Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 for Carrot and Yamato fans this chapter. Carrot really seems to be having some sort of significance this arc with Perospero, which is a great thing. Now it just depends on how Oda goes about it. If we get a flashback and reiteration that Pedro left his will to Carrot, then this will be major for her character overall. Wanda being there helps at least with at least trying do deal with a 700 million bounty pirate, but clearly this is WAY more personal for Carrot than Wanda.

I've already talked about why Yamato having the jump cover is pretty huge. Outside of a few exceptions (I did miss the Kinemon, Hiyori, Orochi and Momo one), its weird for a relatively new character to take in that spotlight without being a direct strawhat, villain or movie promotion. Yamato IS being set up as a major character, and I see a ton more coming from this in the future.

Just laying my predictions out. Yamato is the 11th crew member, however, I fundamentally believe Carrot will join as the 12th via stowaway, which is totally in line with her character as well as the mink kings with Oden. This is finally the moment were we see if Oda has plans in store for Carrot as a whole. After all this time it is FINALLY getting addressed.

+1 for Carrot and Yamato fans this chapter. Carrot really seems to be having some sort of significance this arc with Perospero, which is a great thing. Now it just depends on how Oda goes about it. If we get a flashback and reiteration that Pedro left his will to Carrot, then this will be major for her character overall. Wanda being there helps at least with at least trying do deal with a 700 million bounty pirate, but clearly this is WAY more personal for Carrot than Wanda.

I've already talked about why Yamato having the jump cover is pretty huge. Outside of a few exceptions (I did miss the Kinemon, Hiyori, Orochi and Momo one), its weird for a relatively new character to take in that spotlight without being a direct strawhat, villain or movie promotion. Yamato IS being set up as a major character, and I see a ton more coming from this in the future.

Just laying my predictions out. Yamato is the 11th crew member, however, I fundamentally believe Carrot will join as the 12th via stowaway, which is totally in line with her character as well as the mink kings with Oden. This is finally the moment were we see if Oda has plans in store for Carrot as a whole. After all this time it is FINALLY getting addressed.
I think it's more like +100 for Yamato... Oda seems to begin solidifying Yamato's road towards joining the crew...

I really believe that this would be the final lineup.

Jinbe’s not gonna get a devil fruit. It kind of defeats the purpose of a fishman joining in the first place. It would be far more useful for there to be an excellent swimmer on the crew to potentially save those with devil fruits from drowning.
Post automatically merged:

Jinbe’s not gonna get a devil fruit. It kind of defeats the purpose of a fishman joining in the first place. It would be far more useful for there to be an excellent swimmer on the crew to potentially save those with devil fruits from drowning.
Wait, why does Jinbe and Brook have the same devil fruit? Lol Was that an editing error?

Wait, why does Jinbe and Brook have the same devil fruit? Lol Was that an editing error?

I think it was a typo.

I really believe that this would be the final lineup.

Funny enough is how realistic this might be.

We have reasons to believe Jinbe, Carrot and Yamato may triple join at the end of the arc. Zeus is an asset to Nami and likely will get him back at the end of the arc. If Vivi folds back into the story in the final arcs, Carue would certainly be on the ship with her.

I would be alright with this.

Not that there’s many convincing male candidates left other than a samurai.
If Oda is planning on actually heading towards the series climax relatively soon (5-10 years whatever), I'd hate if he introduced another unknown character overall. Jinbe was a perfect addition that because he was known. Carrot fits the same bill and Yamato honestly, while introduced this late, I'd be fine with if they are characterized a ton more. Vivi is just like Jinbe/Carrot, we know her already, which is good.

Apologies I updated the picture now.

Apologies I updated the picture now.
Great! I’m glad you took the time to fix it. This is not really that important but there are still some errors in your picture. First of all, Alabasta is in the Grand Line not the New World. While both Zou and Fishman Island are in the New World not the Grand Line.

Also Onigashima (Where Yamato is from) is in the New World not the Grand Line.

Great! I’m glad you took the time to fix it. This is not really that important but there are still some errors in your picture. First of all, Alabasta is in the Grand Line not the New World. While both Zou and Fishman Island are in the New World not the Grand Line.

Eh.

Grand Line is the entire ocean. What you are thinking of is "Paradise" and "New World". Also Fishman Island is technically neither ocean. Its under the red line

Well, Grand Line consists of 2 halves, Paradise and New World.

I updated Vivi and Carue's origin now, they are now Gand Line instead of New World.

I can already start to see Yamato spying on women along with Sanji and Brook because Oden was an extreme pervert himself :( Don’t know what would happen if Sanji and Brook ask to see Yamato’s panties though... Yet, I can see Sanji getting unfazed by Yamato due to her identifying herself as a male, he is not the best Okama supporter around (though a counter-argument is Kiku situation, he might change his attitude towards her once he learns she is a male) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.