge of his own strenght relative to others) said he was not.

Enjoy your show.

Mihawk is a pirate. Every Shichibukai is a pirate. The statement applies to Mihawk just as much as it does to Shanks and Big Mom.
"Every Shichibukai is a pirate", except for when they're Shichibukai.

There is a reason why Smoker says, " A Pirate will always be a pirate". Because.. TECHNICALLY Warlords are not pirates, but World Government employees, just like the CP1-9/Marines/Agents/etc

However, for Smoker's personal belief once a pirate they'll still continue to act like their pirate ways. Smoker wouldn't say this if Warlords were considered pirates while they're Warlords.

Was Doflamingo a pirate? Yes
Was Doflamingo a pirate as a Warlord? No

Was Hancock a pirate? yes
Was she a pirate as a Warlord? No
Is she a pirate now? Yes

Was Buggy a pirate? Yes
Was Buggy a pirate as a Warlord? No
Is he a pirate now? Yes

Fellow Z bois, it is okay not to like a character but deliberately ignoring the hints and hype a character carries and gets through portrayal and statements is no good.

We all like Mihawk and you know if he was the one to get all that praise and hype,you'll be very quick to guarantee him as number 1 strongest pirate alive but hey since it is a character some of you don't like,you are very quick to close your eyes and look aside.

Even though there is no definite way of proving Kaido is rightfully number 1 pirate in strength, his portrayal and hype all indicate so and no Mihawk wank can change that at the moment.

Atm Kaido>Mihawk and it is no debatable from what we know of the 2 of them.

How come you left out the panel of Marco saying Whitebeard’s health is declining with a background image of Whitebeard taking off his IV system in the background? That’s a major piece of the context, don’t you think?

The difference between Whitebeard and Kaido’s situation is that Marco and Whitebeard disagree with Whitebeard being the strongest without his IV system. We also saw Whitebeard fight with and without his IV system and they were practically two different characters. Whitebeard with his IV system could react to Ace in his sleep and generate CotC/CoA powerful enough to split the heavens with Shanks to being unable to dodge anyones attacks, cant use CotC, and constantly getting heart attacks and struggling to use CoA sometimes.

Meanwhile we have not received any statements from Kaido or anyone else questioning his placement as the strongest nor have we seen anything in the manga feat wise to question his place as number 1, fortunately for all Kaido fans, Oden is dead.

Anyways my Yonko ranking is:

1) Whitebeard with his IV System
2) Kaido
3) Shanks
4) Big Mom/Blackbeard
5) Whitebeard without his IV system

Don’t think I’ll be changing my mind unless Kaido takes a major L in a 1 v 1 fight, or someone else is called the strongest pirate. And I think that’s fair.

I dont think you get my point my friend, i meant that shishi are pirates at the end of the day in the eyes of the world and the WG.
Well your post to me was addressing the "whys" of why I said I'm split on Mihawk. I personally have no interest in a Mihawk >/=/< Kaido discussion, on 1 day I might go with Mihawk > Kaido, the next Kaido > Mihawk, just one of those things that's a toss up in my eyes due to various story elements.

Hmm, dont recall bro. All i know is that he got called that. One of those times was Kizaru telling him: This is why you cant trust pirates. But there were other cases, my memory is fuzy sorry...
When did he say that, do you remember?

"Every Shichibukai is a pirate", except for when they're Shichibukai.

There is a reason why Smoker says, " A Pirate will always be a pirate". Because.. TECHNICALLY Warlords are not pirates, but World Government employees, just like the CP1-9/Marines/Agents/etc

However, for Smoker's personal belief once a pirate they'll still continue to act like their pirate ways. Smoker wouldn't say this if Warlords were considered pirates while they're Warlords.

Was Doflamingo a pirate? Yes
Was Doflamingo a pirate as a Warlord? No

Was Hancock a pirate? yes
Was she a pirate as a Warlord? No
Is she a pirate now? Yes

Was Buggy a pirate? Yes
Was Buggy a pirate as a Warlord? No
Is he a pirate now? Yes
The Shichibukai are both pirates and government employees. That’s why they still have bounty posters. Their bounty posters are merely frozen, not erased. If they were not pirates they wouldn’t have bounties anymore.