Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was an interesting read. I've read through some wikipedias. The story of one piece take inspiration from fiction however this is selective. d'Artagnan story does not seem to parallel carrot or wanda closely enough. I am curious, have you noticed any parallels? it has been 7 years since the character introduction, any intentional parallels should have come up by now
Doesn't really have to exactly parallel everything character-wise... Take it similarly to Oda's inspiration of Seven Samurai to the Nine Red Scabbards...

O-Tama (a 8 year-old)
After discovering Luffy is Ace's brother, feels sorry about how indelicate she was when mentioning Ace's promise to him.

Yamato (a 28 year-old)
After discovering Luffy is Ace's brother, says that the proper logic dictates that he should let her in his crew, even thought Ace never promised her such thing.

O-Tama (a 8 year-old)
After starving for several days, cooks her birthday meal to Luffy, proceeds to go drink poison so that he doesn't notice her hunger. Later that day, refuses the food O-Tsuru offers her because she treated her from the poison and Tama didn't want to be a burden.

Yamato (as a 8 year-old)
After starving for several days, eats the only food available to the Samurai that are starving with her, proceeds to do nothing while the one that broke her chains march into an meaningless death.

O-Tama (a 8 year-old)
Goes to Onigashima by herself and executes her plan to turn the tides of the entire raid. We see her talking about how she is afraid, but as long as she can accomplish what she came here to do, it doesn't matter what happens to her.

Yamato (as 8 year-old)
Watches while Momonosuke and Toki burn to their deaths, proceeds to call herself Kozuki Oden.
Post automatically merged:

and people seriously question why I would want Tama to join over Yamato :seriously:

AL sama

Red Haired
O-Tama (a 8 year-old)
After discovering Luffy is Ace's brother, feels sorry about how indelicate she was when mentioning Ace's promise to him.

Yamato (a 28 year-old)
After discovering Luffy is Ace's brother, says that the proper logic dictates that he should let her in his crew, even thought Ace never promised her such thing.

O-Tama (a 8 year-old)
After starving for several days, cooks her birthday meal to Luffy, proceeds to go drink poison so that he doesn't notice her hunger. Later that day, refuses the food O-Tsuru offers her because she treated her from the poison and Tama didn't want to be a burden.

Yamato (as a 8 year-old)
After starving for several days, eats the only food available to the Samurai that are starving with her, proceeds to do nothing while the one that broke her chains march into an meaningless death.

O-Tama (a 8 year-old)
Goes to Onigashima by herself and executes her plan to turn the tides of the entire raid. We see her talking about how she is afraid, but as long as she can accomplish what she came here to do, it doesn't matter what happens to her.

Yamato (as 8 year-old)
Watches while Momonosuke and Toki burn to their deaths, proceeds to call herself Kozuki Oden.
Post automatically merged:

and people seriously question why I would want Tama to join over Yamato :seriously:
very nice way of taking things out of context :gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

Doesn't really have to exactly parallel everything character-wise... Take it similarly to Oda's inspiration of Seven Samurai to the Nine Red Scabbards...
But you just said the 3 musketeers needed this and it should be apparent but it isn't apparent nor is it needed. Multiple one piece characters are made from a combination of multiple inspirations taken selectively. Even luffy fit this with his fight against kaido mirroring Zeus and how this god buried choas in a mountain.

Zou seems to reflect Belgium which has a strong french and Finland influence. There are 2 main group of this country. Zou is not exclusively french.

I also asked for parallels which you didn't provide.

Last edited:
But you just said the 3 musketeers needed this and it should be apparent but it isn't apparent nor is it needed. Multiple one piece characters are made from a combination of multiple inspirations taken selectively. Even luffy fit this with his fight against kaido mirroring Zeus and how this god buried choas in a mountain.

Zou seems to reflect Belgium which has a strong french and Finland influence. There are 2 main group of this country. Zou is not exclusively french.

I also asked for parallels which you didn't provide.
Those inspirations you provided are overstretched though, especially the Zou one... The parallel doesn't matter but since you asked for it, they're both prodigies...

Does Anyone know what happened to @CarrotForNakama ?I never saw that clown again.
Unfortunately thread banned in the wrong time...

Tama had only seen the effects in animals before. Speed was the first human she was able to use it on.
Tick Tock, we just had a 1 week time-skip
And it worked just like with the animals... Nothing suggests that the effects would be different for the SMILE users...

Status
Not open for further replies.