Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Agree on Vivi has nothing substantial to contribute.

She doesn't fit in any role.

Power wise even Nami and Usoop are above her.

All she has is good bonding but it's not enough.

We are nearing end game. Vivi has more to contribute as princess of Alabasta than as a SH. She has her own plot going on.

Reunion will happen because they are old friends but there is nothing so far which suggest vivi is sailing (temporary might be but nothing more than this)

It's just wishful thinking of Vivi fans

:milaugh::gokulaugh::doffytroll::suresure:

The Strawhats do not need a "Diplomat" as an official crewmate. Politics on the Sunny is not something most teenagers want to read in a shonen. Nevermind it's not something Oda introduced as important in any crew!

:brootea:

This debate over Vivi's combat feats is...
:akaman:...hilarious.

But let's admit an obvious observation. Vivi would be a drastic step down in combat and utility wise to the latest crewmate Jinbe. Jinbe is an excellent Helmsman who happens to be the crew's unofficial new Lifeguard, Fireguard, and Bodyguard.

What does Vivi bring to the crew? What makes her joining essential to them getting to Laugh Tale?
:jinbewat:

She is right now a princess in distress needing a safe haven. Her officially joining puts a bigger target on the crew with Imu wanting Vivi. That speeds up the plot sure but what benefit is it to the crew outside of welcoming an old friend?
Never thought I'd see the day when I side with you over Garp. The nakama thread has fallen to the point of trying to hype Ms. Fathersday to support the newest flavor of the month nakama candidate:seriously:

That theory is bust now because of Nika
It's still canon that 56 means Gomu for Luffy's df even though his df's real name is hito. Luffy still wears 56 on his clothing. All of the numbers add up to 325 which spells sa ni go, the canon name for Thousand Sunny. I'm not saying a whole other character will join, but a df that means 89 in Japanese could be eaten by one of the crewmembers that they already have.

Usopp can rarely achieve that without relying on his friend Sogeking.
That sounds like Usopp is schizophrenic. :gokulaugh:

Well, if you really think about it - mybe he is ... . :bamathink:
Post automatically merged:

5.6. = gomu, 1.10. = hito, 2.7. = hana, 4.3. = yomi. that would leave 8.9. as the final df. baku baku no mi is wapol's df.
Hana = 8 and 7, which leaves 2 and 9. Currently, Luffy has an alliance with Lucci, whose DF is the neko, neko no mi. Ne-ko: Ne = 2 (pronounced), Ko = 9.

Last edited:
Ussop's sniping is actually impressive. The shot against sugar was basically impossible. He shot her across a giant city, around a castle wall, and without direct line of sight. Only someone with Ussops unique abilities could have done it. And he proved himself in Alabasta by defeating officer agents.

In contrast, Ms. Fathersday shot a giant bird who was directly in front of her and not aware of her existence, with a regular pistol, and it didn't defeat him, and he wasn't even strong.

Arguments like this are why I call bias. And you still haven't named even one thing Vivi can contribute.
No shit that Usopp’s sniping moment like fifteen years afterwards was more impressive.

Doesn’t change the fact that at the time, it was portrayed well. At the time, Pell was the strong warrior archetype of the arc.

Can’t talk shit about bias when you are still pathetically digging on to “Vivi was fodder” in face of all the evidence.

As for the contribution- I don’t know. But it’s pretty fucking obvious she’s contributing something, or Oda wouldn’t have made her such a big deal for the endgame.

As far as the retconn of the 20 year old panel, I'm done explaining why it doesn't mean she's joining the crew. We've had the exact same discussion before, and neither of us changed our minds. I would ask, however, that you stop purposely using the translation error "shipmate" to embelish your point, and use the word he actually said, "nakama". Nakama doesn't only refer to crew members, he also calls Ace, Sabo, Law, and Momo this. Keep things honest, I've corrected you on that before.
Lmao, get over yourself. You haven’t ”corrected” shit, you have said you’re opinion and I disagree with it.

The word has to be examined in context. In Vivi‘s context it clearly refers to being part of the crew. Cause what are the crew doing at that time? Sailing around an island to see if she’ll continue to travel with the crew as she had been doing. It’s very clearly about being one of them. That’s why she’s the only .5 Strawhat in the series. It’s not familial like Ace, Sabo or Momo (although he has an open invitation to join) and Law actually got pissed when Luffy called him it because the implication was he was part of Luffy’s crew.

And still jabbering on about a “retcon” cause you can’t accept the series is moving towards a very important Strawhat and Vivi reunion which puts an entirely different spin on the promise.

