Future Events King & Queen

Okay so there’s obviously been plenty of talk about King & Queen lately. I’m going to try to lay out why I think they’ve clearly been shown as pair and what I think it ultimately means (spoiler Zoro v King). I know some Zoro fans have been resistant but I’m starting to see many of them come around.

Before I get into it I want to say that King is obviously stronger than Queen. Anyone saying Queen > King is trolling. I don’t think the gap is a substantially large one but that’s not really relevant to where I’m going.

So here’s why I think King & Queen are clearly meant to be portrayed as a duo with Jack as the distant odd man out and why that matters for Zoro v King.

First in how they were introduced. Together, talking down to Jack, bantering among themselves. This just one instance that doesn’t mean anything by itself.

Then we see them together guarding Momo. It’s King on one side Queen on the other. Jack is the odd man out once again. So this is twice now that King & Queen are portrayed as a pair, separated from Jack.

Then when the raid commenced they were shown together again. Just the two of them as a duo, again.

And later their zoan forms were shown together. We’re beginning to get into a serious pattern of King & Queen being right there with each other as a duo. It’s King & Queen. Never Queen & Jack or Jack & King.

Then Marco entered the picture and they got choked by Marco together. Oda is continuing to put these two in the same panels in similar positions to each other.

And we all know they proceeded to fight Marco together with Marco kicking them both around for a bit. Neither substantially separated themselves from the other against him which is a point toward the gap not being massive, but still we haven’t seen either go all out enough to say for sure and it really doesn’t matter.

With all of these laid out, I think it’s reasonable to conclude Oda wants us to associate King & Queen together with how frequently and how numerously he’s paired them together on a page. No other two YC have been paired like this in either Yonko crew we’ve seen so far.

With Queen set to fight Sanji as of the most recent chapter, that leaves Marco fighting King. Now I’ll admit King & Marco shared a strong parallel when it came to kicking Big Mom’s ship down the waterfall but that’s one moment vs a whole bunch of moments of Queen & King hanging together. But maybe it is going to be Sanji v Queen & Marco v King. After all King & Marco are both fire birds so they do have some stuff going for them.

But isn’t it convenient that Zoro just got brought down from the rooftop to be treated for his wounds? When Sanji & Zoro make for a much better duo than Sanji & Marco? It doesn’t matter where you power scale Zoro & Sanji, they’ve always been a pair.

King and Queen’s scaling doesn’t matter. Zoro and Sanji’s scaling doesn’t matter. They are a more compelling duo to fight a duo than Sanji & Marco because Sanji & Marco have never been portrayed that way. A pair vs a pair is simply more compelling than a pair vs two disconnected individuals and it fits past arc matchups.

King & Queen follow previous patterns for Zoro/Sanji opponents. They’re a straight man-gag man duo. The straight man has a sword. They bicker.

Kaku & Jabra were a straight man-gag man duo. Kaku had swords. They bickered.

Mr 1. & Mr. 2 were a straight man-gag man duo. One of them WAS a sword. They bickered.

King & Queen fit the pattern too much for me to think that King is going to fight Marco when Oda just brought Zoro down to the roof onto the live floor where King is. The coincidence is just far to great for me. If Marco is really Kings fight I’ll eat my crow when the time comes.

And for one last bit as a bonus, there’s been an interesting theory on King’s bounty. It’s unsubstantiated and it really doesn’t change anything in my eyes even if it’s debunked but I found it to be an interesting idea so I’ll mention it. We know Queen’s bounty is 1.32 Bil and we know Sanji’s is 330 Mil. IF King’s were to be 1.33 Bil then it would set up Zoro’s 320 Mil to create an inverse of each other. I’m not sure King and Queen are that close but if that were to be King’s bounty it would explain why Oda doesn’t want us to see it yet. Because it would certainly spoil Zoro v King. But then again Oda could just as easily be saving it for King & Marco.

Last edited:
Okay so there’s obviously been plenty of talk about King & Queen lately. I’m going to try to lay out why I think they’ve clearly been shown as pair and what I think it ultimately means (spoiler Zoro v King). I know some Zoro fans have been resistant but I’m starting to see many of them come around.

