Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Analytically he is the only candidate, who has all hints pointed towards him and Oda has dropped quite a few as of now. I am very certain Lucci will become the 11th member of the SHP.
1) Luccis absolute justice is very far from Luffys. He is closer to Green Bull and Akainu.
2) The way he went after Robin probably can't be forgiven by the likes of Nami and Usopp.

BUT

Having that said it would be a true Yonko move and feat to add someone as ambitious as Lucci if Luffy could pull it off. BB did it with Shiryu and Kuzan, and to be fair Luffy did it with Zoro and Robin as well. Kaido did try with Ashura, Kidd, Luffy and at least got the Tobi Roppo + Apoo and Hawkins.

I've had a thought lately of the upcoming potential straw hats and Lucci fits that pattern. As the Pirate King and as Joy Boy Luffy might complete what Big Mom wanted but not in the exact same way. He might complete a crew from all walks of life rather than races.

Bounty Hunter - Zoro
Civilian - Usopp, Nami
Royalty - Sanji
Animal - Chopper
Revolutionary - Robin
Cyborg - Franky
Dead - Brook
Fishman and Shichibukai - Jinbei
CP 0/WG - [Lucci?]
Marine - [Smoker?]
Yonko - [Kaido? Big Mom?]

And clearly we can't have two civilians so either Usopp or Nami will have to be rebranded, Usopp at least has pirate blood in his veins that we know off. Regarding the yonko I could see one join in the final war, temporarily serving under Luffy and thus technically becoming a straw hat even without traveling with the crew for real.

1) Luccis absolute justice is very far from Luffys. He is closer to Green Bull and Akainu.
2) The way he went after Robin probably can't be forgiven by the likes of Nami and Usopp.

BUT

Having that said it would be a true Yonko move and feat to add someone as ambitious as Lucci if Luffy could pull it off. BB did it with Shiryu and Kuzan, and to be fair Luffy did it with Zoro and Robin as well. Kaido did try with Ashura, Kidd, Luffy and at least got the Tobi Roppo + Apoo and Hawkins.

I've had a thought lately of the upcoming potential straw hats and Lucci fits that pattern. As the Pirate King and as Joy Boy Luffy might complete what Big Mom wanted but not in the exact same way. He might complete a crew from all walks of life rather than races.

Bounty Hunter - Zoro
Civilian - Usopp, Nami
Royalty - Sanji
Animal - Chopper
Revolutionary - Robin
Cyborg - Franky
Dead - Brook
Fishman and Shichibukai - Jinbei
CP 0/WG - [Lucci?]
Marine - [Smoker?]
Yonko - [Kaido? Big Mom?]

And clearly we can't have two civilians so either Usopp or Nami will have to be rebranded, Usopp at least has pirate blood in his veins that we know off. Regarding the yonko I could see one join in the final war, temporarily serving under Luffy and thus technically becoming a straw hat even without traveling with the crew for real.
I also think that the first depitction of how Oda envisioned the crew is very diverse, as you say. We have a fishman, a skeletton, etc.. I think you somehow see that he was very young at that time, since those first few drawings seemed to be out of someones pen, who wanted to draw a rather "cool" crew.

Why not categorize Nami as a thief, if we go by profession? Than it would fit again.

Anyway, here is why I think Lucci will be the last crew member of the SHP (One important hint, which I had not listed there was a statement of Jinbe from Wano, who said that what the SHP ultimately needed, was one person, who could observe the state of the battle calmly [chapter 979]). One or two more hints are missing - sorry for that): Main hints

I also think that the first depitction of how Oda envisioned the crew is very diverse, as you say. We have a fishman, a skeletton, etc.. I think you somehow see that he was very young at that time, since those first few drawings seemed to be out of someones pen, who wanted to draw a rather "cool" crew.

Why not categorize Nami as a thief, if we go by profession? Than it would fit again.

Anyway, here is why I think Lucci will be the last crew member of the SHP (One important hint, which I had not listed there was a statement of Jinbe from Wano, who said that what the SHP ultimately needed, was one person, who could observe the state of the battle calmly [chapter 979]). One or two more hints are missing - sorry for that): Main hints
Nami, sure. You could very well brand her a thief in this scheme.

Lucci - no. He is of course very smart and savvy but he is also a hot head. Luffy knew so he managed to goad him in to not fighting anyone but him. There are some good candidates out there like Law or Capone if you are looking for a strategist but both lack the experience of someone like Crocodile or Jinbei. I think Sanji can fit that role if given time.

Lucci, like Akainu, excel in other areas but because of their power levels have been thrust in to positions they are not necessarily #1 at.

Nami, sure. You could very well brand her a thief in this scheme.

Lucci - no. He is of course very smart and savvy but he is also a hot head. Luffy knew so he managed to goad him in to not fighting anyone but him. There are some good candidates out there like Law or Capone if you are looking for a strategist but both lack the experience of someone like Crocodile or Jinbei. I think Sanji can fit that role if given time.

Lucci, like Akainu, excel in other areas but because of their power levels have been thrust in to positions they are not necessarily #1 at.
Usually this is the point, at which I usually invite people to bet with me about Lucci joining the crew. But I think I overwhelm people, whenever I suggest a bet with someone I ususally do not interact that much with.

I try it here, but you don't have to accept. Wager would be 1 month of avi change.