Also, try and keep things more civil. I'm not here for flame wars so please don't call me pathetic or refer to my arguements as dogshit. It's uncalled for, and I'm not going to engage with you anymore if you continue that
Lmao, get to fuck. You were loving it when I was insulting the Carrot fans for years. You’re snide as fuck to anyone who disagrees with your stupid ass takes on random nobodies like Stussy. Check your own shit before you try and take the high road.

Gotta love how stronger than Sanji is a death nail in Law's case, but weaker than Ussop means nothing for Vivi. Bias everywhere.
Yeah, the M3 matters far more than being weaker than Usopp. Whole Wings of the Pirate King situation that has been going on for years now. Especially since Vivi will, as I keep saying, just be Strawhat 5.5 again and will simply be the closest thing we get to a new Strawhat.

I'm honestly not opposed to Vivi joining the crew, I just think the revisionist history and retconning is ridiculous. People are calling it a "jinbei situation" and saying it was obvious all along, when in reality, Vivi was entirely irrelevant to the discussion for 20 years, and then a few months ago she became the latest flavor of the month. No one thought it was a jinbei situation until her bandwagon picked up steam, even though it's been obvious they would meet again for years. The retconn of the X on the wrist scene is especially bad, because everyone understood it perfectly until a couple months ago, and now people are trying to change its meaning to the same as Jinbei to fit their agenda.
Nobody is saying it was obvious all along.

What we are saying is the new information about Vivi combined with the old promise makes it pretty fucking clear what direction the story will go with her. For twenty years she wasn’t on the run from the hidden ruler of the world who had just murdered her father. We thought Alabasta was over and done with. It’s clearly not.

That’s why it’s now a Jinbei situation, because the promise between the two has taken on an entirely new meaning. We never thought they would meet again in any meaningful way. Now they clearly will. So we have to go back to that scene and think “what’s this going to mean considering where the plot has taken Vivi.”

Tie that in with Oda, after all these years, seemingly randomly bringing back Vivi (and the still unofficially joined Jinbei) for that Youtube banner he drew, and suddenly Vivi doesn’t seem a member of the past anymore.

As for flavour of the month, again, bit of self-reflection, you are talking about fucking Stussy.

Also, try and keep things more civil. I'm not here for flame wars so please don't call me pathetic or refer to my arguements as dogshit. It's uncalled for, and I'm not going to engage with you anymore if you continue that.
Grow a pair

No shit that Usopp’s sniping moment like fifteen years afterwards was more impressive.

Doesn’t change the fact that at the time, it was portrayed well. At the time, Pell was the strong warrior archetype of the arc.

Can’t talk shit about bias when you are still pathetically digging on to “Vivi was fodder” in face of all the evidence.

As for the contribution- I don’t know. But it’s pretty fucking obvious she’s contributing something, or Oda wouldn’t have made her such a big deal for the endgame.

Lmao, get over yourself. You haven’t ”corrected” shit, you have said you’re opinion and I disagree with it.

The word has to be examined in context. In Vivi‘s context it clearly refers to being part of the crew. Cause what are the crew doing at that time? Sailing around an island to see if she’ll continue to travel with the crew as she had been doing. It’s very clearly about being one of them. That’s why she’s the only .5 Strawhat in the series. It’s not familial like Ace, Sabo or Momo (although he has an open invitation to join) and Law actually got pissed when Luffy called him it because the implication was he was part of Luffy’s crew.

And still jabbering on about a “retcon” cause you can’t accept the series is moving towards a very important Strawhat and Vivi reunion which puts an entirely different spin on the promise.

Lmao, get to fuck. You were loving it when I was insulting the Carrot fans for years. You’re snide as fuck to anyone who disagrees with your stupid ass takes on random nobodies like Stussy. Check your own shit before you try and take the high road.

Yeah, the M3 matters far more than being weaker than Usopp. Whole Wings of the Pirate King situation that has been going on for years now. Especially since Vivi will, as I keep saying, just be Strawhat 5.5 again and will simply be the closest thing we get to a new Strawhat.

Nobody is saying it was obvious all along.

What we are saying is the new information about Vivi combined with the old promise makes it pretty fucking clear what direction the story will go with her. For twenty years she wasn’t on the run from the hidden ruler of the world who had just murdered her father. We thought Alabasta was over and done with. It’s clearly not.

That’s why it’s now a Jinbei situation, because the promise between the two has taken on an entirely new meaning. We never thought they would meet again in any meaningful way. Now they clearly will. So we have to go back to that scene and think “what’s this going to mean considering where the plot has taken Vivi.”