Before I get into it I want to say that King is obviously stronger than Queen. Anyone saying Queen > King is trolling. I don’t think the gap is a substantially large one but that’s not really relevant to where I’m going.

So here’s why I think King & Queen are clearly meant to be portrayed as a duo with Jack as the distant odd man out and why that matters for Zoro v King.

First in how they were introduced. Together, talking down to Jack, bantering among themselves. This just one instance that doesn’t mean anything by itself.

Then we see them together guarding Momo. It’s King on one side Queen on the other. Jack is the odd man out once again. So this is twice now that King & Queen are portrayed as a pair, separated from Jack.

Then when the raid commenced they were shown together again. Just the two of them as a duo, again.

And later their zoan forms were shown together. We’re beginning to get into a serious pattern of King & Queen being right there with each other as a duo. It’s King & Queen. Never Queen & Jack or Jack & King.

Then Marco entered the picture and they got choked by Marco together. Oda is continuing to put these two in the same panels in similar positions to each other.

And we all know they proceeded to fight Marco together with Marco kicking them both around for a bit. Neither substantially separated themselves from the other against him which is a point toward the gap not being massive, but still we haven’t seen either go all out enough to say for sure and it really doesn’t matter.

With all of these laid out, I think it’s reasonable to conclude Oda wants us to associate King & Queen together with how frequently and how numerously he’s paired them together on a page. No other two YC have been paired like this in either Yonko crew we’ve seen so far.

With Queen set to fight Sanji as of the most recent chapter, that leaves Marco fighting King. Now I’ll admit King & Marco shared a strong parallel when it came to kicking Big Mom’s ship down the waterfall but that’s one moment vs a whole bunch of moments of Queen & King hanging together. But maybe it is going to be Sanji v Queen & Marco v King. After all King & Marco are both fire birds so they do have some stuff going for them.

But isn’t it convenient that Zoro just got brought down from the rooftop to be treated for his wounds? When Sanji & Zoro make for a much better duo than Sanji & Marco? It doesn’t matter where you power scale Zoro & Sanji, they’ve always been a pair.

King and Queen’s scaling doesn’t matter. Zoro and Sanji’s scaling doesn’t matter. They are a more compelling duo to fight a duo than Sanji & Marco because Sanji & Marco have never been portrayed that way. A pair vs a pair is simply more compelling than a pair vs two disconnected individuals and it fits past arc matchups.

King & Queen follow previous patterns for Zoro/Sanji opponents. They’re a straight man-gag man duo. The straight man has a sword. They bicker.

Mr 1. & Mr. 2 were a straight man-gag man duo. One of them WAS a sword. They bickered.

King & Queen fit the pattern too much for me to think that King is going to fight Marco when Oda just brought Zoro down to the roof onto the live floor where King is. The coincidence is just far to great for me. If Marco is really Kings fight I’ll eat my crow when the time comes.

And for one last bit as a bonus, there’s been an interesting theory on King’s bounty. It’s unsubstantiated and it really doesn’t change anything in my eyes even if it’s debunked but I found it to be an interesting idea so I’ll mention it. We know Queen’s bounty is 1.32 Bil and we know Sanji’s is 330 Mil. IF King’s were to be 1.33 Bil then it would set up Zoro’s 320 Mil to create an inverse of each other. I’m not sure King and Queen are that close but if that were to be King’s bounty it would explain why Oda doesn’t want us to see it yet. Because it would certainly spoil Zoro v King. But then again Oda could just as easily be saving it for King & Marco.

You're just longing for a Zoro Sanji teamfight aren't you. I'm not completely sold on the idea but it would be very interesting if it happened. I just wonder if Oda's ready to throw away the YC1 portrayal that sets them apart from the other commanders, for a 2v2 matchup. I wouldn't mind it

@Shepherd I can understand how Queen and King are seen as a Duo now.

