Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Rules, tropes, patterns and archetypes don't make a story bad, they create constraints for the story and that those constraints that permits an author like Oda to be so creative.
Tell Oda how to write, don't tell us !🙈
Post automatically merged:

In this cases, those 7 rules and 12 patterns permits Oda to create imaginatives and awesome characters.
Authors need permission to create awesome characters:crazwhat:

Listen carefully.

Yes, those are rules that I created.

But I didn't created them for funzies. There is a reason behind each of those rules. The 7 rules are the BASIC things that are necessary for a character to become a strawhat.

Try it yourself. Try to reduce to the minimum the most important rule to create a strawhat and you will see, you will end up with the same result (and if you don't, share your result, I would be glad to add more rules to my list)

The 12 pillars are created on the same principles. The parameters are simple: What needs the story and what needs the character to create a strawhat.

Same, do the work, you will end up with the same principles.
Bruh you talk like a dictator. Get off the high horse

Technically, the need for a look out was shown at the end of the totland arc.
4 years ago
FOUR YEARS

Tell Oda how to write, don't tell us !🙈
Well no, I'm sure Oda knows all of that already. At least instinctively.

Bruh you talk like a dictator. Get off the high horse
You would be amazed by the first lesson a storyteller must know:

"Know the rules, only when you know them will you be able to break them"

Authors need permission to create awesome characters
Maybe the word "permits" isn't ideal. Maybe I should phrase it that way instead :

Constraints are the mothers of creativity.

4 years ago
FOUR YEARS
Indeed.. Its been a long time.

Well no, I'm sure Oda knows all of that already. At least instinctively.

You would be amazed by the first lesson a storyteller must know:

"Know the rules, only when you know them will you be able to break them"

Maybe the word "permits" isn't ideal. Maybe I should phrase it that way instead :

Constraints are the mothers of creativity.

Indeed.. Its been a long time.
Please stop referring to SUGGESTIONS as rules.
Now I know whom you remind me of. You're like these music pricks who accuse non-classical composers of 'breaking the laws of music' and complain in yt comment sections about 'musical mistakes'
:lawsigh::lawsigh::lawsigh::lawsigh::lawsigh::lawsigh::lawsigh::lawsigh::lawsigh::lawsigh:

She is literally the only character in one piece that has sailed with the SH for a substancial amount of time for NO STORY PURPOSES, she's not a plot point like Ceasar or some of the scabbards, she's not a filler character and she's not a princess of the saga like Vivi or Momo /kinemon.

Oda MADE her on purpose, made her travel with the SH for 200 chapters and gave her some of the most SH centric moments you can have as a non SH ally. (volume covers/whole chapter dedicated/crew interactions/role) and then proceed to draw her in the big SH reunion with Jinbei while people were saying oda hated her.
Hey hold up, that's what i wrote on the comment section of that Vagabon Kana video, at least credit me :gokulaugh:

Please stop referring to SUGGESTIONS as rules.
Well.. you can try to write a story without a middle a begining and an end.. but good luck with that lmao.

I use the word "rules" not because I want to impose anything but because without those concepts or principles, a story is either non existent or less interesting. But of course, you can break or bend the "rules".

Oda for example breaks a foundamental rule that is to put conflict in every scene. That's both a result of Oda's writing and what the manga support is but Oda creates conflict differently. With escalation and plot points.

I actually love artist that bend or break the rules to create new things. But it demands a high level of mastery of the craft.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Sanji has to make several jumps to reach the heights, which takes longer. Oda introduced Carrot with all the skills a lookout can have for a reason.

where been Zeus when the shark was around, the same for Sanji and the rest of the crew. So it shows a need
what does it matter how many he has to make what matters is he can fly too

Kizaru is joining the Straw Hats and betrays Saturn. It's clear as daylight now!
Mmm...This is agenda worthy! You can count me in for Kizaru nakama train for a couple of weeks!

I mean, let's talk the key points:
  1. Be alive
  2. Be relevant to the story
  3. Be unique and have a unique ability
  4. Be free from faction duty or independant
  5. Be a friend or a false adversary
  6. Looking and acting toward adventure
  7. Inherited will.
1. +
2. +
3. +
4. Soon to be dismissed by Saturn XD (although it might impact P1 and disregard the rest of the thread)
5. Seems to be leaning to false adversary - depends on P4, if he leaves Marines then he might side with pirates! VP is his old friend!
6. + As everyone in OP does that
7. Could have inherited will from VP, but unclear

So we have 4/7, and there is hope! All aboard Kizaru nakama train!

Luffy said he needed even a musician but not a lookout, in fact the sunny doesn't even have a crow's nest cause what would be that it's actually Zoro's gym lmao.
Just goes to show they never wanted one.
Lol, once again it's not luffy who creates the crew but Oda. If he shows there's a need for a lookout he'll integrate one. Like he did with Jinbe and the rest of the crew. You're talking nonsense, they've got a crow nest where Carrot spends most of her time.