Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
She literally can’t go back. She’s on the run from the WG now, and going back to Alabasta would risk puttings the citizens in danger. We all know what happened to Lulusia.

Imu can nuke a country in a matter of seconds, so if Luffy isn’t there then they’re screwed.
Sorry my phrasing was bad. I meant she can return to the strawhats, as she can not go anywhere else. But after imu has been defeated she can has to go back and rule alabasta.
Post automatically merged:

Do you think the sh crew will stay together forever even after they achieved their dreams?

I think they're going to disband eos
I know a lot believe that. But I don’t think that’s the case. Luffy will keep being a pirate until the end of his days and the strawhats will stay by his side.

Sorry my phrasing was bad. I meant she can return to the strawhats, as she can not go anywhere else. But after imu has been defeated she can has to go back and rule alabasta.

I know a lot believe that. But I don’t think that’s the case. Luffy will keep being a pirate until the end of his days and the strawhats will stay by his side.
Unless Luffy dies and kinda parallels Roger in that. Not because he's executed, because by EOS I would expect him to change the world for the better, but because his DF usage shortens his lifespan somehow or something like that.

Unless Luffy dies and kinda parallels Roger in that. Not because he's executed, because by EOS I would expect him to change the world for the better, but because his DF usage shortens his lifespan somehow or something like that.
I get that the usage of his devil fruit shortens his life span but to die at the age of 19 is too much. And people don’t stop living after they achieve their dreams. I know the strawhats parallel the roger pirates quite a bit yet are different in other ways. So I believe them staying together and enjoying their life’s as Nakama to be the most logical explanation. Luffy would be bored as fuck in his home town. Zoro probably as well. Sanji can return to Zeff but he fits better with the SH. Robin doesn’t have nowhere to go either, same for brook. Franky as an outlaw can not return either and the same goes for a lot of the strawhats. And as far as I know Oda once said that the last panel of one piece has been drawn already and it is all the strawhats together. I’ve read this once somewhere so please don’t ask me to look it up. I’m not saying it is 100% certain just that I remember reading this somewhere from Oda’s interviews. Maybe someone knows the interview or if this fake information.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever
She literally can’t go back. She’s on the run from the WG now, and going back to Alabasta would risk puttings the citizens in danger. We all know what happened to Lulusia.

Imu can nuke a country in a matter of seconds, so if Luffy isn’t there then they’re screwed.
This. Vivi is smart. Once she realizes her father was murdered by the strongest forces in the WG, there's no way she's return home just to have CP0 or some other force kidnap/kill her.

Who in this thread wants to tell me Alabasta's pathetic military is actually going to protect Vivi from Imu and the WG? Huh? WHO WANTS TO TELL ME ALABASTA'S MILITARY IS STRONGER THAN THE STRAW HATS?????!??!?!??!??! HUH????????????? Luffy can solo the entire fucking kingdom, oi.

Alabasta cannot defend Vivi, and she would be bringing danger to her kingdom by returning there. Now that she knows she's a wanted woman, the place to go is obvious; piracy.

Vivi is the first domino to allow others to join, a queen who excels at connecting other kingdoms. We already saw this at Reverie, with her meeting with Rebecca and Shirahoshi.

Vivi's purpose as a Straw Hat is to unite the kingdoms the Straw Hats are connected with as a sovereign, as her status and stature is perfect to lead a revolution like this.

Imagine you're a rando in the One Piece world, and you hear that after her father was murder by the World Government, Vivi joined the Straw Hats, a Yonkou Crew, to revolt against the World Government. That's a way bigger deal than Dragon or Sabo making a declaration. This is the Queen of a founding nation stating the entire World Government is corrupt and declaring open hostilities against them.

This will lead to a new alliance, where Dressrosa, Sai's country, and others form a super-alliance of nations to stand against the World Government.

Since Vivi is so connected to revolution, she'll either rejoin the Straw Hats now, or meet up with the Revolutionaries now (teased with Cobra and Sabo) to discuss things.

Either way, Vivi's connection to revolution, the D, and the Ancient History will lead her to be the link that finally brings Luffy and Dragon together.

The Princess who stopped Alabasta's revolution, will join the Straw Hats to cause multiple nations to revolt against the World Government, which, to me, is really good writing.

Pre-time-skip Vivi: stops a good kingdom from being destroyed through revolution and becoming an evil kingdom.

Post-time-skip Vivi: stops an evil kingdom from destroying good kingdoms through revolution.

