Speculations Monster Trio Matchups

The stage looks set now for Luffy v Kaido, Zoro v King, Sanji v Queen.

At this point Luffy v Kaido needs no explaining. They are the only two left standing on that roof.

Marco has held off King & Queen. He’s likely going to get overwhelmed soon. His last act will be healing Zoro as much as possible.

King & Queen are going to want to go to the roof to help their captain. Zoro & Sanji will play bodyguards. No one interrupts their captain’s fight. Kaido should be sufficiently injured after that Asura hit. I bet even he doesn’t know how badly yet. I’d bet money he’s going to cough up blood again from it similar to how Whitebeard had his heart attack vs Akainu, but that’s purely speculation.

Zoro even after Marco heals him should be sufficiently nerfed enough to fight King now. Zoro gets his sword wielding opponent and beating a YC1 after what he’s endured on the roof will be a monumental feat. Sanji v Queen has the Judge set up.

For a bonus, I think Jack goes to Yamato. But that one isn’t as clear cut.

I’ve been fine with King or Queen vs Sanji. While Zoro was on the roof I thought it very well may be King, but I’ve always thought that if Zoro comes down from that roof it’s Zoro v King & Sanji v Queen. It just makes too much sense. Sometimes the most obvious answer is the correct answer. King is likely a swordsman. Queen mentioned Judge and is a scientist. King & Queen were introduced bickering Zoro & Sanji style. Queen fits Sanji’s usual powerful but still gag character opponent. King fits Zoro’s more stoic and serious opponent.

Mr 1 & Mr 2 - First time shown together they butted heads. Mr 1 stoic & blade user. Mr 2 gag character but still a capable fighter.

Kaku & Jabra - Bickering about who is stronger and also about Kaku’s devil fruit. Kaku the more serious of the pair and a blade user. Jabra had his lying gag.

It’s enough of a pattern to easily translate it to King & Queen. It makes sense that Marco heals Zoro with his last bit of juice & then Zoro & Sanji take over.

If Marco helps against BM, Zoro fights King.
If not, Law and Zoro recover and help against Big Mom. Dunno if Killer can carry Kid for that long though. If Yamato and Hawkins arrive, Law and Zoro can take a longer break.

Kaido vs Luffy
Zoro or Marco vs King
Sanji vs Queen

His chapter will be him returning to the roof after all the dome fights occur imo
Zoro's chapter will be right after Brook's.

Nami (gets Zeus back to fight Ulti)
Franky (something about Sasaki)
Sanji (has to fight Queen)
Usopp (something about Page One)
Brook (has to fight Who's-Clues)
Zoro (has to fight King)
Post automatically merged:

Neat pattern I just noticed.

Nami (weak trio) -> Ulti (weaker Tobi Roppo)
Franky (mid trio) -> Sasaki (stronger Tobi Roppo)
Sanji (monster trio) -> Queen (Lead Performer)
Usopp (weak trio) -> Page One (weaker Tobi Roppo)
Brook (mid trio) -> Who's-Who (stronger Tobi Roppo)
Zoro (monster trio) -> King (Lead Performer)

Zoro (has to fight King)

The way I see it:

Nami - Gets Zeus and she and Usopps fight truly starts

Calamities - Marco is defeated and we see their Hybrid forms

Franky - New guns

Tobi Roppo - All show their hybrid forms

Sanji - Begins his fight with a calamity

Law - Begins his fight with Hawkins

Combat chapters commence

Usopp - Finishes fight with Page One and ulti

Hiyori - she and Zoro talk and is interrupted by orochi

Brook - Finishes fight with Black Maria

Yasuie - A chapter where Hiyori kills orochi after Zoro does cool shit after Yasuie flashback

Zoro - Returns to the rooftop where the nine shadows fight Kaido

Zoro needs time rest and I doubt king is just going to wait for Zoro to be fully healed and Zoros not going to go searching for king in his current predicament.

Zoro (has to fight King)
Post automatically merged:

Neat pattern I just noticed.

Nami (weak trio) -> Ulti (weaker Tobi Roppo)
Franky (mid trio) -> Sasaki (stronger Tobi Roppo)
Sanji (monster trio) -> Queen (Lead Performer)
Usopp (weak trio) -> Page One (weaker Tobi Roppo)
Brook (mid trio) -> Who's-Who (stronger Tobi Roppo)
Zoro (monster trio) -> King (Lead Performer)
I think these are the obvious match ups except for Brook v WW. I had originally also expected those two once Franky v Sasaki became clear but with Jimbe currently fighting WW that may just be Jimbe’s fight. If Jimbe leaves for any reason it’s Jimbe v Jack & Brook v WW. For now I’ll speculate that Yamato fights Jack which would go a long way to cementing her Strawhat status. I hope Black Maria & Robin becomes a 1v1 so I hope Brook finds someone else. I’m still not against Brook v Apoo. Besides the music theme Brook also may be immune to Apoo’s main attacks because he’s a skeleton. But I’m not confident enough to lock that match up in because Apoo may still betray Kaido. Brook & Chopper are the hardest Strawhats to match up right now.