Very nice summary.
But let us make challenge.
Kings bounty will be declared as between 1450-1500
I’m not confident at all on King’s bounty. I can see it being anywhere from 1.33-1.48 mil. But I think lower 1.40s is more likely so I might take the challenge anyway even though it scares me lol.
Post automatically merged:

You're just longing for a Zoro Sanji teamfight aren't you.
I’m itching for it lol.

Last edited:
Exactly my thoughts. King has to be stronger than Queen but nothing till now suggests that the difference is as big as some say. If anything, Jack is the one who is always kept below them portrayal wise.

King > Queen >> Jack
  • Much younger than the other 2.
  • Is not a veteran commander from Oden's time.
  • Bounty difference should be much bigger in comparison to Queen and King most probably.
    • I don't think his bounty is higher than Luffy at all and we know that the Beast Pirates do consider bounties when power-scaling because of Luffy's defeat announcement.
  • Was being talked down by the other 2.
  • King and Queen are getting major characters as their match-ups while Jack, not so much. No offence to Inu tho, lol.

Exactly my thoughts. King has to be stronger than Queen but nothing till now suggests that the difference is as big as some say. If anything, Jack is the one who is always kept below them portrayal wise.

King > Queen >> Jack
  • Much younger than the other 2.
  • Is not a veteran commander from Oden's time.
  • Bounty difference should be much bigger in comparison to Queen and King most probably.
    • I don't think his bounty is higher than Luffy at all and we know that the Beast Pirates do consider bounties when power-scaling because of Luffy's defeat announcement.
  • Was being talked down by the other 2.
  • King and Queen are getting major characters as their match-ups while Jack, not so much. No offence to Inu tho, lol.
As of right now I personally think that Queen is much closer to King than Jack is to Queen but if King’s bounty turns out to be something crazy I’ll take it back.

For Jack I’m hoping Inu isn’t really his final matchup.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Yeah, Oda’s intentions are very clearly for us to consider King and Queen as a pair. The two have been put together about as much as Ulti and Pay Pay.

There’s also the two of them being the only of the main Beast Pirates at the battle against Oden, making them both Kaido’s longest running members. Except maybe the Numbers, but they’re fodder and don’t really count.
Marco and Jozu got the same treatment (prior to Jozu’s crippling anyway).

The top WB were basically the top Beast Pirates that actually like each others. Marco and Jozu are King and Queen, with Vista being the Jack who comes in occasionally and Ace and Yamato being wildcards.

I’m not confident at all on King’s bounty. I can see it being anywhere from 1.33-1.48 mil. But I think lower 1.40s is more likely so I might take the challenge anyway even though it scares me lol.

I’m itching for it lol.

Good write-up overall.
All of this speculation will be revealed once king's bounty is released.
If it is close to 1.32, then yes to the pair comparison.
If it is something like a 1.5+, then the gap is clearly visible.

Your thread is 100% right.

marco also said in 999 he’s going to kaido but not straight away and Oda has no reason bringing zoro to the live floor just for him to go back. There’s easier ways to do it.

Since sanji is fighting queen rn I see it happening like this.

Izo and Kawatsmu are already at the live floor. They decide to hold off king so Marco can head to the roof where kaido will end up against because Yamato.

Zoro will be getting healed by chopper.

Eventually one of the two scabbards die most likely izo imo because he shot kings sword and king may want revenge and kill him.

Zoro steps in and that sets up zoro and sanji vs king and queen.

No one can reasonably argue against what you put out.

I also agree I believe kings bounty will be 1.33 billion. Has to be less then luffys but greater then queens and it needs to have meaning and not be something random.

1.33 would explain a lot

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I can see them as portrayed as a pair, but when it comes to the fabric of power levels I prefer to be skeptical, and I'm not even factoring the hierarchy of the underworld: King, Queen, Jack.

But as a matter of fact just looking at their current match ups and their odds, I'm more inclined to believe that King stands the best chances to stand out as overall more powerful than Queen and I won't necessarily be proven correct. This is also the beauty of the series in my opinion.

I agree, nicely written. King and Queen have definitely been portrayed as a duo. I don't think that King will be far stronger than Queen, though I obviously believe that there will be a difference.

