Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe you guys can't pick up on the subversion techniques Oda has been pulling off in Wano.

Hyogoro literally saying "Everything is going good. I can't imagine we'll lose here."? The raid will fail.
Tobiroppos and Calamities each taken out in a chapter or two? They're obviously gonna awaken.
Big Mom defeated so soon? She'll get back up.
We only see legs in the WCI cover story? It's 100% not Germa. Blackbeard!!
Kaido defeated by a big punch? He's definitely gonna awaken. The raid is failing.
Cliffhanger on who's the next shogun? It's Hiyori. Momo is the bait.
Krieg gonna get up next chapter, kuro mid diff Kaido

Just a note:

- Development inertia
- Subversive affirmation
- Milking
- Refusal of the call to adventure
- Three driving forces*
- Shining Nakama action*
- Plantings

Those narrative patterns I'm describing, are still relevant wether Carrot and Yamato join or not.

(* in One Piece)

Just a note:

- Development inertia
- Subversive affirmation
- Milking
- Refusal of the call to adventure
- Three driving forces
- Shining Nakama action
- Plantings

Those narrative patterns I'm describing, are still relevant wether Carrot and Yamato join or not.
:cheers:
You, my liege,my be wrong, may be right.
But you are the King of the "next SH" discussion.
Literally a man against the tide.. could you be the Joyboy of the Carrot fans?

King for Nakama?

I'm not talking about subversive writing here or even subverted dialog (it means nothing in narration), i'm talking about a tool writers use to - indeed - make you believe something that won't be. And a SPECIFIC narration tool.

You call that whatever you want, there is no name for it in the writing community, I choose to call it "subvertive affirmation".

Now, you either have the possibility to trust my judgment, read the actual article and understand the concept.

Or

Keep thinking that I don't understand what I'm talking about, take me for a fool and don't try to understand the concept.

Your choice.
You can call whatever you want. I comes down to the same thing. And I don’t trust you. I have my own brain to use and think.
The thing is we all know what you are talking about and knew this way before you. But we look even further into it. And see the subversion behind the subversion. Something you can do.
And what is happening in the story actually proves that we are right and you are wrong. Yet you ask us to trust you?

Your conclusion would be wrong because your reasoning is wrong. Are you brain dead?
No.

Why?

Because the setups and the narration and the little clues would still be there, I'm not inventing them. I MIGHT see more than there is in them but they do exist and any writer could write a good story about Carrot joining the crew with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.