:kata:

I am now formally withdrawing my support for Vivi as a nakama, there is no way in hell you're gunna have 2 Ds in the SH, this reeks of Law, this reeks of Yamato, this reeks of ultimate princess in distress arc format, the starter of the D thing is literally Vivi's ancestor.

I'm gunna hold out till 1088 for a certain someone and if that doesn't pay off, i'm officially retiring and deleting my account and tapping out of this ordeal.

:peperain:
The D is a shared, not given, name.

That was the entire point of the Sabo/Ace/Luffy flashback; it was Oda using a cute scene to show that the name D is shared with friends.

Ace literally gave Sabo the D (oh... wait... ah, fuck it, I'm letting it stand) when he called him "Sa D. Bo".

The World Government is obsessed with bloodlines and racial purity, obsessed with family lines and prestige. The D Clan was the opposite, and freely gave the inital D, meaning Dawn, to whoever amongst them wanted it.

All the Straw Hats will be D's by the end of the series, since they're all enemies of the WG, as they're Joy Boy's Nakama.

Roronoa D. Zoro
Nami D. Imu (you heard me)
Go D. Usopp (Nice Merry Go reference if Oda goes this route)
Sanji D. Vinsmoke
Tony Tony D. Chopper (I love this one)
Nefertari D. Vivi
Nico D. Robin
Cutty D. Flam or _______ D. Franky (Cola?)
_______ D. Brook (Bones?)
_______ D. Jinbei (Nile?)
_______ D. Carrot (Barrel?)
_______ D. Yamato (Oden??????)
Kurozumi D. Tama
Momonosuke D. Kozuki

The possibilites are endless

Speed = Spee D. Horse
Gaimon = Chest D. Gaimon
Foxy = Fox D.

Dread it, run from it. The D. is coming. DEEHAW!!! IVANKOV IS HERE TO GIVE EVERYONE D'S!!!

Last edited:
People are basing their nakama of the week choices on theories about who might need to go to laugh tale, who might fight Kuzan, and who might have nowhere else to go, and ignoring the only nakama theory that matters, who will inherit Vegapunk's dream.

I really can't overstate how telling that dream is. To find the eternal energy source and use it to power the whole world. That is the most Strawhat dream yet. More than any of the others. One Piece doesn't give dreams like that to non-strawhats. Not even every strawhat has one like it. Some characters have smaller dreams like becoming a master merchant, or vague dreams like "seeing the world", but the grand adventurous dreams with that sense of childlike wonder are reserved for Strawhats and the mentors who pass the dream down to them. I don't believe there is even one example of this not being true. Either Vegapunk is joining the crew or he's the mentor of someone who is. Whoever he mentored that shares his dream is joining the crew after he either retires or dies, and if there is no such person, then Vegapunk himself is joining. That's all there is to it.

People are basing their nakama of the week choices on theories about who might need to go to laugh tale, who might fight Kuzan, and who might have nowhere else to go, and ignoring the only nakama theory that matters, who will inherit Vegapunk's dream.

I really can't overstate how telling that dream is. To find the eternal energy source and use it to power the whole world. That is the most Strawhat dream yet. More than any of the others. One Piece doesn't give dreams like that to non-strawhats. Not even every strawhat has one like it. Some characters have smaller dreams like becoming a master merchant, or vague dreams like "seeing the world", but the grand adventurous dreams with that sense of childlike wonder are reserved for Strawhats and the mentors who pass the dream down to them. I don't believe there is even one example of this not being true. Either Vegapunk is joining the crew or he's the mentor of someone who is. Whoever he mentored that shares his dream is joining the crew after he either retires or dies, and if there is no such person, then Vegapunk himself is joining. That's all there is to it.
Vegapunk has some big death flags tho
So I don't expect him to join
Stussy or his satellites are more likely (although I dunno if satellites will keep on functioning if old man dies)

I get that the usage of his devil fruit shortens his life span but to die at the age of 19 is too much. And people don’t stop living after they achieve their dreams. I know the strawhats parallel the roger pirates quite a bit yet are different in other ways. So I believe them staying together and enjoying their life’s as Nakama to be the most logical explanation. Luffy would be bored as fuck in his home town. Zoro probably as well. Sanji can return to Zeff but he fits better with the SH. Robin doesn’t have nowhere to go either, same for brook. Franky as an outlaw can not return either and the same goes for a lot of the strawhats. And as far as I know Oda once said that the last panel of one piece has been drawn already and it is all the strawhats together. I’ve read this once somewhere so please don’t ask me to look it up. I’m not saying it is 100% certain just that I remember reading this somewhere from Oda’s interviews. Maybe someone knows the interview or if this fake information.
He said that he knows what the last page/panel is but he’s never said what it is.