Tie that in with Oda, after all these years, seemingly randomly bringing back Vivi (and the still unofficially joined Jinbei) for that Youtube banner he drew, and suddenly Vivi doesn’t seem a member of the past anymore.

As for flavour of the month, again, bit of self-reflection, you are talking about fucking Stussy.

Grow a pair
Yeah, I'm not engaging with you anymore. You're a Mod for God's sake, try to set a better example.

Ussop's sniping is actually impressive. The shot against sugar was basically impossible. He shot her across a giant city, around a castle wall, and without direct line of sight. Only someone with Ussops unique abilities could have done it. And he proved himself in Alabasta by defeating officer agents.

In contrast, Ms. Fathersday shot a giant bird who was directly in front of her and not aware of her existence, with a regular pistol, and it didn't defeat him, and he wasn't even strong.

Arguments like this are why I call bias. And you still haven't named even one thing Vivi can contribute.

As far as the retconn of the 20 year old panel, I'm done explaining why it doesn't mean she's joining the crew. We've had the exact same discussion before, and neither of us changed our minds. I would ask, however, that you stop purposely using the translation error "shipmate" to embelish your point, and use the word he actually said, "nakama". Nakama doesn't only refer to crew members, he also calls Ace, Sabo, Law, and Momo this. Keep things honest, I've corrected you on that before.

Also, try and keep things more civil. I'm not here for flame wars so please don't call me pathetic or refer to my arguements as dogshit. It's uncalled for, and I'm not going to engage with you anymore if you continue that.Ussop's sniping is actually impressive. The shot against sugar was basically impossible. He shot her across a giant city, around a castle wall, and without direct line of sight. Only someone with Ussops unique abilities could have done it. And he proved himself in Alabasta by defeating officer agents.

Gotta love how stronger than Sanji is a death nail in Law's case, but weaker than Ussop means nothing for Vivi. Bias everywhere.

I'm honestly not opposed to Vivi joining the crew, I just think the revisionist history and retconning is ridiculous. People are calling it a "jinbei situation" and saying it was obvious all along, when in reality, Vivi was entirely irrelevant to the discussion for 20 years, and then a few months ago she became the latest flavor of the month. No one thought it was a jinbei situation until her bandwagon picked up steam, even though it's been obvious they would meet again for years. The retconn of the X on the wrist scene is especially bad, because everyone understood it perfectly until a couple months ago, and now people are trying to change its meaning to the same as Jinbei to fit their agenda.

Also, try and keep things more civil. I'm not here for flame wars so please don't call me pathetic or refer to my arguements as dogshit. It's uncalled for, and I'm not going to engage with you anymore if you continue that.
My boy that's @Elder Lee Hung level mental gymnastics you're displaying here.

Yeah, I'm not engaging with you anymore. You're a Mod for God's sake, try to set a better example.
I think what we’re trying to get at is that Oda seems to be moving toward something with Vivi, such as her words before the Reverie when she was wondering if she can see the Straw Hats again and now with Imu wanting her for some reason. It’s obvious that a reunion has been brewing for a while now, and it may be sooner than we think.

Alabasta has some kind of connection to the Void Century, and Luffy is the successor to Joyboy. Vivi is an important figure now, and just because she is viewed weak physically doesn’t mean she isn’t strong in other ways.

Lad just wants his Pleasure District Queen. :josad:
Post automatically merged:

5.6. = gomu, 1.10. = hito, 2.7. = hana, 4.3. = yomi. that would leave 8.9. as the final df. baku baku no mi is wapol's df.
:steef: Wapol on the crew.
Or Karoo with the Baku Baku... Megamount.

I think what we’re trying to get at is that Oda seems to be moving toward something with Vivi, such as her words before the Reverie when she was wondering if she can see the Straw Hats again and now with Imu wanting her for some reason. It’s obvious that a reunion has been brewing for a while now, and it may be sooner than we think.

Alabasta has some kind of connection to the Void Century, and Luffy is the successor to Joyboy. Vivi is an important figure now, and just because she is viewed weak physically doesn’t mean she isn’t strong in other ways.
Nobody is denying a reunion or that Vivi will play a big role. That is a given. We are saying she will not become a Nakama as she has other duties and doesn’t add anything to the crew. Momo and Shirahoshi will be back as well and will play major roles. Will they become Nakama? Doubt it!

Vivi suddenly became a hot topic, didn't she?))

