Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if we will not see Carrot anymore before the beginning of a new saga we will surrender to it, because she is probaby returned back to Zou, but IMO carrot has still some chances. The same can be said about Otama (we even had a flashback about her in the spoilers)
Anyway at least Momo is out from the candidates, because is and will be shogun of Wano, and I'm definitely okay with it
@CarrotForNakama @CarrotNakama Do not surrender!

Again, what I'm asking has NOTHING to do do with spoilers. I want to know what you guys think I means when I say "subversion dialogue". In short, I want to be sure every one understand what a subversion dialogue is.
You mean by it that something is said to make us believe that that will happen, but in reality something completely different will happen. So our expectations have been subverted.
We understand that. We also know that subverted dialog exists, that subversive writing exists. But this is not it. And that’s what you have to understand

You mean by it that something is said to make us believe that that will happen, but in reality something completely different will happen. So our expectations have been subverted.
We understand that. We also know that subverted dialog exists, that subversive writing exists. But this is not it. And that’s what you have to understand
I'm not talking about subversive writing here or even subverted dialog (it means nothing in narration), i'm talking about a tool writers use to - indeed - make you believe something that won't be. And a SPECIFIC narration tool.

You call that whatever you want, there is no name for it in the writing community, I choose to call it "subvertive affirmation".

Now, you either have the possibility to trust my judgment, read the actual article and understand the concept.

Or

Keep thinking that I don't understand what I'm talking about, take me for a fool and don't try to understand the concept.

Your choice.

I'm not talking about subversive writing here or even subverted dialog (it means nothing in narration), i'm talking about a principle writers use to - indeed - make you believe something that won't be. And a SPECIFIC narration tool.

You call that whatever you want, there is no name for it in the writing community, I choose to call it "subvertive affirmation".

Now, you either have the possibility to trust my judgment, read the actual article and understand the concept.

Or

Keep thinking that I don't understand what I'm talking about, take me for a fool and don't try to understand the concept.

Your choice.
The problem isn't that we don't understand. It's that the concept of Yamato wanting to join being "corrupted" is just your personal opinion and the rest of us don't agree.

The problem isn't that we don't understand. It's that the concept of Yamato wanting to join being "corrupted" is just your personal opinion and the rest of us don't agree.
That's more interesting, we can actually argue on that. I'm open to discussion on that front, but for now i'm holding my judgment and will only speak about that specific notion of "corruption" concerning Yamato friday. I don't want to spoil anything.

Right now, I only want everyone to be ok - at least - with the notion of subversive affirmation: Meaning being ok with what it represents, the fact that it something that can be conceptualized, how we can detect it, how it appears in a story and what it does, etc.

If necessary, I will give more example of that.

Right now, what I'm interested in is to setup the conversation. For us to be on an equal ground.

For those who are open to this discussion, I have updated my article on my blog HERE:

Subversion dialogue was a bit too fuzzy so Subversive affirmation is lot more self explanatory.

Remember that it's still a work in progress: Yes, I invented the term. And yes this is most likely something that wasn't conceptualized because of lack of necessity, so you won't find it on the internet but it doesn't mean that this concept don't describe a specific pattern in storytelling.

Also, if you find a better conceptualization of what I'm describing here don't hesitate to link it here. The fact that I didn't find it doesn't mean you can't.

B

Ballel

Subversive affirmation
Lol

That's some progress. You're open about it.:goyea:

And yes this is most likely something wasn't conceptualized because of lack of necessity, so you won't find it on the internet but it doesn't mean that this concept don't describe a specific pattern in storytelling.
Mental gymnastics of the finest level. You should compete in the international championship.

For those who are open to this discussion, I have updated my article on my blog HERE:

Subversion dialogue was a bit too fuzzy so Subversive affirmation is lot more self explanatory.

Remember that it's still a work in progress: Yes, I invented the term. And yes this is most likely something that wasn't conceptualized because of lack of necessity, so you won't find it on the internet but it doesn't mean that this concept don't describe a specific pattern in storytelling.

Also, if you find a better conceptualization of what I'm describing here don't hesitate to link it here. The fact that I didn't find it doesn't mean you can't.
All this mental gymnastics and your dumb rabbit still won't join the crew.

What will you do with your blog when it's all over? Please, leave it up and running so people can laugh at it again and again.

:ihaha:

Lol

That's some progress. You're open about it.:goyea:

Mental gymnastics of the finest level. You should compete in the international championship.
All this mental gymnastics and your dumb rabbit still won't join the crew.

What will you do with your blog when it's all over? Please, leave it up and running so people can laugh at it again and again.

:ihaha:
And what if she does ? What if she joins and the only reason you guys couldn't predict it or see it, was because you are too stubborn to actually read and understand what a Carrot enthousiast actually has to say about storytelling?

Imagine how ridiculus you would feel.

So be wise and be open. Because you might have a blind spot, I know I have one, do you?

B

Ballel

And what if she does ? What if she joins and the only reason you guys couldn't predict it or see it, was because you are too stubborn to actually read and understand what a Carrot enthousiast actually has to say about storytelling?

So be wise and be open. Because you might have a blind spot, I know I have one, do you?
Carrot won't join

Dude... Carrot is a forgotten character, if Oda really wanted to her join he would make it clear in Wano.

Can't believe you guys can't pick up on the subversion techniques Oda has been pulling off in Wano.

Hyogoro literally saying "Everything is going good. I can't imagine we'll lose here."? The raid will fail.
Tobiroppos and Calamities each taken out in a chapter or two? They're obviously gonna awaken.
Big Mom defeated so soon? She'll get back up.
We only see legs in the WCI cover story? It's 100% not Germa. Blackbeard!!
Kaido defeated by a big punch? He's definitely gonna awaken. The raid is failing.
Cliffhanger on who's the next shogun? It's Hiyori. Momo is the bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.