I figured out the meaning of D. Get ready for a crackhead theory guys.
Since the D is a shared moniker of the allied forces against the 20 kingdoms it stands for Dosta. It comes from Albanien and means compadres.
:myman:

He said that he knows what the last page/panel is but he’s never said what it is.
Thank you for clarifying. As you can read a lot of shit on the internet and not everything is true. I never trust information that is not referenced. So I didn’t want to put it here as 100% confirmed.

Vegapunk is 100% sailing with the crew, in a Law role at the least (I think Bonney will, too).

The more and more I think about it, the more I like the theory where Luffy ends up with the same number of crewmates as Roger.

Fuck it, give me Paulie, Bonney, two/three different Vegapunks. Hell, fucking Rob Lucci, Wano broke me, I'm ready for any shitshow to occur now, I just want it to be amusing.

Vegapunk is 100% sailing with the crew, in a Law role at the least (I think Bonney will, too).

The more and more I think about it, the more I like the theory where Luffy ends up with the same number of crewmates as Roger.

Fuck it, give me Paulie, Bonney, two/three different Vegapunks. Hell, fucking Rob Lucci, Wano broke me, I'm ready for any shitshow to occur now, I just want it to be amusing.
I also think that it is a possibility that someone other than the last crew member could sail with Luffy from Egghead. But I just hope that all on Egghead know that the SHP's ship is not their only way of escape. They have S-Bear as well. They only need to use his DF power and vanish off the island. Then we have the multiple ships of the WG heading to Egghead - another possibility for everyone to get off Egghead: They just have to steal one ship and that's it.

Anyone who thinks they can predict the next nakama is kinda being naive, we've been through this rigmarole several times by now, either it's story, role, dream, importance, protagonism in an arc, power level, matchups with BB pirates, we've seen several characters go through parts of this but never one single character stands out or excells.

Yamato had the most streamlined, in your face, i'm nakama material, generic backstory, constantly saying she wants to join material, Carrot had the most in Sunny on board/crew member interaction for 0 story purposes, (hihi i'm chopper's sister), out of the entire manga, both these characters got shafted.

-Vegapunk is highly unlikely to join just by the sheer fact of how bizarre it would be to randomly add a super old man to the crew that's even stressed they want to make science with more funding and has part of his personality wanting to be a celestial dragon

-Stussy has said arguably 4 lines in this entire arc, and we're arguably 60-70% done with Egghead

-All other candidates so far seem to be memes or Wano leftovers which had their stories mostly completed and the strongest candidates which would be Kinemon or Momo are just done basically.

-Law or Kid joining to me is a meme and one of the weirdest things possible to happen

-Old chars like Boa and Smoker haven't been relevant or in contact with the SH for years now, so it's a complete gander.

You won't find a character now that was just chilling with the SH for hundreds of chapters for no plot points like Carrot, you won't find any more in your face i'm totally going to join candidate than Yamato, i mean heck Vivi is shaping up to be one of the most important lore characters in One piece and everyone can still find a milion reasons why it's weird for her to join, namely BB fights and her actual usefullness. You can find a flaw with every single candidate, so if we're going to have a new SH, it's not obvious who it is or honestly when they're joining.

Anyone who thinks they can predict the next nakama is kinda being naive, we've been through this rigmarole several times by now, either it's story, role, dream, importance, protagonism in an arc, power level, matchups with BB pirates, we've seen several characters go through parts of this but never one single character stands out or excells.

Yamato had the most streamlined, in your face, i'm nakama material, generic backstory, constantly saying she wants to join material, Carrot had the most in Sunny on board/crew member interaction for 0 story purposes, (hihi i'm chopper's sister), out of the entire manga, both these characters got shafted.

-Vegapunk is highly unlikely to join just by the sheer fact of how bizarre it would be to randomly add a super old man to the crew that's even stressed they want to make science with more funding and has part of his personality wanting to be a celestial dragon

-Stussy has said arguably 4 lines in this entire arc, and we're arguably 60-70% done with Egghead

-All other candidates so far seem to be memes or Wano leftovers which had their stories mostly completed and the strongest candidates which would be Kinemon or Momo are just done basically.

-Law or Kid joining to me is a meme and one of the weirdest things possible to happen

-Old chars like Boa and Smoker haven't been relevant or in contact with the SH for years now, so it's a complete gander.

