Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't seen anything like that except for maybe Punk Hazard, It can be a great parallel to Kaido's eastern dragon and I think the design would look cool. Apart from Sanji and maybe Nami on Zeus we don't have a strawhat that can fly, the ability to fly and the power to expel fire would be a unique addition to the crew.
It's not a theory with foundation or with symbolism like the white tiger vs the dragon it is only a wish because I think it would look great haha

Thinking about match ups for Blackbeard pirates this would be my guess:

Luffy vs Blackbeard
Zoro vs Shiryu
Nami vs Catarina Devon
Usopp vs Van Auger
Sanji vs New titanic captain
Chopper vs Doc Q
Robin vs Vasco Shot
Franky vs Sanjuan Wolf
Brook vs Laffitte
Jinbe vs Jesus Burgess
Carrot vs Avalo Pizzaro

Out of these, Luffy, Zoro, Usopp and Chopper seem obvious. Nami, Franky, Brook and Jinbe's match ups when you look wider at the background of their opponents also seem very likely. Robin and Sanji's battles are much less clear but with Vasco Shot being an extraordinarily huge man, even for OP standards, it could have some potential with Robin's giant sprouted limbs. For Sanji, against the unknown titanic captain, this guy would likely be especially strong, even for the BB pirates. He wasn't part of the original crew and he couldn't immediately prove his strength by defeating the other level 6 prisoners. Therefore he must've done something big that would make BB want to recruit him. We know at that point BB wouldn't simply pick up scrubs so this new member has to be the real deal.

I also thought that Pizzaro could've been Sanji's match up since he's stated to be a corrupt king from the north blue. And maybe that was originally the case, but Oda changed his mind and introduced a new, more significant BB pirate for Sanji to fight. Because unlike for Zoro and Jinbe, Shiryu, who clearly has the vibes of the right hand man, and Burgess who is captain of the 1st ship, one of the original members and the member who's been given the most focus, Alvalo Pizzaro is just another member in BB's main crew. No more prominent than any of the other lvl 6 prisoners.

It would be a fine match up for Carrot however.
Pizzaro has a clear feline theme going on with his character. Slit cat eyes, hair like a wild mane, a moustache that resembles whiskers, wears a fur coat. He also finishes sentences with "nya" which means "meow". Given his moniker "corrupt king" and his cat features, it could work for him to be the long awaited lion zoan. In which case a battle against a "moon lion" with Sulong Carrot would be fitting. It's also interesting that he wears gauntlets, also like Carrot.

At the end of the day, there's a blackbeard pirate that has an animal theme and an ambiguous matchup. Chopper, almost certainly already has his match up with Doc Q and his horse. Leaving the door open for Carrot.

Status
Not open for further replies.