Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Lilith is totally being made into the next cover story character, there no way she will join the SH.

Not only VP abilities make Franky, Robin, Chopper, Nami and Usoop useless, but she is also a minor character in the arc, is just random. Momo, Carrot and even Yamato had much more focus, and arent SH.

Only Bonney is really looking like a potential SH, but i hope she just stay at Elbaf with Kuma/Stussy/Lilith or whatever, because the character is terrrible, and Elbaf would be a place where she wouldnt be hunted by the WG.

At this point of the story the only character i could take as a SH without feeling forced is Vivi
People been doing this rodeo for years now and no one joins. Bonney was probably the only one that checked the most boxes after Jinbe and she still probably won’t join. I haven’t even read the Egghead arc fully but side characters like Stussy aren’t joining for sure, it takes a certain amount of significance to take a leap from side character to main cast.

People been doing this rodeo for years now and no one joins. Bonney was probably the only one that checked the most boxes after Jinbe and she still probably won’t join. I haven’t even read the Egghead arc fully but side characters like Stussy aren’t joining for sure, it takes a certain amount of significance to take a leap from side character to main cast.
Yeah. Luffy and her never really interacted, Luffy never invited her to join, her notable appearances in this arc can be counted on one or two hands, the arc's almost ending and she still has no flashback, unless its a Nami and Robin scenario where her past or joining details will be given at a later arc. Bonney pretty much achieved all of these except Luffy asking her to join or Bonney asking to join.

I personally jumped off the new nakama train altogether after seeing how the rest of the straw hats and even Jinbei just feel like background characters now. Another new character would just make the rest of the crew even more redundant since its clear Loda can no longer juggle their screen time equally. Sabaody really was a mistake ...

Last edited:
I do think Bonney can fit as the apprentice. Not an apprentice in that she's a lower rank than the rest of the crew, but in that she's Luffy's mentee and future successor. Being mini Nika makes her perfect for this.