You won't find a character now that was just chilling with the SH for hundreds of chapters for no plot points like Carrot, you won't find any more in your face i'm totally going to join candidate than Yamato, i mean heck Vivi is shaping up to be one of the most important lore characters in One piece and everyone can still find a milion reasons why it's weird for her to join, namely BB fights and her actual usefullness. You can find a flaw with every single candidate, so if we're going to have a new SH, it's not obvious who it is or honestly when they're joining.
It’s still fun to root for your favorite characters though. And also a good way to bridge the days between chapters.

You didn’t have to do me dirty like that :josad:
I’m still coping that Yamato didn’t join
Just one S-Bear teleportation and we're back in Wano for Act 4 and Pluton.

Rob Lucci with his history with Robin
Caribou knowing about Pluton from overhearing the Straw Hats
Vegapunk focused on Ancient Technology
Vivi coming from Alabasta, the place that held the Poneglyph detailing Pluton's location

After so many fucking years of teasing we'll actually get to see this damn battleship in Wano.

Pluton's activation requires the borders of Wano to open.

Yamato wanted to become Oden. What was Oden's Dream? The opening of Wano's borders. Once they're open, Yamato will have accomplished her goal of being Oden by helping to open the borders, and she can join the Straw Hats.

I've kind of dropped out of the "Luffy will die young" camp after Bonney aged him up into a possible 70 year old man future that's all weak and shriveled up. I mean obviously its just a "possible future", but I think it may represent his current health trajectory based on his present overuse of powers. He may live long, but he may end up becoming a shriveled prune rather than a buff 78 year old gramps like Garp if he keeps overusing Nika.

Its shenanigans like this that make me wonder with frustration why Carrot and Yamato even exist. I mean yeah I like them (Yamato more or less) but then what was the point of introducing these two? To hype them up as potential nakama and then have them do absolutely nothing impactful for the story? I mean anything Carrot did on Whole Cake couldve been done by Pedro, and anything Yamato did could've been done by the hundreds of other useless Kozuki clan allies and Scabbards.

I mean I suppose they might become relevant later, but considering how anti-climaticaly they parted ways with the Straw Hats, it just leaves both their fans and those who didn't like them wondering why Oda put them there in the first place if it was just going to leave everyone unfulfilled. Were they just made to sell merchandise? Was that really it?

The point is not Vivi joining them for the final war. I expect a lot of characters to return and join in what could be considered a real world war. We see countries joining the RA for that purpose. So Alabasta will fight on luffys side during the last fight and so will FI, Wano, dressrosa and many more. The point of @Sigran101 is what will Vivi do afterwards? Continue ruling alabasta as queen. That’s what she will do. Same as momonosuke who will continue rulling as shogun.
The point is only people who are free of responsibilities can join. And Vivi has a country to look after. Right now she can return as she has nowhere to go and the new world is the part of the world where the WG has the least influence because of the yonkou and that is where Luffy is right now.

@Sigran101 let me know if I misunderstood your point. I don’t want to talk on your behalf if I’m wrong.
It's that, but also more. Vivi will clearly spend time with them, but there's more difference between a strawhat and a temporary ally than just that. A temporary ally may sail on the sunny and even be considered part of the group, but a temporary ally doesn't pledge fealty to Luffy. A temporary ally doesn't make it part of their dream to make Luffy the pirate king. A temporary ally doesn't become Luffy's subordinate. A temporary ally plans to leave once their business with the Strawhats is concluded. This is obviously the category Vivi will fall into, just like she did the first time. Anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.

Current stocks:
Vivi - Reaching highs she hasn’t seen since alabasta. Only thing getting in her way is oda making her a damsel in distress

Sabo - Climbing high. With Cobras dying wish involved in Sabo going to Luffy and telling him and Vivi what the nature of the D means, he ties up well with the upcoming Blackbeard saga in which he’s already connected to.

Stussy - With so much time outside of egghead her stocks have been slowly decreasing as oda has spent so much time focusing on other characters that her and Vegapunk seem to be a much more minor storyline.

Current stocks:
Vivi - Reaching highs she hasn’t seen since alabasta. Only thing getting in her way is oda making her a damsel in distress

Sabo - Climbing high. With Cobras dying wish involved in Sabo going to Luffy and telling him and Vivi what the nature of the D means, he ties up well with the upcoming Blackbeard saga in which he’s already connected to.

Stussy - With so much time outside of egghead her stocks have been slowly decreasing as oda has spent so much time focusing on other characters that her and Vegapunk seem to be a much more minor storyline.
Can you explain how Oda spending several chapters on worldwide events in the middle of the arc means that what the narrator described as an event that will shake the world is going to be minor?