Character Discussion "Kaido, the strongest pirate" - how valid are characters statements?

They’re privateers
In One Piece world they are still pirates, explicitly addressed as such and put apart from "the other pirates" instead of just "the pirates", all of that while the Shichibukai is described as a system in which the World Government sanctions their pirating activities. Mihawk is a pirate whether a Shichibukai or not.

(And it's not like, even in our world, "privateer" was a set in stone concept shared by everyone, since an idem could be seen as a respected official or as a disgusting pirate depending on what country you asked).

Last edited:
Character statements are reliable unless you have solid evidence against it. Thats a basic way for an author to convey important information to the readers. How did we know Luffy knock out 50000 with his CoC at Fishman island? Because a side character told that to us. Should we start to doubt this number because that side character didnt count the knocked out enemies one by one? Oda wanted us to know that Luffy's CoC is strong enough to wipe out 50000 fodders, and used that side character to pass this message, simple.

Kaido already had (1) suicide chapter hype and (2) the Akainu SBS on his side. I havent seen any solid evidence against those. Killer's statement probably helps in childish debates against the flip-flop boys, who "will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience", but most of us already know Kaido is the number 1.

Last edited:
Island of the strongest
World's strongest creature
World's strongest pirate

So yeah, you can make a case for Kaido here except... who TF is Killer? Don't get hung up on what he says, and don't be a clown in believing that it means anything after this arc

no plot suggest mihawk or shanks needs to be the strongest pirate
lol
plot suggest mihawk is the strongest swordsman and shanks is amongst the strongest pirates.
I honestly don't see why most Kaido supporters are so obsessed with Killer's words.

There is literally more ground on the WSC thing than Killer's words and that's for an obvious reason: titles are universally accepted since directly coming from the author's heart content. Singular statements instead will always be criticized and dismissed. There are a few flaws for WSC as well but at least it's debatable. Instead what transpired recently lacks solid fundaments.

K

Kaido D. Stronger

1º Make people create a popular diatado. (We don't know when).

2nd Make people say that he is the WSC.

3. Get people to bet on Kaido in 1v1 matches.

4th Make sengoku say compliments in individual combat.

5th Law calls this (he) "WSC". and Skull (Romance Ace)

6th Make the murderer and Skull the Hypar above WB, in the novel and the murderer confirms him as the strongest pirate.

7th Big Mom praises kaido.

8th Make Orochi not fear anyone for having KAIDO by your side.

9th Make aokiji join the BB pirates and don't leave the Navy in distress, but make Big Mom join Kaido and cause a general alert.
Dominate the WORLD.

10th Make MONSTER launch a TOP TIER for 1v1 until death.

11th Make BB call him MONSTER.

12th Go kill WB in MF in front of the whole navy.

13th Challenge all emperors and the Navy.

14th Make Doflamingo cry for fear of KAIDO.

Damn how did you know that kaido is not the strongest? Look at that list it's impossible for him.

Damn, he will never be the strongest, Mihawk is stronger, he fought with VISTA, his record is much better than KAIDO's.

One Piece characters generally act in accordance with their knowledge level and motivations. Their statements should be taken as such. Killer is shown to be much more level-headed in comparison to, say, Kid, Luffy, and Zoro. Killer's statement probably stems from a combination of hearsay and personal experience. He's tangoed with both Shanks and Kaido. We're not seeing him call Shanks the world's strongest pirate. Given this, I think his opinion holds valid credence.

This, combined with other things we hear about Kaido, points to Kaido really being the #1 pirate and probably the #1 individual overall. I do personally think Big Mom and Akainu aren't too far away, however.

Character statement made by Killer comes from the reputation that Kaido holds, which is being the strongest pirate on the seas after Edward Newgate.

This is a viewpoint the Marines also hold, as they gave him the highest bounty (as much as people like to delude themselves bounty has no relevance to strength, bounty is one of the most basic ways to judge an established character's strength, long as they've been active pirates).

So what Killer states is a viewpoint that is widely regarded in the world of One Piece, that Kaido is the strongest pirate. The previous viewpoint was Whitebeard is the strongest pirate. What this means is Kaido showcased feats to the world of one piece that no other pirate so far has done.

Is it 100% valid and applicable to all pirates? No.

Because of this man right here:

Blackbeard still hasn't actively made any major moves like the other emperors have done for decade+ now. There's no accurate way for the Marines or the world of One Piece to know where he stands in terms of strength and threat level individually. His bounty would be just be based off of him beating Marco The Phoenix (or whoever had the highest bounty out of Whitebeard commanders).