Since we all agree that the reunion will happen soon, let's switch the discussion from "joins/not" to "when the reunion will happen?"

I'd say Vivi might get to see SHP after Egghead, as Morgans wants his big news, and Luffy is a bottomless source of those :optimistic:

P.s. if you wonder where I stand on Vivi's position, she is a 5.5 to me, and I have a head cannon that she might lead a new and reformed WG after Luffy crashes those mfers. But it's simply a head cannon, so I don't want to engage in any arguments about it.

Since we all agree that the reunion will happen soon, let's switch the discussion from "joins/not" to "when the reunion will happen?"

I'd say Vivi might get to see SHP after Egghead, as Morgans wants his big news, and Luffy is a bottomless source of those :optimistic:

P.s. if you wonder where I stand on Vivi's position, she is a 5.5 to me, and I have a head cannon that she might lead a new and reformed WG after Luffy crashes those mfers. But it's simply a head cannon, so I don't want to engage in any arguments about it.
Hmm I say right after egghead

My guess is after luffy becomes pirate king. She may not be a “captive” right now, but she has no way off Morgan’s ship and Morgan’s works for the underworld as an emperor

Nobody is denying a reunion or that Vivi will play a big role. That is a given. We are saying she will not become a Nakama as she has other duties and doesn’t add anything to the crew. Momo and Shirahoshi will be back as well and will play major roles. Will they become Nakama? Doubt it!
Not the same thing.

The most Shirahoshi has ever said is that she wants to go on a trip to a forest with Luffy. Which will happen. He’s never invited her to join and she’s never said she wants to.

Momonosuke could become a Strawhat anytime he wants (same as Kine’mon), but he doesn’t want to. He’s never exprssed the slightest wish to be a pirate or to- as far as I remember, continue his adventures.

Vivi wanted to continue her adventures. The Strawhats wanted her to come with them. She just couldn’t because she loved her country more.

But now we are in the position where the best thing Vivi could do for her country is to join back up with Luffy again and see his adventures through to the end. She’s effectively exiled while she’s on Imu’s capture list. Returning to Alabasta would mean they either
a) give her up
b) fight the world government for her
Neither of which is good for Alabasta and goes against everything Vivi has ever done.

So
-she wants to adventure.
-adventuring is required to help her country (once again)
-the crew consider her part of them
-there is a promise they will be the same as they were if they meet again

There‘s a reason Vivi’s reintroduction before the Reverie was focused on how delighted she was to be back at sea, it’s to remind people that she genuinely loved her time as a pirate. If she reunites with the crew- and she will- she becomes part of them again. Whether Oda still only considers her 5.5 or bumps her up to 11, she’s a Strawhat or the closest thing we will get.

The only comparable character to Vivi is Yamato, who does want to sail with the crew, has an open invite but has a reason not to. And with her, I don’t know what the fuck Oda was thinking.

Not the same thing.

The most Shirahoshi has ever said is that she wants to go on a trip to a forest with Luffy. Which will happen. He’s never invited her to join and she’s never said she wants to.

Momonosuke could become a Strawhat anytime he wants (same as Kine’mon), but he doesn’t want to. He’s never exprssed the slightest wish to be a pirate or to- as far as I remember, continue his adventures.

Vivi wanted to continue her adventures. The Strawhats wanted her to come with them. She just couldn’t because she loved her country more.

But now we are in the position where the best thing Vivi could do for her country is to join back up with Luffy again and see his adventures through to the end. She’s effectively exiled while she’s on Imu’s capture list. Returning to Alabasta would mean they either
a) give her up
b) fight the world government for her
Neither of which is good for Alabasta and goes against everything Vivi has ever done.

So
-she wants to adventure.
-adventuring is required to help her country (once again)
-the crew consider her part of them
-there is a promise they will be the same as they were if they meet again

There‘s a reason Vivi’s reintroduction before the Reverie was focused on how delighted she was to be back at sea, it’s to remind people that she genuinely loved her time as a pirate. If she reunites with the crew- and she will- she becomes part of them again. Whether Oda still only considers her 5.5 or bumps her up to 11, she’s a Strawhat or the closest thing we will get.

The only comparable character to Vivi is Yamato, who does want to sail with the crew, has an open invite but has a reason not to. And with her, I don’t know what the fuck Oda was thinking.
I do agree with everything you said. With one difference. If Yamato joins she will stay with them. Vivi will join but at the end she will return to Alabasta, same as carrot returned to Zou to rule. So while she is a Nakama she will not be traveling indefinitely with them.