• Their bickering like relationship share similarities with the Zoro and Sanji dynamic and it could create the context for two awesome 1 vs 1. Imagine if these four are fighting closely to each other and from time to time you get some dialogue from King and Queen or Sanji and Zoro, Oda could get very creative here and the fights could become even more enjoyable. For example, imagine that we get a moment of King briefly trash talking Queen for a kick he received from Sanji. It would be amazing lol

• While the two fights would essentially remain 1 vs 1 ones, Oda could also write a moment where for example, Zoro and Sanji use a combined attack/offense or the same for King and Queen. Think about how good this could look, even just aesthetically.

Zoro/Sanji moments are great to me. It's not about powerscaling, which I feel stops some people from wanting more of their duo dynamic because they feel that those moments may somewhat threaten their power/(difference in) strenght portrayal, when it couldn't be more far from the thruth.

I think this is clear and simple to understand, but some people just can't accept this 'cause it would associate Zoro and Sanji leaving an opening door to a powerscaling discussion between the two that they though it was dead and closed after Fishman Island.
:kayneshrug:

King and Queen are literally the Kaku and Jabura or the Mr1 and Mr2 of the time skip.

Yet kaku was much stronger than Jabura just as MR 1 was much stronger than MR 2, theres not even a contest.

Dont kid yourselves, even if Queen has end up having a bounty similar to King it would be because he is not just a fighter but a dangerous cientist that can make dangerous bioweapons too, while King would only have a high bounty due to his fighting ability alone. Just like Sanji only has a high bounty because of his family and not due to his achievements. Remenber BOUNTIES ARE NOT A POWERSCALE TOOL, or else 8yo Robin would have been able to wipe the floor with the entirety of the east blue including Luffy. I see a lot of people in this thread putting too much importance on bounties wich frankly, is absolutely retarded.
:suresure:

Last edited:
Yet kaku was much stronger than Jabura just as MR 1 was much stronger than MR 2, theres not even a contest.

Dont kid yourselves, even if Queen has end up having a bounty similar to King it would be because he is not just a fighter but a dangerous cientist that can make dangerous bioweapons too, while King would only have a high bounty due to his fighting ability alone. Just like Sanji only has a high bounty because of his family and not due to his achievements. Remenber BOUNTIES ARE NOT A POWERSCALE TOOL, or else 8yo Robin would have been able to wipe the floor with the entirety of the east blue including Luffy. I see a lot of people in this thread putting too much importance on bounties wich frankly, is absolutely retarded.
My suggestion do not think so much :)
Your first argument does not worh to discuss. totally worthless.

To be captured plague is a way of attack skill dumb knock knock.

Having 20 more Doriki is makes you much stronger than someone?

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
It seems that Sanji fans are back to hoping that Sanji is equal to Zoro.
It seems their memory is 5 chapters long, they already forgot what happened on the rooftop. :yasu:
I guess, if you ignore things you dont want, you could still say that Sanji is equal to Zoro.
The issue is, in every arc you need to forget more and more of Zoro's feats. :rolaugh:

It seems their memory is 5 chapters long, they already forgot what happened on the rooftop. :yasu:
I guess, if you ignore things you dont want, you could still say that Sanji is equal to Zoro.
The issue is, in every arc you need to forget more and more of Zoro's feats. :rolaugh:
Literally nobody here said that they are equal, but the thread is talking about King and Queen being heavily portrayed as a duo which leads towards Zoro and Sanji seen as a duo too in the upcoming fight as it's always been until Fishman Island.
- Zoro is obviously stronger than Sanji BUT the gap between them is nowhere as gigantic as lot of people enjoy to believe.
- It's Luffy>Zoro>Sanji and not Luffy=Zoro>>>>>Sanji.
My God, I literally have read lot of comments here saying Zoro>Luffy, talking about denial.
:kaidowhat: :lawsigh:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
It's hilarious how even pushing the false narrative of Queen = King to infinity and beyond is not remotely enough to have Sanji and Zoro equal. They would need at least to use Kaido as a paradigm, not a scrub like King.

Quote the posts in this thread saying Sanji is equal to Zoro