Where as Big Mom/Kaido/Shanks are all established Yonko as far as the story is concerned. So Kaido's "strongest pirate" would be applicable to Shanks & Big Mom, but not Blackbeard.. because the world is fairly ignorant on his full prowess.

It's the same with Mihawk's title, Mihawk's title would apply to people who have now been established as a certain figures in the World Of One Piece and won't be making any huge moves. It wouldn't apply to let's say..somebody like Fujitora, if Fujitora just ate his Devil Fruit and is going to be getting stronger as the series goes. But the burden of proof for being stronger would be on Fujitora and not Dracule.

Similarly right now while the hype technically does not apply to Blackbeard, it's still Blackbeard's burden to prove he's superior to Kaido. But that's not gonna stop somebody like myself from claiming Blackbeard > Kaido, because of story reasons.

K

Kaido D. Stronger

Character statement made by Killer comes from the reputation that Kaido holds, which is being the strongest pirate on the seas after Edward Newgate.

This is a viewpoint the Marines also hold, as they gave him the highest bounty (as much as people like to delude themselves bounty has no relevance to strength, bounty is one of the most basic ways to judge an established character's strength, long as they've been active pirates).

So what Killer states is a viewpoint that is widely regarded in the world of One Piece, that Kaido is the strongest pirate. The previous viewpoint was Whitebeard is the strongest pirate. What this means is Kaido showcased feats to the world of one piece that no other pirate so far has done.

Blackbeard still hasn't actively made any major moves like the other emperors have done for decade+ now. There's no accurate way for the Marines or the world of One Piece to know where he stands in terms of strength and threat level individually. His bounty would be just be based off of him beating Marco The Phoenix (or whoever had the highest bounty out of Whitebeard commanders).

Where as Big Mom/Kaido/Shanks are all established Yonko as far as the story is concerned. So Kaido's "strongest pirate" would be applicable to Shanks & Big Mom, but not Blackbeard.. because the world is fairly ignorant on his full prowess.

It's the same with Mihawk's title, Mihawk's title would apply to people who have now been established as a certain figures in the World Of One Piece and won't be making any huge moves. It wouldn't apply to let's say..somebody like Fujitora, if Fujitora just ate his Devil Fruit and is going to be getting stronger as the series goes. But the burden of proof for being stronger would be on Fujitora and not Dracule.

Similarly right now while the hype technically does not apply to Blackbeard, it's still Blackbeard's burden to prove he's superior to Kaido. But that's not gonna stop somebody like myself from claiming Blackbeard > Kaido, because of story reasons.
I disagree, the world has witnessed BB in MF. I like the way you think, but I disagree with that.

I disagree, the world has witnessed BB in MF. I like the way you think, but I disagree with that.
You misunderstood what I've said. I didn't say the world has no idea about Blackbeard's prowess. I said the world does not have an idea about current Blackbeard's prowess.

What the world saw at Marineford was:
-> Him attaining the Gura Gura and fighting for few minutes after attaining it
-> His usage of the Yami Yami was fairly limited

That's all the world government knows about his prowess from Marineford.

Since then he's:
-> He's mastered the Gura Gura, He's mastered the Yami Yami (he barely had a year or so with the Yami yami iirc).
-> His crews gotten stronger, much much stronger, all of them being upgraded.
-> He now runs a pirate fleet

He beat Marco The Phoenix and WB remnants in an overwhelming fashion with his crew. But an overwhelming beatdown won't tell the Marines about his true prowess. In order to judge a person's true prowess you have to force them to their limits, something he has not been forced to. Shanks has with Mihawk and potentially one of the other emperors or other strong pirates to a point he's in the same ballpark as BM/Kaido in the eyes of the Marines (since it's doubtful he didn't fight an emperor in his rise to becoming one). Kaido has been pushed multiple times, he's got 7 losses, 18 captures afterall, so his full prowess is known. Big Mom has been on the seas for decades on decades, her full prowess is also known.

Blackbeard much like rest of the Worst Generation, grew stronger over those two years. Something that cannot be said for Shanks/Big Mom/Kaido, as nothing implies they had been mastering their DFs or Haki over those two years.

BB will get stronger or as strong as Kaido, for now he isnt. The simple fact that the man called Kaido a dreaded monster tells me he views him as something to fear or be apprehensive about, thats not how you view someone weaker than you. I have no doubt he'll get stronger thought, but not yet.

Unless you wanna pretend to know about the characters strength level better than the character himself. A man who is very calculating and only strikes when he knows he can win. The last person he called anything remotely close to what he did to Kaido was WB whom he called ''monster"

Last edited: